RIP Dominick Dunne

audiogirl

Former Member
Reaction score
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Dominick Dunne, the former Hollywood producer and best-selling author known for his Vanity Fair essays on the courtroom travails of the rich and famous, died Wednesday in New York city after a long battle with cancer.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/25/dominick.dunne.obit/

So sad... I really enjoyed Power, Privilege and Justice.

I really enjoyed that show, too. I also liked his writing. I just saw an episode recently and thought he looked very ill.

Oh My Goodness-I will miss this man heartily. He was the reason I bought Vanity Fair...RIP sir.

Oh I enjoyed so much of his work over the years. I liked his pieces in Vanity Fair. Now he's with his daughter that was so brutally murdered years ago.
May he rest in peace, he did a lot of good on earth.
He'll be missed. :(

I absolutely loved Dominick Dunn. I'm so sad to hear the news :(

Rest in peace Dominick. :rose:

Words can’t express the loss of this outstanding man who lived his life to the fullest. A rare honorable man, indeed. He will be missed. Peace be with you Mr. Dunne. My sincere condolences go out to his friends and family.

Very sad to hear this news today.

Dominick Dunn was a true pioneer for crime victim rights and seeking justice.

Through his books, and his television series, he will always be remembered. RIP Dominick

R.I.P. Mr. Dunn..........sadly missed, little coverage in my area......just read the obit on
legacy.com
Loved his show and reading his books.
He really covered OJ and the Martha case.

The world of true crime fighters lost a comrade, and in many aspects, a hero, too, today.
I loved the wit and intelligence of Dominick Dunne. Few journalists of our generation were able to cross over from popular society reporting to true crime reporting; his metamorphasis coming after the murder of his beautiful daughter and namesake, Dominique.

Dear one, party in your own special style with your lovely Dominique, and with Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, whom you championed tirelessly. I tend to think heaven is a much more active place right now with you greeting and meeting so many whose causes you reported and obviously genuinely cared about.

I know you were in pain and needed to leave the suffering behind, having fought the good fight against cancer for some time, but the world has lost a spokesman for truth and a champion of justice.

You were a prince of your era and one of a kind. You turned personal loss and tragedy into intrepid professional true crime reporting. I will miss you and your "Power, Privilege and Justice."

Maria

In addition, I believe Mr. Dunne was instrumental in Mark Fuhrman’s success at getting Michael Skakel brought to justice for the murder of Martha Moxley.

well at least now he can be with his beloved daughter .. so sad for them both

Oh, sooooo sad to hear this. I really enjoyed his programs.
May he enjoy his reunion with his daughter.

You were a man with a mission...Justice for the victims of crime. Rest in sweet Peace with your daughter.

In addition, I believe Mr. Dunn was instrumental in Mark Fuhrman’s success at getting Michael Skakel brought to justice for the murder of Martha Moxley.

Yes, he absolutely was. I feel like crying. All of the true crime journalists on TV are being replaced with cheap " reality" nonsense. The reality is in the true crime stories.

I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Dunns passing, i enjoyed all his work so much and he worked so hard for the underdog and dug as deep as ever until he got to the truth. He will be missed but at peace with his daughter.

I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Dunns passing, i enjoyed all his work so much and he worked so hard for the underdog and dug as deep as ever until he got to the truth. He will be missed but at peace with his daughter. RIP MR. DUNN

Oh how sad. I love love love Dominic Dunne power privledge and justice.

RIP. you made a difference in this world!!

So sad about Dominick Dunne. I never loyally followed him or his program,I just remember how truly furious he was when someone interviewed him outside the court house immediately after the OJ Simpson verdict.He was just livid!He did not mince any of his words.I liked that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back