Deceased/Not Found CO - Aarone Thompson, 4, Aurora, 2003 *A. Thompson guilty*

Oh dear! I hope no one snatched her. She could be lost. Poor little girl. Hope they find her very soon.

Hoping this little one is found soon. Seems like LE are doing a good job-dogs, neighbors, reverse 911.

Why isn't the family cooperating ? hmmm....

Police: Parents Not Cooperating In Search

UPDATED: November 16, 2005

AURORA, Colo. -- The search continued Wednesday for a missing 6-year-old girl who's been missing since Monday in Aurora.

On Tuesday, authorities intensified their search for Aarone Thompson, who was last seen near her home wearing a white sweater, sweat pants and a gray hooded zip-up sweat jacket during cold, stormy weather.

More than 70 officers went door to door, made reverse 911 calls, and searched construction sites and a creek near her house in the 16000 block of East Kepner.

Also on Tuesday, police used Jefferson County bloodhounds to see if they could track her scent. The dogs went for a few miles and then stopped in an empty field near Chambers and Alameda Avenue. Officers searched the open lot and nearby garbage bins but turned up nothing.

Her father, Aaron Thompson, said the girl apparently left the house after a fight with her mother.

"And I'm scared for her safety. I really don't have much to go on but what the police have ... I just want to come out here and say thank you for everybody who is looking for her and if anybody has information, please contact the police to bring my baby girl home," said Thompson.

He called his daughter talkative and strong-headed.

But Aurora Police Department spokesman Marcus Dudley said the family hasn't been as cooperative as authorities have hoped.

"One of the issues we're facing is that the family is not as cooperative as we would have hoped they would be. And that's something we hope will change because time is precious right now," said Dudley.

The girl's biological mother lives out of state, police said.

This case is not considered an Amber Alert because right now, there is no evidence of foul play, police said.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/health/5336590/detail.html

Dudley said one of the problems with the search has been dealing with the girl's family.

"I've got to point out that one of the issues that we are facing is that the family hasn't been as cooperative as we would hope," he said.

This doesn't sound hopeful.

Good god! :doh: I hope that when they find this little girl that Child Services gets involved. These parents are horrible! You don't just let a 6 year old walk out of the house and to who-knows-where!! Even if you let her storm out, you follow her, and if she so much as leaves the front steps you drag her back in the house!

NCMEC Poster

Colorado Police Search for Missing Girl

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

AURORA, Colo. — Authorities intensified their search Tuesday for a missing 6-year-old girl, a day after she left her house with only a white sweater, sweat pants and a gray hooded zip-up sweat jacket during cold, stormy weather.

Aarone Thompson was last seen Monday afternoon near her house, Aurora Police Department spokesman Marcus Dudley said.
Her father, Aaron Thompson told Denver television stations the girl apparently left the house after a discipline problem.

"She's talkative, she's strong headed, she's my baby and I love her. I just want her back," he told KUSA-TV.

Dozens of officers went door to door, made reverse 911 calls and searched construction sites and a creek near her house.

"I've got to point out that one of the issues that we are facing is that the family hasn't been as cooperative as we would hope," Dudley said, refusing to elaborate or comment on the father's story.

"Any statements that are made, if this turns into a criminal incident, with regards with comments made by the family become part of the case," he said. "We don't want to be tainting the case if this turns into that kind of episode."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175719,00.html

This is near me and I cannot understand why someone would let their 6 year old storm out of the house. The family is not cooperating with Police and that is frustrating. If my child were missing I would be with the Police 24 hours a day untils she was found. Police Bloodhouds tracked the little girls scent to an empty field and then lost it. That has me worried that she was picked up at that field and God knows what happened then.

Why would the family not be as cooperative as they possibly could be? Unless the step-mom got p.o.'d about something and told the girl to get out of the house. Poor little girl... something bad happened to her.

Why would any adult in their right mind let a child this young outside by herself? :furious: The part about the family not cooperating sounds fishy to me. I hope I'm wrong.

Prayers that this little girl is found safely soon!

Consultants to aid in search for missing girl

November 16, 2005

Two consultants from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children will be arriving tonight to help with the search for 6-year-old Aaarone Thompson, who was reported missing around 1:30 p.m. Monday from her Aurora home.

Searchers fround a pair of shoes near a creek early Wednesday. The shoes were an adult's size, not those of a child as other media is reporting.

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4243617,00.html

NewMom2003 said:
Why would any adult in their right mind let a child this young outside by herself? :furious: The part about the family not cooperating sounds fishy to me. I hope I'm wrong.

Prayers that this little girl is found safely soon!

I think it is fishy too...after 2 days one can only suspect foul play. :(

AURORA, Colo. -- The FBI joined a search Wednesday for a missing 6-year-old girl who disappeared Monday afternoon.

Police say Aarone Thompson left her house wearing a white sweater, pink sweatpants and a gray hooded zip-up sweat jacket. Police fear what may have happened to her because she's been out in the cold, stormy weather for two full days and is facing her third night is sub-freezing temperatures.

Overnight temperatures the past two days have hovered in the mid-teens.

On Wednesday, FBI agents joined the Aurora police investigation and searched the girl's home and a trash truck. A Waste Management truck was stopped Wednesday afternoon, several blocks from the girl's home. Officers found some items of interest and took them away for further inspection but police would not say what the items were or whether they are involved in the case.

Officers also began searching a new location -- near Alameda Avenue and Chambers. They are focusing on a open field near Toll Gate Creek.

This new location is about a half-mile from the girl's home, which is located on the 16000 block of East Kepner, near Kentucky.

Police say they need just a little clue to move the search forward. Investigators claim that they are not getting much help from the girl's father and his live-in girlfriend.

(snip)

full story at link

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/5336590/detail.html

This is not right at all- the picture family gave is more than 1.5 yrs old. Child seculded, possible car in drive.....I am getting a very bad feeling about Arrone and her family situation.

The snow is falling here north of Denver. I hope she's found safe, but I think it's unlikely now. :(

Police scale back search for missing girl

11/17/2005
By DenverPost.com

Aurora police are suspending the full-scale search for a 6-year-old girl missing since Monday.

Dozens of police officers and volunteers, a bloodhound and an airplane have been used to look for Aaroné Thompson.

In a press conference this afternoon, Aurora police said that their efforts to find the girl will be focused on the investigation into her disappearance, rather than the expansive ground search underway since Tuesday. They said they'll be working with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, to determine the best strategy.

Aaroné's father reported her missing Monday afternoon after he said she left their home following an argument. He said she was not dressed warmly and within hours of her disappearance, the weather turned sharply colder.

Police said they were becoming frustrated with the family for failing to fully cooperate with the search. Authorities wouldn't comment on specifics, but say the family had provided only one photo of the girl, taken a year and a half ago.

Aaroné Thompson didn't attend school, though she would be in the first grade. She was last seen in a white sweater with pink sweatsuit bottoms, a gray hooded sweat jacket and white gym shoes.

Her hair was in a ponytail. She is a light-skinned black female with black hair and brown eyes. She is 4 feet tall, weighs 60 pounds and is missing her right upper canine tooth.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3227578

<snip>

Meanwhile, a spokesman for the family of a missing 6-year-old girl expressed anger today over how police have handled the case.

"Do not treat this family in a subhuman manner," Sam Riddle said from Michigan.

Riddle, who said he is volunteering as a family spokesman because he grew up with the girl's grandfather, was responding to comments made by Aurora police that the family of Aarone Thompson initially would not cooperate with investigators. He called that "pure hogwash."

Riddle said the family has allowed police into their home and relatives have submitted fingerprints and DNA to detectives.

Police declined to comment on what they plan to do with the evidence.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4246696,00.html

Greta said breaking news on child from colorado. I guess she s talking about this little one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back