Rewards for Unsolved Crimes and Missing People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patience

Former Member
Reaction score
One Hundred Thousand dollar reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Kelly Jane Evelyn COOK of Alberta, Canada, and the arrest and conviction of the perpetrator of this crime.

A one hundred thousand dollar reward ($100,000.00) from the Village of Standard is offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the perpetrator of this crime.

If you have any information about this case, please contact Cpl. Andrew JOHNSON, Calgary RCMP General Investigation Section at (403)-699-2611 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cc-afn/cook-kelly-eng.htm

Cold Case Files
Name : Kelly Jane Evelyn COOK

click to enlarge

Details : Kelly Jane Evelyn COOK, a 15 year-old female, lived with her parents in the village of Standard, Alberta, which is located 70 kilometers northeast of Calgary, Alberta.
On April 22, 1981, at 8:20 A.M., Kelly received a phone call from a man identifying himself as Bill CHRISTENSEN. The caller asked if she would babysit that evening. Kelly agreed and arrangements were made for the caller to pick up Kelly at her residence.
At 8:30 P.M., a full-sized North American car pulled up in front of the COOK’s residence. The unidentified male and Kelly were last seen departing the residence. Kelly was not seen alive again. Her body was discovered in the Chin Lake Reservoir (east of Lethbridge, Alberta) on June 28, 1981.
It is believed that the perpetrator of this crime had planned the abduction over a one or two-month period.

http://projectkarearchives.blogspot.com/2006_04_01_archive.html

One victim in particular, missing I think in 1976, was from Calgary. Prior to leaving her home, this 16 – 17 y.o. said she was going to Banff or Canmore or somewhere like that and a guy named "Bill Christensen" was giving her a ride. No one is able to identify this person to this day. It was believed at the time this man did pick her up. He never came forward. She never made it to her destination and was never seen again. I can't remember if they found her body. This information is available on national RCMP website under the cold case section as are several others. I think it’s a renewed interest case. There were several around that time – and I think bbb mentioned several times the young girl found in North Vancouver around ’76. My interest is greatly peaked to review these cases from AB and BC from the 1970’s and early 1980’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts