WI WI - Kayla Berg, 15, Wausau, 11 Aug 2009

Mom, for some reason the link didn't work for me. Could you link again or bring her info here please? TIA.

Latest: Police say missing teen may be a runaway, mom says it's unlikely

It's been nearly a month since a 16-year-old Antigo teen went missing in Wausau.

Now police aren't sure whether she was abducted or if she's just hiding out.

Kayla's mom Hope Sprenger says, "Kayla if you can hear this, please just call me, you're not in trouble. Just call mom. I need to know."

Even though 16-year-old Kayla Berg has been missing for nearly a month, her mother isn't giving up hope. And neither are the Antigo Police.

Chief Eric Roller says, "We're following up on everything we can. A lot of it has been "she's been here or there, been sighted here, maybe here".

The problem is, they haven't been able to confirm any of those tips. The man who saw Kayla last dropped her off at this abandoned home. He says he never saw her go in. The person she was meeting says he wasn't here.

Roller says, "To this day that's all we really do know."

Based on interviews, the stories just aren't matching up. That's why police believe Kayla may be hiding with friends.

Roller says, "We do feel that there is some deception there and they may know more about it. Again, it's nothing concrete but it is a lead that we want to go on."

But Sprenger isn't so sure, "I can't believe that they would lie. They've seen what I've gone through, what I'm going through... I can't see her doing this. It's completely not in her nature."

But police say if Kayla is hiding, it's the best case scenario at this point.

Roller says, "That's what we're hoping for. I mean we're just hoping that she's going to come back, she's safe and her friends knew."

You may remember we told you that police received a tip from a person saying they thought they saw Kayla get into a truck at the Wal-Mart in Antigo.

The driver of that truck was interviewed and cleared.

http://www.waow.com/Global/story.asp?S=11101695

Glad to see another person from Antigo has joined Kayla's search. There are many rumors but no solid evidence, I hope Kayla can just come back home and resume her happy life in High School. Kayla, God Bless and please call home. Everyone needs to know that you are safe!

I don't think i understand why the police are so convinced she ran away?
She was dropped off and a vacant house (why?? why would someone leave her alone at a vacant house anyway?) and never seen again.
Why does that make it look like she ran away? Someone could have been there or could have seen her alone at a freakin vacant house and used that oppurtunity to take her??
I feel soooo bad for her mommy who just wants her baby back in her arms.
I can NOT imagine.
I hope this thread gets alot of attention and some of you awesome sleuthers can figure out something.

I'm happy to report that the benefit in my eyes was a huge success. Though we did not raise near enough to hire a private investigator we did earn enough for a good size reward. And thanks to many private donations the reward is still rising. We have hit some resistance but thank god there are more people who are willing to help than stall us. Please visit www.kaylaberg.tumblr.com

I was glad to see a large color billboard with Kayla's photo and missing info. It is on a busy highway and easily seen on Highway 45 through Antigo. A lot of people from Southern Wisconsin and Illinois travel this route to get to the Northwoods recreation areas. Hope someone sees this and can contribute to Kayla coming home safely.

LANGLADE COUNTY (WAOW)-- The Antigo police captain tells Newsline 9 that Kevin Kielcheski, 24, of Deerbrook was taken into custody on a charge of second degree reckless endangerment.
Kielcheski appeared in court Monday and cash bond was set.
He remains in the Langlade County Jail Monday night.
Police say he drove Berg to Wausau and was the last person known to have contact with the teen.
Berg was 15 when she was last seen in Wausau on August 11th.
Friends reportedly dropped her off near a home on the city's east side.
She hasn't been heard from since.
But despite the arrest, police say they're still checking into leads.
If you have any information on where Kayla Berg might be, you're asked to call Antigo police at 715-627-6411.
Online Reporter: Pam Warnke
http://www.waow.com/global/story.asp?s=11388101

It appears the police are still looking. So, it does not say he has been arrested for her disappearance.

It seems that the Police Dept. have enough reason to hold him. I think more will come out now that they have him in custody. Maybe he will at least give them more clues, I hope so. This boy graduated with my son. Scary
is this wisconsin ? if so i live in cadott wisconsin i dont live far from yas

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back