Big win for the Prosecution, Padilla's team's testimony will come in !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I love, love, love Judge Strickland's ruling on this! What do you think of it?"Statements he and his associates made about conversations they had with Casey while they were protecting her can be made public," WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Martie Salt said.

WESH-Channel 2's Bob Kealing said, "This latest ruling also means the state can call as a witness a woman named Tracy McLaughlin, who was an employee of Leonard Padilla's [and] who spent nine days in very close contact with Casey while Caylee was still missing."

What do you make of that? Sounds like a setback for the defense, which had wanted the statements blocked and testimony kept out of trial. Casey Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of Caylee, her daughter.

Later, WKMG-Channel 6's Tony Pipitone provided more insight about Padilla and the bounty hunter's team. "We don't know what's in those statements, but [defense attorney Jose] Baez does," Pipitone said. "And he didn't want it to be considered even for evidence. But we should know soon, because today's ruling means it opens the door for this to become public record."http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5V_rF4Rjuc

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...-at-trial.html
__________________http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5V_rF4Rjuc

I can't wait to hear what Tracy has to say! I think her testimony will be HUGE. JB has made such a big deal out of it, there's gotta be something very incriminating that she saw or heard.

I can't wait to hear what Tracy has to say! I think her testimony will be HUGE. JB has made such a big deal out of it, there's gotta be something very incriminating that she saw or heard.

Leonard is all over U Tube telling what things the testimony will reveal. It will be interesting.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5V_rF4Rjuc"]YouTube - Leonard Padilla Speaks Out On Levi Page Show 8/23/09 Part 1[/ame]

I love, love, love Judge Strickland's ruling on this! What do you think of it?"Statements he and his associates made about conversations they had with Casey while they were protecting her can be made public," WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Martie Salt said.

WESH-Channel 2's Bob Kealing said, "This latest ruling also means the state can call as a witness a woman named Tracy McLaughlin, who was an employee of Leonard Padilla's [and] who spent nine days in very close contact with Casey while Caylee was still missing."

What do you make of that? Sounds like a setback for the defense, which had wanted the statements blocked and testimony kept out of trial. Casey Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of Caylee, her daughter.

Later, WKMG-Channel 6's Tony Pipitone provided more insight about Padilla and the bounty hunter's team. "We don't know what's in those statements, but [defense attorney Jose] Baez does," Pipitone said. "And he didn't want it to be considered even for evidence. But we should know soon, because today's ruling means it opens the door for this to become public record."

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...-at-trial.html

I agree, the judge writes very well. But c'mon. Who was surprised at this ruling? Show of hands... anyone? Anyone? :)

The mere fact that Casey told LP a different story about Zanny the Nanny kidnapping Caylee in Blanchard Park and that she was told she had to follow a script is highly incriminating. Another lie that has to be explained away by the defense. Great ruling, Judge Strickland. I think I love you! :blowkiss:

I bet Jose is WISHING he had gone on and paid them all the one dollar that LP said he asked him to pay them all in the beginning...if only Jose had listened for ONCE he might not be in this position now.

Not suprised in the least, but LOVING his honor for sure!:)

Whatever Tracy has to tell must be very damning to the defense if they went to these lengths to try to keep it quiet.

Too bad too sad Casey...the truth WILL find a way!

The mere fact that Casey told LP a different story about Zanny the Nanny kidnapping Caylee in Blanchard Park and that she was told she had to follow a script is highly incriminating. Another lie that has to be explained away by the defense. Great ruling, Judge Strickland. I think I love you! :blowkiss:

OT, but I don't think she actually told this TO LP...she told it to or in the presence of one of the others if I am not mistaken.

And, do you think we can finally get a look at that SCRIPT?
Hooray for the judge's latest ruling!

mypic.gif

YES, YES, YES!
Judge S., You Rule! (literally and otherwise)

I'm thinking the poster meant all the Nancy appearances LP did. He let out some bits and pieces all the time.

I can't wait for Tracy's interview!!

Momtective, I love your little happy dance!

OOPS! Thanks TWA!

I'm wondering if this whole mess was why Morgan waited to depose Padilla and his crew - to see if Strickland would rule against it for some reason in the criminal trial, even though that seemed unlikely from what we had heard about extending privilege.

Padilla, Tracy, et al, will be even more fun for Morgan to depose - their presence in the house after KC was bonded out is critical. They can, for instance testify if ZFG's name was ever mentioned at all while they were there, not to mention all kinds of other questions the Anthony's may think are "irrelevant" (like the sudden appearance of an alternate scenario that KC never shared with the police but provided an "explanation" as to why she had to be all hush-hush about details because she was "protecting" her child and family's life) and might not fly at the actual criminal trial but could be important to the civil case.

I sure hope JM has got the Padilla group on the docket for the civil case now that this has been cleared up.

I'm so glad, I'm so glad, so glad, so glad, I'm glad.

So JB couldn't produce that original document or what? LOL Glad Strickland ruled in favor of allowing their testimony especially Tracy's. She will have quite a tale to tell, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member