How will Jaycee heal?

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
Use this thread to discuss it. I'll start:
Updated: Thursday, 27 Aug 2009, 8:47 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 27 Aug 2009, 8:38 PM CDT

• By LILY FU
(MYFOX NATIONAL) - The world reacted with joy when news that Jaycee Lee Dugard, who had been kidnapped and held captive for 18 years, surfaced at a police station in Northern California. But many are wondering how Dugard is doing after fathering two of her captor's children and being held in isolation in a backyard shed for so long.
Those who have been through similar circumstances are offering words of advice to Dugard and her family. Elizabeth Smart, who was kidnapped from her bedroom in Salt Lake City, Utah, in 2002 at the age of 14, was found alive nine months later in a suburb near her home. She told CNN's Campbell Brown that Dugard should focus on reconnecting with her family and remembering the things that she used to like to do. read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news...082709_3206704

I honestly do not know how she will heal, except fully rely on God. Its not the same as Elizabeth Smart Elizabeth was missing 9 months, she was still in the same era. JC is 18 years older she is no longer 11 years old a child she is a woman.
I think of the Steven Stayner, he never healed and he died 7 years later.
I do believe it is possable to heal with love and prayers therapy and God. I just hope she has the strenght

Butterfly is right. She is going to need a ton of love ~ supernaturally! And her family is going to have to meet her as she is now...not what they dreamed she would become.

We need to continue to lift them all up in our prayers!

i honestly don't know how you would heal from something like that...or if you can. yes you can put on the pretty Elizabeth Smart face and smile and talk about how happy you are (which i truly truly hope is the truth), but watching her even tonight in the interview with her father on anderson cooper show, when she gets to talking about her horrifying ordeal, you can see her breathing escalate and get deeper...she is still horribly traumatized no matter what and forever will be affected, as i believe so many others who have been through these things will. (sorry, i know this is about Jaycee, but i just still have real issues with how poor Elizabeth's parents handled her return...JMO of course) they can hopefully learn to cope and press ahead and try to make the best of the time they have now. i hope that the massive love being sent their way helps just a bit....

I don't know either.... Many prayers and faith in God. What makes me so sad is to think her children are 11 and 15 already as I have read. No formal education for any of them...... What will happen? I pray they all have a lot of love, strength and support. They will receive many prayers from us.

It is going to take years of therapy. I keep thinking about Jaycee starting her first menstrual cycle without her mom. It probably happened not too long after she was abducted. And getting pregnant and giving birth at 14 years old, can you imagine how terrified she was about what was happening to her body? With no exposure to education, tv, internet, etc.she probably didn't know what was going on. Many girls that age feel a certain amount of shame/embarrassment about turning into a woman. Having to endure these things without her mom is unthinkable. Having to endure these things while held captive by a disgusting #$#* pervert is.........there is no word to define it.

I hope the monster and his lovely wife (ha) go to prison forever and are forced to BEND OVER FOR THE SOAP constantly. Is it wrong to feel that way?

Since her captor was a religous fanatic (and not the good kind)...Im not so sure Jaycee will do much praying after her ordeal...I guess it will depend on her family to show her the true meaning of faith.

General population at San Quentin wearing a diaper for this creep would be great. No need to keep him isolated as he did to Jaycee and her children. The Steven Stayner case is the only real case I have heard of even coming close to this. And even Kenneth Parnell as sick as he was let him live in the house with electricity and allowed him to attend school.

This guys wife is just as bad. I don't care what some may say about her being like a robot or in some kind of spell under him. That's garbage.

Elizabeth Smart's advice sounds very good. Though it will be hard to do, this girl and her children should strive to begin new lives and put the horror behind them.

I posted this over on Thread #2 and it fits better over here, so I copied and pasted it :)

I didn't read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Colleen Stan? She has written a book about a similar experience and I've seeh her interviewed on TV. I hope she will be able to speak with Jaycee...I think she would be very close to this horror and would understand Jaycee more than anyone.

On May 19, 1977, Cameron Hooker kidnapped 20 year old Colleen Stan as she was hitchhiking to a friend's birthday party. Colleen accepted the ride and felt safe since Hooker's wife, Janice, and their baby were in the car. Once alone in an isolated area, Hooker pulled off the highway and put a knife to Colleen's throat. Earlier, Cameron and Janice had reached an agreement that Janice could have a baby if Cameron could have a sex slave. She had her baby and now he had his sex slave. Colleen had been kidnapped for torture and humiliation while Janice reserved Cameron's love and kindness for herself. There was to be no sex with Colleen according to the agreement, but this was later to change.<snipped>

Wikipedia (Links)
Kidnapping_of_Colleen_Stan

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Colleen_Stan[/ame]

Ooops!!! The link didn't follow me...LOL

This is the story of the Woman in the Box. She was held captive for years...A husband and wife team were also involved in her capture and torture.

It is going to take years of therapy. I keep thinking about Jaycee starting her first menstrual cycle without her mom. It probably happened not too long after she was abducted. And getting pregnant and giving birth at 14 years old, can you imagine how terrified she was about what was happening to her body? With no exposure to education, tv, internet, etc.she probably didn't know what was going on. Many girls that age feel a certain amount of shame/embarrassment about turning into a woman. Having to endure these things without her mom is unthinkable. Having to endure these things while held captive by a disgusting #$#* pervert is.........there is no word to define it.

I hope the monster and his lovely wife (ha) go to prison forever and are forced to BEND OVER FOR THE SOAP constantly. Is it wrong to feel that way?

He77 no it is not! The repercussions of this crime will be felt by Jaycee and her children their entire life. It affects your psyche, your self esteem, your ability to function and can change the way others view you. I hurt for these children, including Jaycee whose development is probably arrested as she has been isolated with her captors and not allowed to develop into the woman she should be. Trauma does terrible things to a person...I pray that Jaycee finds a way to receive healing and live a fulfilling life, for herself and the children. Oh, God protect those poor, poor babies.

I posted this over on Thread #2 and it fits better over here, so I copied and pasted it :)

I didn't read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Colleen Stan? She has written a book about a similar experience and I've seeh her interviewed on TV. QUOTE]

I read the book to which you are referring. I tought about her case when I first heard of Jaycee's return. In the book she explained why she didn't call for help and run. People questioning why kids don't run when given the chance should read the book.

I have always wondered in a case like this, who will support the now grown Jaycee and her two children, not just emotionally but financially. I hope that some really good therapists will come forward and perhaps offer their services because they are truly going to need all the therapy they can get. It has been stated that the three have had no medical care at all, so they are going to obviously need some medical attention. I'm sure they would not have insurance coverage currently, so will the family get help with that somehow? I think in the Smart case, money was probably not an issue but you don't know about Jaycee's case. Not trying to sound like money is so important but it will take a "village" to help these three victims of this horrible, almost too terrible to even think about crime. I do hope some sort of organization, possibly the Red Cross, or something like that will be available immediately.

I was going to put this in the big thread, but I think here is more appropriate. I was trying to think of the positive things about this case. First and foremost, she and her girls have been found and are away from that sick man. They now have a chance to try and heal.

Also, when I first started reading this story, I thought they had been in total isolation with no outside socialization, but have learned they have been around and spoken to others. That makes me feel better about the little girls chances of healing. Unlike feral children, they have learned to speak because of their Mother and other people. They're most likely potty trained. They were loved by their Mother, who I'm sure hugged them.

I realize I am grasping at straws to see the good, but feral children... That is awful. That doesn't seem to be the case with these girls.

I have prayed for them a lot already, as Christine said "I will have holes in my pants from being on my knees."

They need a lot of prayer and a lot of love.

How Jaycee Dugard is Coping
Thursday, just hours after El Dorado County authorities described abductee Jaycee Lee Dugard's 18 years in captivity in Antioch, her stepfather reported to News10 that Jaycee seemed remarkably well considering her ordeal.
In a telephone interview with News10's Cristina Mendonsa, Carl Probyn said the girl's mother Terry reunited with her now 29-year-old daughter Jaycee Thursday -- and said despite the lonely years away, her daughter appeared much as her family remembered her.
"She looks healthy. She looks good," Probyn said.
But Probyn said Terry confirmed some signs of Jaycee's long confinement were present. "She is very remorseful. She's very guilty that she bonded with these people," Probyn said.
Jaycee Dugard lived nearly two decades as a prisoner in the secluded backyard on an Antioch home, raising two children by her alleged abductor with little to no outside contact, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Deparment.

Nope, not at all. Can you believe these two pled not guilty? It's not going to be easy for Jaycee and her kids to face them in court when this goes to trial.

I have always wondered in a case like this, who will support the now grown Jaycee and her two children, not just emotionally but financially. I hope that some really good therapists will come forward and perhaps offer their services because they are truly going to need all the therapy they can get. It has been stated that the three have had no medical care at all, so they are going to obviously need some medical attention. I'm sure they would not have insurance coverage currently, so will the family get help with that somehow? I think in the Smart case, money was probably not an issue but you don't know about Jaycee's case. Not trying to sound like money is so important but it will take a "village" to help these three victims of this horrible, almost too terrible to even think about crime. I do hope some sort of organization, possibly the Red Cross, or something like that will be available immediately.

These children don't exist "on paper" (no birth certificate, no ssn, etc.). There is a lot of red tape to go through before they can receive any government assistance. And I believe Jaycee was declared legally dead. That will need to be undone. But I bet there will be plenty of monetary donations for the family. I would offer my services to them for free (I'm a social worker) and I'm sure that will be the case with others.

I do believe that the loving and accepting arms of her family are open wide for her, to embrace her. I believe that just being reunited with her loved ones is enough to heal her heart. She did nothing wrong. Her children, I am sure, will be loved and adored just like any other children from a loving family. She is obviously a strong and wise woman. Quite a survivor, IMO.

I send my love and greatest wishes for happiness and comfort to this family. May the coming years together make the years they were apart grow dim and the sun shine on their future.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back