Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Garrido- prior offenses and background information

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Exclamation please look at these two pictures of Garrido!

please compare this picture
    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...-police-report

and this picture (at the bottom of Michaela Garacht's Charley project page.. the center picture of the perp)
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._michaela.html

to me it is a dead ringer!
    This bee my opinion

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

OK, I know this is totally OT, but a couple of threads here including this one keep putting me in mind of "Dexter" - have any of you ever seen that show? Dexter is a serial killer who only kills evil people, perverts and other murderers... a number of people and situations in this case could have come right out of a Dexter episode.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nobody2 For This Useful Post:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...69568#32669892

Today show video on the 1972 rape case that was dropped
    This bee my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    please compare this picture
    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...-police-report

and this picture (at the bottom of Michaela Garacht's Charley project page.. the center picture of the perp)
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._michaela.html

to me it is a dead ringer!
    Good find!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

The only problem with that theory is that Michaela's abductor supposedly had acne pockmarking his face. It was described as his #1 most defining characteristic (via Michaela's mother's website). I have never seen any acne on Philip Garrido. At least certainly not to the extent where it was the first thing you would notice about him.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarioMangler For This Useful Post:

See below, here's a picture of Garrido from around 1988 (when Michaela went missing). Doesn't look like the right guy (acne faced, long haired) to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMangler View Post
    The only problem with that theory is that Michaela's abductor supposedly had acne pockmarking his face. It was described as his #1 most defining characteristic (via Michaela's mother's website). I have never seen any acne on Philip Garrido. At least certainly not to the extent where it was the first thing you would notice about him.
    There is an age problem, too. Michaela's abductor is described as being between 18 and 24 years old, and in 1988 Garrido was 37 years old. Big discrepancy there. His appearance in 1976 after his arrest in Reno does bear a striking resemblance to the 1988 sketch, however. But there's 12 years' difference here to reconcile.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

His 1988 photo looks a lot like the revised composite, without the acne, of course. He could have shaved off the mustache, but his smooth face is a definite problem. Was it Michaela's friend who provided the description of the abductor? If so, could she perhaps have noticed the moles on the nose and imagined more acne on the face? The witness only had a few seconds to get a look.

Last edited by JoeFromLB; 09-03-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: clarification

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

In the revised composite drawing, the suspect has shorter hair. When was that second composite made? Could there have also been some uncertainty as to the "pockmarked" face?

If you take away the acne and add a mustache, the revised composite is similar to Garrido in the 1988 photo.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Michaela and Jaycee

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

~food for thought... (need to find the link where I read this) Michaela's mom said the second shorter hair sketch in black and white was more acurate than the color one. The funny thing is (to me at least) that the color sketch resembles Garrido in the 70's and the black and white resembles in the 80's. Also, note that the car witnessed in the abduction of Michaela was a "sedan" (not able to copy and paste from the charley project page or would do so)
    This bee my opinion

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

startling similarities in age progression photos of Michaela and Jaycee

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post

I hear you! And look at the age progression pictures of Michaela at circa age 29: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._michaela.html

and compare it to the age progressed picture of Jaycee Lee at circa age 26 http://www.rgj.com/article/20090827/...ook-like-today
    This bee my opinion

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Michaela and Jaycee/age progressions

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

~food for thought... (need to find the link where I read this) Michaela's mom said the second shorter hair sketch in black and white was more accurate than the color one. The funny thing is (to me at least) that the color sketch resembles Garrido in the 70's and the black and white resembles in the 80's. Also, note that the car witnessed in the abduction of Michaela was a "sedan" (not able to copy and paste from the charley project page or would do so)

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Joe! Kinda makes the hair stand up doesn't it?
    This bee my opinion

The similarities are startling.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Californian For This Useful Post:

~food for thought... (need to find the link where I read this) Michaela's mom said the second shorter hair sketch in black and white was more acurate than the color one. The funny thing is (to me at least) that the color sketch resembles Garrido in the 70's and the black and white resembles in the 80's. Also, note that the car witnessed in the abduction of Michaela was a "sedan" (not able to copy and paste from the charley project page or would do so)
    I copied it for you by hand.

"...a large older model American-made sedan. It was possibly a four-door vehicle and was cream, gold, or tan in color...the front bumper was battered. It appeared to be run-down."

31. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Where did Garrido live prior to 1976?

Garrido attended Liberty Union High School in Brentwood, reportedly graduating in 1969. Brentwood was primarily an agricultural community with a few thousand residents back then, while Antioch, then considered an industrial area, had a population of around 25 - 30,000 (remembering off the top of my head). Antioch had a great "cruise" in the downtown area in the 70's-80's, that attracted a lot of kids from sleepy Brentwood/Oakley every weekend.

In 2009, Manuel is living in Brentwood. We might assume he has lived in Brentwood since the late 1960's since Garrido graduated high school there in 1969.

Garrido's parents, Patricia and Manuel, reportedly divorce January 1971.

In 1972, Garrido, 21, picks up 2 young teens at the library, which is near Antioch Junior High and Antioch Senior High schools on 18th Street. He takes them back to his house ~ which had a shed in the backyard ~ then takes one of the girls to a motel in Antioch, again on 18th Street, where he sexually assaulted her.

According to records a WS'er found, Patricia and her second husband bought the house on Walnut Avenue in 1979, which is coincidentally off 18th Street. Is this correct?

If so, where was the house with the shed Garrido used in 1972?

Also, he married his first wife, who knew him from high school in Brentwood, in 1973, reportedly in Reno, and he committed the 1976 rape in Reno, so we might assume he was living there the entire three years, but do we know that for sure?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Californian For This Useful Post:

Garrido offered advice on avoiding abductions, client says

I just saw this in the O.C Register:

"Phillip Garrido once printed up a child safety tip sheet for a children's safety advocate, and threw in some extra advice on how kids could avoid kidnappers, according to a news report...."

"Gomes told the station that when she hired Garrido to print up a child-safety tip sheet, he had an extra tip: "'Children really shouldn't be walking to the bus stop by themselves. Children are no match for adults,'" Gomes remembered him saying."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/g...03-child-gomes

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shari_Gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shari_Gal View Post
    I just saw this in the O.C Register:

"Phillip Garrido once printed up a child safety tip sheet for a children's safety advocate, and threw in some extra advice on how kids could avoid kidnappers, according to a news report...."

"Gomes told the station that when she hired Garrido to print up a child-safety tip sheet, he had an extra tip: "'Children really shouldn't be walking to the bus stop by themselves. Children are no match for adults,'" Gomes remembered him saying."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/g...03-child-gomes

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

EVERY TIME I READ THIS THREAD and hear of yet one more poor child that was harmed all I want to say is.
    ENOUGH!!!
    JUST KILLTHE SOBMF
    PLEASE
    No I don't have any forgiveness..... none.....
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    EVERY TIME I READ THIS THREAD and hear of yet one more poor child that was harmed all I want to say is.
    ENOUGH!!!
    JUST KILLTHE SOBMF
    PLEASE
    No I don't have any forgiveness..... none.....
    Just short of that sentiment: If he is given 50 years as a sentence, then 50 years is what he should serve. None of this good behavior business. Of course he had good behavior....No women or children to victimize in jail.

Makes me sick everytime these guys get out early and do the same thing again.

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SondraK For This Useful Post:

This makes the HOW MANY times he's raped? He's admitted in court records his twisted, sick, sexual deviations. NOPE!!! No More Time! Just put him 6 feet under. I don't want to pay to house, clothe and feed this animal one more day. I've had to beg, borrow and steal (well not really steal) to get the MUCH NEEDED dental work I needed. This used to be a standard joke around my house (because my teeth were really really bad for about 3 years) - that I should just go and rob the 7-11 - once I was caught all I would have to say is "My teeth hurt" and I would have gotten all the work I needed FREE OF CHARGE!!! So, nope - PG is just like a rabid dog, or an animal that has turned vicious and attacked - PUT HIM DOWN. He won't suffer (but who would care?)

I have my new teeth to pay off and I certainly can't afford my share to house an animal for the rest of his sorry life.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Garrido's moles look like Damien's 666 in the Omen

*My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I agree with what John Douglas said in his book Law and Disorder:

"Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SondraK View Post
    Just short of that sentiment: If he is given 50 years as a sentence, then 50 years is what he should serve. None of this good behavior business. Of course he had good behavior....No women or children to victimize in jail.

Makes me sick everytime these guys get out early and do the same thing again.
    He passed some stupid psychological test called the SFS with flying colors, scored a 9 out of a possible 11. It indicated he was a "low risk" to offend again.

Stupid psychologists! He had them all fooled. He's canny and very intelligent, knows how to play the game. He's probably planning his elaborate insanity/diminished-capacity defense at this moment.

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast