Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nancy Garrido

Doesn't NV have less stringent laws on notice periods, age limits, etc. for weddings than Ca (i.e., eloping across the border?)

Plus why would Nancy be bigamously marrying someone else in the late 90s, given that she'd married Phillip in jail in the 80s and is still with him now?

Plus I think Garrido is that woman's maiden name (bet she's glad she lost it now) and it's not that uncommon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cymro For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
    Doesn't NV have less stringent laws on notice periods, age limits, etc. for weddings than Ca (i.e., eloping across the border?)

Plus why would Nancy be bigamously marrying someone else in the late 90s, given that she'd married Phillip in jail in the 80s and is still with him now?

Plus I think Garrido is that woman's maiden name (bet she's glad she lost it now) and it's not that uncommon.
    As I noted, this was a possibility and not verified. At this point all we have is what the brother said in that article, we don't know that they have indeed legally married. We still need to find the record of it.

Maz

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sfbaynancydrew View Post
    Snipped from this article:http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNHQ19EU4O.DTL

"It was at the federal prison in Leavenworth, Kan., that Phillip Garrido met his wife, the visiting niece of another prisoner.

The couple communicated through letters and then married in a ceremony held behind prison walls, Ron Garrido said."
    ugh, puke...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joga For This Useful Post:

This timeline: http://www.sacbee.com/latest/story/2144352.html if correct, says he was in KS for 11 years before being transferred. So he would have had to have gotten married to Nancy there. He was incarcerated in 1976, first wife divorced him in 1980, so he most likely married Nancy in KS. Which does not have public records online. I wonder if someone called the Leavenworth County Clerks Office if they would look up the info over the phone. Some of them do.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sfbaynancydrew For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_md View Post
    I posted in the other thread how I thought Nancy strongly resembled Tara Cossey who went missing in 1979. The age is off but worth looking into. I'll copy and paste what I put on the other thread.

I tried to make a side by side of Nancy and Tara don't know how good it turned out since it is my first time doing this. Nancy's nose is a bit wider but my nose is wider then it was at 12. Nancy looks older then 43, like she could actually be 54. The forehead is scrunched and her hair is covering it, so her forehead looks smaller then Tara's. The ears, eyes, mouth, jawbone, and chin look simular to me. And as another poster said 30 yrs living with PG could be cause for looking so rough!

The idea of this is very intriguing. I do not think this is her, but I guess I would want to compare more "known" folks with their childhood pics in this manner before I would feel confident that it is or is not. The philtrum looks similar, and the very dark eyes and a couple other things. THe ears don't look quite right though, and the bridge of Garrido;s nose, between her eyes, seems more pinched. I have also noticed that many people have sort of a natural part to their hair, to one side or the middle, that they have from childhood, and the older woman's part is more to the side.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nobody2 For This Useful Post:

she is scrunching her face, I will say that some women part their hair to cover a bad hairline with alot of little baby hairs like that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to minazoe For This Useful Post:

Do Garrido and Nancy have any children in common?

I will never understand women like this. Women who will do anything for a man, even if it means harming a child.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. E For This Useful Post:

although someone stated he was in prison at the time Tara went missing. I must say requarding the part, I have very thick hair and I have to part my hair how I want it to go, if not it's in a zigzag mess or it will be even then turn. Now when I comb it when wet I have to put it where I want it as well.
    My Sweet Baby Girl!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dani_md For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by arielilane View Post
    Although I see a vague resemblence, the sketch sure resembles (IMO) more the Maurad woman.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    Do Garrido and Nancy have any children in common?

I will never understand women like this. Women who will do anything for a man, even if it means harming a child.
    Mr. E, it doesn't appear that they do. I'd have to have her maiden name to more conclusive search, but they've mostly lived in the East Bay, CA and there weren't any children with his last name born in that county during the years she would have had children. At least that couldn't be attributed to other people with that last name.

So I'm thinking that she didn't.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sfbaynancydrew For This Useful Post:

I got this message when I tired to retrieve her myspace:

The function that you are currently trying to use is disabled and will be back shortly.

We are making some minor changes to this section so please bear with us until we can get it back online.

Please do NOT email me about this. Just wait it out. Aug 28, 2009 -Tom

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arielilane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sfbaynancydrew View Post
    Mr. E, it doesn't appear that they do. I'd have to have her maiden name to more conclusive search, but they've mostly lived in the East Bay, CA and there weren't any children with his last name born in that county during the years she would have had children. At least that couldn't be attributed to other people with that last name.

So I'm thinking that she didn't.
    At this point I have to agree. I've come up with nothing yet too.

Maz

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by arielilane View Post
    I got this message when I tired to retrieve her myspace:

The function that you are currently trying to use is disabled and will be back shortly.

We are making some minor changes to this section so please bear with us until we can get it back online.

Please do NOT email me about this. Just wait it out. Aug 28, 2009 -Tom
    What is the url?

Maz

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_md View Post
    although someone stated he was in prison at the time Tara went missing. I must say requarding the part, I have very thick hair and I have to part my hair how I want it to go, if not it's in a zigzag mess or it will be even then turn. Now when I comb it when wet I have to put it where I want it as well.
    Yeah actually, and now that you mention it it is parted in the middle on the composite and that is pretty clearly her. My hair moves back to the same side no matter how I part it though!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to nobody2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
    Although I see a vague resemblence, the sketch sure resembles (IMO) more the Maurad woman.
    I agree. Thanks for bringing those over here.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyz_Mum For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast