Search Warrant Garrido Home Friday Aug 28, 2009

i.b.nora

I am polka dot
Reaction score
2009-08-28 8:41 PM
On
# Sharon Ito, News10 The bodies of the murdered women were dumped near an industrial park where Garrido worked during the 1990s.

2009-08-28 8:40 PM
On
# Sharon Ito, News10 Officers from the Contra Costa city of Pittsburg executed a search warrant today on Garrido's home in Antioch for clues in several unsolved murders of prostitutes.

So, where did Phillip Girrado work during the 1990's?

And, who were the murdered women?

We know for a fact that Girrado has a connection to this place:

JM's Enterprises, 1215 Willow Pass Road, Pittsburg CA

Is that near where some bodies were found?

# Sharon Ito, News10 We're awaiting a live report from Tim Daly on the investigation into prosttitute murders and whether they're tied to Phillip Garrido.

2009-08-28 9:08 PM

I posted the below info in the discussion thread and I should have posted it here. Very disturbing news.

I.B. Nora? Do you see any live links?

This may have already been posted. I apologize if this is a duplicate. Evidently the house is being searched for evidence in unsolved homicides...particularly prostitutes.

Kidnap suspect's home searched for murder evidence
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=7698720

Hmmmm, I wonder if this case, and some others is what is being referred to?

http://journalism.berkeley.edu/projects/lisa/case.html

Who Killed Lisa Norrell?
Unsolved Murder Frustrates Police, Community
One year after the murder of young Lisa Norrell, the investigation continues
By Daniela Mohor and Ralph Gaston

Hot Link: http://journalism.berkeley.edu/projects/lisa/case.html

The Who Killed Lisa Norrell website details who some of the other victims were.
I am certain that this is the 'group' of murders they are talking about.

The Lisa Norrell murder seems like it could be a real possibility, imo.

http://www.tothecenter.com/news.php?readmore=11029

A search warrant was issued to investigate the home that Garrido and wife Nancy had been living in while Jaycee Lee Dugard lived in the backyard with her children. Authorities were searching for evidence that may link him to the slayings. Police believe he may be associated with the murders, as the remains of several prostitutes were found in 1998 and 1999 in an industrial area close to where Garrido had been working.

PITTSBURG -- Family and friends of a young girl killed ten years ago held a vigil in her honor in Pittsburg on Wednesday night. In addition to sharing memories, they said they hope that the vigil will generate new leads for investigators because her killer has never been found.

More at link.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/17969777/detail.html

I am not seeing anything in the article mentioning any possible prostitution for this girl; it looks like she was a girl who loved life.

July 18 – Prostitute Sharon Mattos's body found in field in Pittsburg.

November 12 – Prostitute Andrea Ingersoll's body found in field in Bay Point, a town near Pittsburg.

December 1998
5 –Prostitute Jessica Fredericks, 24, found dead near an auto wrecking yard in Pittsburg at 11:30 am.

January 1999
8 – Prostitute Valerie Dawn “China” Schultz, 27, found dead in an industrial area in Pittsburg.

Pulled from the timeline @ http://journalism.berkeley.edu/projects/lisa/timeline.html

More at link.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/17969777/detail.html

I am not seeing anything in the article mentioning any possible prostitution for this girl; it looks like she was a girl who loved life.

From the link another poster posted, stated that the body of the girl was found in the same area as the landscaping place then 2 months later severals prostitutes turned up in the the same area. She was not a prostitute just got mad at her friends quinceanera rehearsal and decided to walk home at around 11 p.m. at night. Isn't there a movie on this? It sounds so much like a movie a saw. Except in the movie a trucker was picking up the prostitutes and killing them. But I remember in the movie a little girl was picked up too. I don't know I watch too much lifetime!!

Nevermind I looked it up and it was probably the Green River killings movie!

This website about the Lisa Norrell murder mentions other murders around the same time in the same area.
Some of the other victims were prostitutes.

Who Killed Lisa Norrell

From the website:

"More Killings Ensue

Within two months of Lisa's murder, three more women were killed. All of the victims' bodies were discovered within miles of the industrial site where Lisa's corpse was found. Three of the victims were known prostitutes.

Twenty-four-year-old Jessica Fredericks was found on Harbor Street in Pittsburg on December 5. She died of multiple cut and stab wounds. Rachael Cruise, 32, was found on California Avenue on December 15; she died of asphyxia and manual strangulation. The coroner's report on her death suggested that her body had been dragged along the road for a short period of time. Valerie Dawn Schultz, who was found on Willow Pass Road on January 8, died of multiple stab wounds. Evidence showed that she had also been strangled. She was almost 28 years old. Another victim, 38-year-old Txxxxx Dxxxx, was found on December 15, severely beaten in a portable toilet in Bay Point, formerly called West Pittsburg. She is currently recovering from her injuries, although according to the officer in charge of her case, Detective Michael Costa of the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office, "she'll never be at full capacity again.""

She wasn't a prostitute, she was killed when she got angry and left a dance early, walking alone by herself at night.

I was referring to a previous post. I read into it as if the poster was saying Lisa was within the group of prostitutes.

Out of sheer boredom, I decided to check Greta's thingie to see if there was anything about this case:

She has this post:

August 28, 2009 10:19 PM EDT

"If you have been following one of the most disgusting stories of cruelty...here is an update (rough notes) from our producer on the ground covering the story:

PER FNC PRODUCER RON RALSTON:

It appears a large scale search is underway at the Garrido home.

SEVEN unmarked police cars just rolled up on the Garrido home.

Nearly a dozen officers went unto the property. Some were carrying bolt cutters. They opened the gate, that has been closed all day, revealing a garage full of junk at the end of the driveway.

None of the officers spoke to the press.

We are shooting what we can and will feed it in.

Crime scene van just pulled in. An investigator walked in with 2 boxes of sterile gloves and what looked like a crime scene kit."

So, that is posted at 10:19 EDT, which would have been 7:19 PDT.
I wonder if this is more of the Pittsburg Police search? Or, what?

Okay, so the tease for the local KGO TV news at 11 PM mentions an all night search going on at the Antioch home.

KGO TV:
Search going on now (Friday night) at Walnut Avenue home in Antioch.
Includes Pittsburg Police, Antioch Police, Contra Costa Sheriff, and the FBI.
Specifically has to do with the murders in the 1990s.

They interviewed a guy whose name I did not catch. He said that many times there were
fires (like campfires) and partying and groups of men in the backyard at the home.
He never reported any of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back