Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 616

Thread: PA - Toni Lee Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009 - Missing after house party

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,376

    Exclamation PA - Toni Lee Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009 - Missing after house party

    Police in West Brandywine Township, Pa. (Chester County) are looking for a woman who was last seen early Sunday morning.

    West Brandywine police are asking for the publics help in finding 29-year-old Toni Sharpless of North Field Drive. Police say the woman was last seen in the area of Gladwyne, Montgomery County on Sunday around 3am at a house party.

    She was driving her black 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, with Pennsylvania tag DND-7772.

    Sharpless is described as 5-feet-5-inches tall, with red hair and blue eyes. She weighs about 135 pounds and was last seen wearing a turquoise shirt with black tights and black sandals.

    Anyone with information on the missing woman or her car is urged to call 911 or West Brandywine Police at 610-380-8201.

    Photo at link: http://www.kyw1060.com/Brandywine--P...-Woman/5091791

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,376
    More information:
    A text message to her 12-year-old daughter is the last communication anyone had with Toni Sharpless.

    On Saturday night, the 29-year-old Sharpless and a female friend went to Ice Nightclub inside the Radisson Hotel in King of Prussia. The pair then went to G Lounge located at 17th and Chestnut Streets in Center.

    After leaving the G Lounge, Sharpless and others went to a house party in Gladwyne.

    At about 3:00 a.m. on Sunday, Sharpless sent to text message to her daughter, who was having trouble sleeping. The message did not indicate that there was anything wrong.

    However, around the same time of sending the message, Sharpless apparently had some kind of disagreement with her female friend.

    "I just know that she had left the party, according to the girl that was with her, and they got into a little tiff. She left the girl off somewhere down in that area and then she was heading home," Sharpless' mother Donna Knebel said.
    Snipped from this article- http://cbs3.com/topstories/Toni.Shar...2.1146092.html

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,772

    I guess I'm getting old...

    She sure covered alot of territory before she disappeared.

    Those two clubs, as depicted on their webpages, are almost sex clubs. Private "party" rooms etc. . IMHO, prudish as it may be, not appropriate for a young mom with responsibilities.

    She could be almost anywhere, but wherever she is, I don't think she is alive and well.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to luthersmama For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,376
    Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama View Post
    She sure covered alot of territory before she disappeared.

    Those two clubs, as depicted on their webpages, are almost sex clubs. Private "party" rooms etc. . IMHO, prudish as it may be, not appropriate for a young mom with responsibilities.

    She could be almost anywhere, but wherever she is, I don't think she is alive and well.
    I agree, she did cover a lot of territory.

    In regards to the lounges/clubs- I have a great friend in Philadelphia and I've been to G Lounge before (as weird as that is, lol) and it is NOT a sex club. It's the exact opposite. It's extremely sophisticated with awesome food and great VIP rooms. It's pretty popular among celebrity clientele. When it says private party rooms, it normally means for small get togethers with friends so you aren't mixed in with the general population of the clubgoers. For instance, when I went there we were there for my friends 25th birthday and a group of us rented one of the private VIP party rooms. It was a great night.

    The point is..G Lounge is not a sex club in any way, shape or form. I'm not sure about the other club she went to.

  8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    I agree, she did cover a lot of territory.

    In regards to the lounges/clubs- I have a great friend in Philadelphia and I've been to G Lounge before (as weird as that is, lol) and it is NOT a sex club. It's the exact opposite. It's extremely sophisticated with awesome food and great VIP rooms. It's pretty popular among celebrity clientele. When it says private party rooms, it normally means for small get togethers with friends so you aren't mixed in with the general population of the clubgoers. For instance, when I went there we were there for my friends 25th birthday and a group of us rented one of the private VIP party rooms. It was a great night.

    The point is..G Lounge is not a sex club in any way, shape or form. I'm not sure about the other club she went to.

    Ok. I'll take your word for it. Fat old lady like me wouldn't even be let in...LOL. Sure looks like she was hunting for something that night. I wonder if these clubs were places she had been before or was this a new adventure? I wish they would say what she and her friend fought about. Did someone want to go home and someone want to do something else? Was there an issue about who should be driving?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to luthersmama For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,772
    This bit says her last call was from the Expressway:

    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news.../55629662.html

    That suggests, but doesn't prove, that she was headed home. There would be very few clubs open that late and no bars. She was either headed for home or some other place to sleep, I think.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to luthersmama For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,376
    Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama View Post
    This bit says her last call was from the Expressway:

    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news.../55629662.html

    That suggests, but doesn't prove, that she was headed home. There would be very few clubs open that late and no bars. She was either headed for home or some other place to sleep, I think.
    I agree. Either that, or she was heading to another house party. In my opinion though, she was heading home and that's most likely why she was text messaging her daughter.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Who get's out and walks the Schuylkill Expressway at 3am?
    I'm a 6'2", 280lb guy and I certainly wouldn't.
    I know it doesn't say specifically that she got out on the expressway, but that's what I took it to mean. If that's what the girl says happened, I don't buy it for a second.

    I've got to take a closer look at the reports, I am sure I am missing a lot and getting things confused as i am half asleep here.

    ETA - It says that she messaged her daughter around 3am from the expressway, and that around that same time she had a fight with her friend and the friend got out and walked. I need to find out where her friend was now supposedly walking to.
    Last edited by A_Closer_Look; 08-29-2009 at 01:33 AM.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A_Closer_Look For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,772
    The news reports are inconsistent and sloppy, as usual. If you read them all, then think about it, the logical result is this:

    They left the house party

    Toni was last SEEN on City Line Avenue. That is probably where the friend got out of the car. That would not be an unreasonable place for her to tell Toni to pull over - I'm out of here. Especially if she wanted to go back to the house party. Easy to get a cab on City Line. Or maybe she wanted to get a room at whatever that fancy hotel is there now. (Another Radisson? Can't remember...)

    Just a couple minutes later, Toni sends a message to her daughter from the Expressway. I don't approve of texting while driving, but people do it all the time. If the friend left the car right before the interchange with the Expressway, the passage of time would have been just a minute or two. Toni also could have typed the text while pulled over to let the friend out, then hit the send button after she got moving again.

    OR the tower that picked up the call can't tell precisely whether she was physically on the Expressway or City Line if she was right near the interchange. Maybe she sent the message while pulled over and the signal looks like it is from the Expressway.

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to luthersmama For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,772
    If she got on the Turnpike at Valley Forge and got off at Downingtown and took "the back roads" from there to her home, there are any number of nasty curves and steep wooded embankments that could have been a problem. I hope her friends and family have checked.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luthersmama For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama View Post
    The news reports are inconsistent and sloppy, as usual. If you read them all, then think about it, the logical result is this:

    They left the house party

    Toni was last SEEN on City Line Avenue. That is probably where the friend got out of the car. That would not be an unreasonable place for her to tell Toni to pull over - I'm out of here. Especially if she wanted to go back to the house party. Easy to get a cab on City Line. Or maybe she wanted to get a room at whatever that fancy hotel is there now. (Another Radisson? Can't remember...)

    Just a couple minutes later, Toni sends a message to her daughter from the Expressway. I don't approve of texting while driving, but people do it all the time. If the friend left the car right before the interchange with the Expressway, the passage of time would have been just a minute or two. Toni also could have typed the text while pulled over to let the friend out, then hit the send button after she got moving again.

    OR the tower that picked up the call can't tell precisely whether she was physically on the Expressway or City Line if she was right near the interchange. Maybe she sent the message while pulled over and the signal looks like it is from the Expressway.
    Thank you. This I could see. I'd get out on City Line, but not the expressway.
    Still catching up on the reports.

  22. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama View Post
    If she got on the Turnpike at Valley Forge and got off at Downingtown and took "the back roads" from there to her home, there are any number of nasty curves and steep wooded embankments that could have been a problem. I hope her friends and family have checked.
    Yes, there's some scary driving back there when you are tired.

  23. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Closer_Look View Post
    Yes, there's some scary driving back there when you are tired.
    It can be scary any time. I was taking that route in the late afternoon, just after a rainstorm when the sun was out brightly. Even with my polarized sunglasses on, the glare made it impossible for me to see things until I was right on top of them - like some kids on a one-lane bridge over the Brandywine and a light-colored car coming in the opposite direction.

    Practically cowpaths in places. But a significant shortcut from the Turnpike to her home.

  24. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    152

    PA-Toni Lee Sharpless, missing from Gladwyn, 8/23/09

    Toni Lee Sharpless, 29. Reported missing after attending a "house party" with a female friend and getting in her vehicle to go home. She's a nurse and the mother of a 12 year old daughter.
    The article below has more information and a picture. If there is another thread on here, I apolgize. I did a quick look but didn't see anything.


    http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/241548

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to SoccerMom For This Useful Post:

    Kat

  26. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,772
    I actually cruised some of the parking lots of the corporate center near the Turnpike Interchange that I think she may have intended to use. Saw lots of places where a car could disappear into the underbrush, but there was no evidence of that, like tire tracks, or turf marks.

    Been thinking about her all day.

    My latest, saddest theory: something went bad at the "house party" or shortly after it. The "friend" is not telling the whole truth. Toni is in the trunk of her car in a part of Philadelphia (very near where she was last seen) where the locals don't want to snitch and won't say a peep about an abandoned car unless they believe a reward might be available. I'm afraid the people she met at G Lounge seemed like nice people, but at the house party one or more of them got predatory.

    I suspect that this is the angle the police are following, and that we will not hear anything new until her car and body are found.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to luthersmama For This Useful Post:


  28. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,240
    Some additional info for Toni Lee.

    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/55...cmpid=15585797
    Thu, Aug. 27, 2009

    ...After Sharpless drove away from the party with a friend around 3 a.m., they argued about whether Sharpless was in good enough condition to drive...

    ...The friend got out of the car a block or two from the party...

    ...a text message to Sharpless' 12-year-old daughter might be the last communication anyone had with her...

    ...She drove a black 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, with a Pennsylvania license plate, DND-7772.

    She was last seen wearing a turquoise shirt with black tights and black sandals. The red-haired, blue-eyed Sharpless is 5-foot-5 and weighs about 135 pounds.

    Friends and family haven't heard from her, and she hasn't shown up at her job...
    Pictures of Toni Lee: I don't know which hairstyle is current.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  30. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,772
    Bump.

    I haven't heard anything new all weekend.

    There are some interesting comments on some news sites, but nothing concrete. I suspect that the police are focusing on the area where she vanished and the circumstances surrounding the "house party". I hope there is some fresh info tomorrow.

    I fear that things are not looking good. It is fortunate that her daughter has good grandparents and aunts and cousins.

  31. #18
    jnTexas's Avatar
    jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Splendora, Texas
    Posts
    3,408
    driving home at 3am from a house party. she is most likely intoxicated. Wonder if she drove off the road and crashed while texting?

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jnTexas For This Useful Post:


  33. #19
    jnTexas's Avatar
    jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Splendora, Texas
    Posts
    3,408
    http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/241548

    Sharpless left the party with a female friend, then the two got into an argument over whether Sharpless was sober enough to drive, police said

  34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jnTexas For This Useful Post:


  35. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster Co. Pa.
    Posts
    1,011
    Anyone know if the police have trying following her cell phone pings to find her? Is her phone still on, if not I would think something shady is going on.

  36. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,153
    Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post
    http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/241548

    Sharpless left the party with a female friend, then the two got into an argument over whether Sharpless was sober enough to drive, police said
    okay...

    so either the female friend is lying and did it... or something else out of the box (rare) happened.

    I think this hinges on the friend and what she may be hiding in her statements to LE

    drunk and happy friends don't argue and kill one another... fighting friends could... but fighting for any reason OTHER than who drives who home after a night of pounding alcoholic imbibements. moo
    This bee my opinion

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:


  38. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster Co. Pa.
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    okay...

    so either the female friend is lying and did it... or something else out of the box (rare) happened.

    I think this hinges on the friend and what she may be hiding in her statements to LE

    drunk and happy friends don't argue and kill one another... fighting friends could... but fighting for any reason OTHER than who drives who home after a night of pounding alcoholic imbibements. moo

    You said that so perfect, LOL and I so agree.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieR For This Useful Post:


  40. #23
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    152
    Thank you Kat!
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 08-31-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: not information or family support

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to SoccerMom For This Useful Post:

    Kat

  42. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,376
    There's also another thread about Toni here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88268"]PA- Toni Lee Sharpless, 29, missing after house party 8/23/09 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

    Kat

  44. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieR View Post
    Anyone know if the police have trying following her cell phone pings to find her? Is her phone still on, if not I would think something shady is going on.

    The phone hasn't sent or received calls since the last text to her daughter. They believe the battery is dead or removed from the phone.

  45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luthersmama For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Match! LAMBERT, Toni Marie Age: 43 / DOB: | Also Known As: Renee Lee Goutier
    By raine1212 in forum Matches & Resolved
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 12:01 PM
  2. Replies: 108
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 08:47 PM
  3. Schedule a Ramsey Party at Your house
    By Nedthan Johns in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 05:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •