Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: PA - Toni Lee Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009 - Missing after house party

Did anyone ever look "really close" at the person hosting the party and/or the other people there? I know that's where I'd start.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Budweiser View Post
    Toni did not text her daughter AFTER the leaving the party.

If Toni did not text her daughter then people need to get their stuff straight. In addition, there's no need for capitalization. I can read without and I'm sure many other people can too.
    My father was recently murdered. Dad, miss you and love you. May your killer be brought to justice.

"Nobody's ever completely given peace a chance before, Ghandi tried it, Martin Luther King tried it, and they were shot...". - John Lennon

Toni did not text her daughter AFTER the leaving the party.
    "A text message sent to her daughter at 2:57 a.m. is the last anyone heard from her."

http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2...ewmode=default
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    "A text message sent to her daughter at 2:57 a.m. is the last anyone heard from her."

She left the party at around 5 AM. She texted her daughter after the nightclubbing, but not after the party.
    "Nobody's ever completely given peace a chance before, Ghandi tried it, Martin Luther King tried it, and they were shot...". - John Lennon

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

I still do not understand why this case has not gotten more attention.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cindyc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xLiqoricex View Post
    If Toni did not text her daughter then people need to get their stuff straight. In addition, there's no need for capitalization. I can read without and I'm sure many other people can too.
    What "stuff" are you referring to? This thread has very clear details of Toni's activity and timeline from that night/early morning. I only capitalized "after" to point out that she did text her daughter, but it was well before she left the party. I apologize if I offended you.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missing Budweiser For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post

That article is incorrect. This was discussed in detail earlier in the thread. I believe the paper should have said that it was her last contact with family or anyone beside who she was partying with.

Thanks, elmomom. Just saw your post.
    Last edited by Missing Budweiser; 08-23-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyc View Post
    I still do not understand why this case has not gotten more attention.
    The case was covered nationally on the show "Disappeared", but the lack of local coverage, especially at the two year mark, is troubling. I am local and haven't seen much of anything besides the new article linked above(there is also one on Philly.com). I was in contact with the private investigator, Eileen Law, earlier in the year. She was trying to get Toni coverage on Nancy Grace. They were doing shows on missing people, but the show never featured Toni.
    Last edited by Missing Budweiser; 08-23-2011 at 08:23 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Missing Budweiser For This Useful Post:

That was one of the first articles and incorrect. This was discussed in detail earlier in the thread. I believe the paper should have said that it was her last contact with family or anyone beside who she was partying with.

Thanks, elmomom. Just saw your post.
    The DLN is my local paper. It is so poorly written that it is painful to read at times.

I live like three hours from Phily and 4 from Jersey. It's sad that I haven't even heard anything about this girl yet. No one seems to talk about it or they just don't know.
    My father was recently murdered. Dad, miss you and love you. May your killer be brought to justice.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to xLiqoricex For This Useful Post:

Still missing

http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...L-MISSING.html

Originally Published Oct 09, 2011 00:21
    By JACK BRUBAKER
    Staff Writer

On the evening of Aug. 22, 2009, Toni Lee Sharpless, a 29-year-old nurse at Lancaster General Hospital, attended a party in suburban Philadelphia.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Very interesting article, summer_breeze. I would be shocked if Toni is still alive, but I get goose bumps thinking about her being found. I have been in contact with Eileen Law a few times over the last two years. I may reach out to her about the possible Camden sightings. I am curious if she has done any searches of the area. I was involved with the search for Jenna Lord(found deceased) and it is a rough place to say the least.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Missing Budweiser For This Useful Post:

Watched the rerun of "Disappeared" earlier today. Can't believe it's almost been three years! I can't imagine what her family has been through. I am going to send an email to Eileen Law tonight too see if there has been anything new in the investigation.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Missing Budweiser For This Useful Post:

I did email Eileen Law. She reinteriated that she works on the case daily, but doesn't know if Toni is still alive or not. She said that she has not been informed of any recent sightings, but anytime the "Disappeared" episode airs she gets calls. The callers usually claim to have seen Toni, but it is always like 3 months to a year prior. Hopefully this case gets some additional coverage this coming month because of the three year anniversary of Toni's disappearance.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Missing Budweiser For This Useful Post:

Three years today...

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Missing Budweiser For This Useful Post:

Woman kidnapped in Camden ..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186220"]NY NY - Lisa Fago, 24, Camden, 24 Sept 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Last edited by JaimeSommers; 09-30-2012 at 01:39 PM.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaimeSommers For This Useful Post:

I wish they would have found her by now. I live near where she is from. Went to school with her at one time. After watching the disappeared show I don't believe she left the party. I think something happened at the party and then someone dropped her car where they knew a chop shop would get it.
    This is only my opinion. Hopefully I posted correctly as this is my first post here.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kinpa4 For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Looks fine and welcome to Websleuths, Kinpa4.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeSommers View Post
    Anything's possible, but I believe her friend, Crystal. I witnessed her behavior during the search of the river, and believe that she came very credible on the show. She also has passed a polygraph and and been cleared by police.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Missing Budweiser For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    I'm not sure whether this article has been posted here before: http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...L-MISSING.html
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Anonymous letter claims cop killed Chesco woman missing since '09

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/lo...since__09.html

JASON NARK, Daily News Staff Writer| narkj@phillynews.com, 215-854-5916
    POSTED: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 3:01 AM

SHE SPED OFF into the darkness more than three years ago from the home of a Philadelphia 76er, drunk, angry and alone, and only those closest to Toni Lee Sharpless believe she'll ever be seen again.

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Summer Breeze, you are quick. I only just got my newspaper and somehow I knew you'd probably already posted.

Very interesting and well written piece.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...186322202.html

the letter had the right VIN number
    This bee my opinion

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    (((I knew summer would beat me to this too hahahahaha)))
    This bee my opinion

45. The Following User Says Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast