Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: PA - Toni Lee Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009 - Missing after house party

I won't link to the blog site but will say Steph just posted that the divers are suited up and about to enter the water. The rain has let up and friends of Toni's are there awaiting news. There are two "objects" in the water the divers will be looking at, possibly one or two vehicles.

Update: Three cars have been located in the river but none appear to be Toni's. There may be up to three more cars yet to be examined.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Got to love Tim, they are diving today even in this horrible weather. Sending prayers for the family and friends.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JulieR For This Useful Post:

On Charley's Project I found these people missing along with their vehicles from Philadelphia, one from Upper Darby.

John Thistlewood missing Sept. 1992 along with his white, 2 door, 1992 Ford Expo.

Joseph Sireci missing May 1983 along with his 1972 Mercury Montego.

Shelly Diane Lutz, (she was from Upper Darby) missing Aug 1982 along with her uncles mint green, Chevrolet Impala.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JulieR For This Useful Post:

The wait must be excruciating for her family and friends this morning. Bless Tim and his divers for not allowing the weather to stand in the way of such a discovery. That takes dedication and a lot of guts.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Starting to think this is a stolen car dump.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieR For This Useful Post:

Interesting that none of the friends that were with Toni at the party are among the friends huddled in the cold rain today awaiting any news of Toni's car.

Update: 4 cars confirmed and 2 more to be identified.
    Last edited by TexasLil; 09-11-2009 at 10:25 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JulieR View Post
    Starting to think this is a stolen car dump.
    Seriously. Maybe the police should do a yearly "River sweep" down there. I wonder how many stolen vehicles/missing persons cases could be solved.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celt1997 For This Useful Post:

Hmmm...sure sounds like something is going on there.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

They may find 100 cars down there. I don't think Tim realizes this is the most disgusting river in the northeast and aside from bodies being recovered on a normal basis there is always dumping going on there.

Hopefully this will uncover some mysteries though.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AJMorgan For This Useful Post:

Nothing to add but my undying appreciation and utmost respect for Tim Miller.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Nothing to add but my undying appreciation and utmost respect for Tim Miller.
    I second that Kat!!!!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Steph reported search is over until next Thursday when LE will bring a crane to pull the already identified vehicles from the water (not Toni's). At that time divers will go back in the water to look for more vehicles. If you havent't already read Steph's update I encourage you to do so. It's very sad.

BTW Steph did say Crystal finally showed up at the search.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

I drove by the search site a few hours ago and I have never had the chills that badly. The hair on the back of my neck stood straight. I didn't see too many people but did notice a group of young women who I assume are her coworkers. I had my son with me so I couldn't stop. I pray they find her soon.

My thoughts and prayers with her family and God Bless Tim Miller and all of the volunteers!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KDB For This Useful Post:

I suppose there is no word on make or model of any of the vehicles. Although I highly doubt they're connected to any other open cases it wouldn't hurt to at least pretend like you're trying to connect the dots.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AJMorgan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Celt1997 View Post
    Seriously. Maybe the police should do a yearly "River sweep" down there. I wonder how many stolen vehicles/missing persons cases could be solved.
    I think it should be mandatory to do it at least once a year. They should also take some preventative measures along the roadway to prevent cars easily going into the river, too. If you have six plus cars in a particular area...seems to me they need to cut off the dumping grounds.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KDB View Post
    I drove by the search site a few hours ago and I have never had the chills that badly. The hair on the back of my neck stood straight. I didn't see too many people but did notice a group of young women who I assume are her coworkers. I had my son with me so I couldn't stop. I pray they find her soon.

My thoughts and prayers with her family and God Bless Tim Miller and all of the volunteers!
    KDB, did you happen to notice if they had any cars pulled out of the water? Steph made it sound like they pulled them out but were going to have to go back with a crane next week to remove them. Some here are wondering the makes of the other cars and whether they match any other cases. TIA

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

I went by around 10:00. The parking lot has 2 entrances. The first had barracades and the second was open. Driving past the parking lot seemed pretty crowded with cars but besides the small group of girls, I did not notice any other people except a police officer by the mobile unit. I saw the ramp (pictured in the blog) but there was no boat in the water there or to the west that I could see and I did not see that any cars had been pulled out.

When my son wakes up, I may try and stop back over to see if there is still any activity. I will also make the effort to go next week when the crane is there. Maybe I can get my hubby to take off and watch my son so I can actually get out and observe.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KDB For This Useful Post:

I went by around 10:00. The parking lot has 2 entrances. The first had barracades and the second was open. Driving past the parking lot seemed pretty crowded with cars but besides the small group of girls, I did not notice any other people except a police officer by the mobile unit. I saw the ramp (pictured in the blog) but there was no boat in the water there or to the west that I could see and I did not see that any cars had been pulled out.

When my son wakes up, I may try and stop back over to see if there is still any activity. I will also make the effort to go next week when the crane is there. Maybe I can get my hubby to take off and watch my son so I can actually get out and observe.
    Thanks for the info. Steph made it sound like everyone is gone now so hopefully it will be less crowded if you get a chance to go back. I'm also curious what part of the river they were searching. Was it the area near Hollow Rd?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Yes, Hollow Road intersects with River Road. Make a left onto River Road and the parking loat, boat launch is maybe 200 feet on the right. I tried to make a Google map to pinpoint but it's not working for me at the moment.

ETA: That's where the launch was from so they would have been searching on the water right around the bottom of Hollow Road.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KDB For This Useful Post:

Yes, Hollow Road intersects with River Road. Make a left onto River Road and the parking loat, boat launch is maybe 200 feet on the right. I tried to make a Google map to pinpoint but it's not working for me at the moment.

ETA: That's where the launch was from so they would have been searching on the water right around the bottom of Hollow Road.
    Thanks again KDB. Based on your feedback I've marked both the boat ramp as well as the water search area on this map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...54846&t=h&z=14

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLil View Post
    Thanks again KDB. Based on your feedback I've marked both the boat ramp as well as the water search area on this map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...54846&t=h&z=14
    Yep, that's exactly the spot!

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KDB For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know Crystal's age? Was looking at some court records online tonight for some of the players.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLil View Post
    Does anyone know Crystal's age? Was looking at some court records online tonight for some of the players.
    I think she is the one whose birthdate is 8/7/1981. Two priors. Toni also has a prior dui.
    Last edited by luthersmama; 09-11-2009 at 09:47 PM.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luthersmama For This Useful Post:

I can't believe they will not come back until NEXT Thursday! What a crock! If I was a diver I'd be down there tonight volunteering. Who knows the kind of mysteries these cars could unravel even aside from finding Toni.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJMorgan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AJMorgan View Post
    I can't believe they will not come back until NEXT Thursday! What a crock! If I was a diver I'd be down there tonight volunteering. Who knows the kind of mysteries these cars could unravel even aside from finding Toni.
    I understand it might take that long to get a crane on site to remove the vehicles they've already located. However I don't understand why Tim and the divers can't continue looking at other vehicles that have yet to be identified. Tim is there all the way from Texas and the sonar guy from IL. Why not continue without the crane???

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast