DJ AM dies

RIP Adam. I wonder if he ever fully recovered physically and emotionally from the accident?

IIRC, he still had a lawsuit going on against the airline owner.

He was in the tabloids a lot when he was dating Nicole Ritchie and then I think he dated Mandy Moore.

I wonder if he had been taking painkillers due to the injuries sustained in the plane crash and overdosed or something?

Sources tell TMZ DJ AM had not been seen or heard from him for a few days. This morning, one of his friends went to check on him, but got no response when after knocking on his apartment door.

We're told the friend called the police, who broke down the door and found DJ AM's body.

Back in September of 2008, DJ AM and Travis Barker were in a plane crash in South Carolina. Four people died in the crash -- DJ AM and Barker were the only survivors.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0PWTgDAI0

0828_dj_am_ex.jpg

DJ AM

Wow! When I saw the thread title I had to re-read it twice! To survive a plane crash then to die alone like this in his apartment. I always though he and Nicole made such a cute couple..RIP DJ..If there's a Rock and Roll Heaven, Well you know they've got a heck of a band!!

I wonder if he had been taking painkillers due to the injuries sustained in the plane crash and overdosed or something?

I think it will turn out to be something like this, sadly.

I didn't really know that much about him because I don't follow that sort of entertainment, but it really is tragic for him to survive that horrendous crash only to die almost a year later all alone.

It's always so bad to hear that someone went for days without anyone noticing they were dead.

I had posted on another forum, earlier this month one of Japan's most celebrated actresses of the 60's and 70's, often considered one of their most beautiful actresses from those decades... Reiko Ohara, died alone and went unnoticed for over two weeks. This should not happen, especially to celebrities (no matter the age) because you would think that they would have some sort of staff. Even if it's just a PR agent or manager. You'd still think it couldn't happen to one of them.

It shouldn't happen this way to any human being. No one deserves to die alone.

From Perez Hilton:

http://perezhilton.com/2009-08-28-rip-301

(snip)
We truly are so incredibly sad right now. Adam was a friend and even spun at our birthday party two years ago.
The only thing we can think of is that his traumatic plane crash scarred him worse than anyone knew.
So sad.
Update #2: On August 25th, in what would now be his last public communication, DJ AM wrote on his Twitter, "New york, new york. Big city of dreams, but everything in new york aint always what it seems."

I think it will turn out to be something like this, sadly.

I didn't really know that much about him because I don't follow that sort of entertainment, but it really is tragic for him to survive that horrendous crash only to die almost a year later all alone.

It's always so bad to hear that someone went for days without anyone noticing they were dead.

I had posted on another forum, earlier this month one of Japan's most celebrated actresses of the 60's and 70's, often considered one of their most beautiful actresses from those decades... Reiko Ohara, died alone and went unnoticed for over two weeks. This should not happen, especially to celebrities (no matter the age) because you would think that they would have some sort of staff. Even if it's just a PR agent or manager. You'd still think it couldn't happen to one of them.

It shouldn't happen this way to any human being. No one deserves to die alone.

BBM. That is so awful!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back