Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is not Nancy Grace covering the story?

Why is not Nancy Grace covering the story?

They are just reporting "lie diector tests" from Haleigh's disapperance and the story on the model's murder

This case is very important..
    They didnt covered it last night's show too

Whats the deal?????

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Steven30CA For This Useful Post:

Her staff isn't done reading all of the websleuths posts. (just kidding, er, sort of)

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Brassband For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brassband View Post
    Her staff isn't done reading all of the websleuths posts. (just kidding, er, sort of)

lol good point!! hehehe

-
    the mother lives about 20 mins from me in riiverside.. i live in Redlands in So CA

I'm glad Jaycee was found...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven30CA For This Useful Post:

I'm hoping that NG's staff are working this case and combing every bit of information that is available. Since NG is not on tonight and will be back on Monday - again I'm hoping come Monday night she covers this case for the whole hour. They maybe want to get ALL the information gathered (plus any events that happen over the weekend).

We'll have to just wait and see.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SWAG1959 View Post
    I'm hoping that NG's staff are working this case and combing every bit of information that is available. Since NG is not on tonight and will be back on Monday - again I'm hoping come Monday night she covers this case for the whole hour. They maybe want to get ALL the information gathered (plus any events that happen over the weekend).

We'll have to just wait and see.
    IMO she won't cover it as there is a happy ending.
    Also I am wondering why she isn't giving new info on Tracy Ocasio?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bathbuddys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brassband View Post
    I've been disgusted with Nancy's show for a long time. I don't know how many people she has doing research for her, but they certainly don't do a very good job. Her reporting always seems to be way behind what we've figured out here on WS.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lorraining For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bathbuddys View Post
    i agree. no endorsements for a happy ending.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jadejazzkayla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bathbuddys View Post

You gotta goood point..

This is a major story of the week and the year.. i know most of news networks are covering Senator Kennedy's passing/ funeral.. As come Monday most of shows like Greta will be discussing this case..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Steven30CA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steven30CA View Post
    lol good point!! hehehe

-
    the mother lives about 20 mins from me in riiverside.. i live in Redlands in So CA

I'm glad Jaycee was found...
    Hi Neighbor...I'm glad she was found too!!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DollyPardonMe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lorraining View Post
    I've been disgusted with Nancy's show for a long time. I don't know how many people she has doing research for her, but they certainly don't do a very good job. Her reporting always seems to be way behind what we've figured out here on WS.
    I agree. Her show turned into a promotion of herself and her opinions. It's all about her. I completely stopped watching her some time back when she had Elizabeth Smart on and NG disrespectfully persisted in asking her questions about her experiences during her capture despite Elizabeth's understandable request not to talk about that (she was invited to talk about her bill that had passed). Elizabeth was clearly upset with Nancy and her father politely finished the interview. I doubt that they will ever appear on NG again.
    There are plenty of other shows that cover the cause of missing persons.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypros For This Useful Post:

Mike Brooks was all over it last night. Love it when he subs, I wish he had his own show.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to skippi For This Useful Post:

I don't know "why" NG is not reporting. Obviously, that is a "fact" that is unknown and not an "opinion." I sincerely hope there is no in depth reporting beyond what the Sheriff's Office public relations staff releases because this story has no "happy ending." The effects of the trauma to the kidnapped victim and the victims created in that backyard will be lifelong. They and their families are very very fragile people right now and will be into the future. A decent society would owe a huge obligation to enforce that needed privacy from the paparrazi; even the so-called mainstream media "news" shows like NG.

There is information that the victim hasn't grown physically taller since she was kidnapped. It is possible the psychosocial trauma was so severe that this is the cause of her failure to grow. http://www.ajronline.org/cgi/reprint/131/3/477.pdf (This link is to an article by professional experts on the effect of psychosocial trauma arresting physical growth.)
    That is just the beginning of the effects of this horrific crime that lasted more than 18 years on a daily basis. The victims here (including the direct victims and the extended family) will never be able to "fully recover." Further media intrusions so their story can profit the media and appease some fascination with horror of the viewing audience could well exacerbate the ongoing effects of this trauma.

Therefore, in my humble opinion, I hope the media has no further contact whatsoever with the family except to tell the public where to send donations to a squeaky clean, reputable and professional trustee.
    Last edited by Themis; 08-29-2009 at 01:41 PM.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Themis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    There is information that the victim hasn't grown physically taller since she was kidnapped.
    Where is this information coming from? An article? An opinion? An interview? Link please.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:

I think I know why NG is not covering this one.
    The perps are already in jail, and there will be nobody she can tell off, dismiss, berate......you get the picture.
    (unless she wants to get the police department that did not handle this in 2006 a lot better - she has nobody to put down)
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

As with Elizabeth Smart her father made some statement much later on and then a year later or so...Elizabeth was interviewed and only asked a few questions (certain questions were off limit).
    I am sure when the time is right and I hope it is some time away from now.
    Jaycee will also be interviewed. I do hope her children will be kept out of the media for eternity.Because they are just kids and they need to be able to have some friends.
    I pray the family will move away and nobody will know where they are.
    Let them find peace, and joy.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Where is this information coming from? An article? An opinion? An interview? Link please.
    A news reporter's story about comments Jaycee's mother made. It wasn't internet and I haven't seen a single minute of television since this story broke, so it had to be radio -- on my commute drive. I flip stations by a button on my steering wheel while driving so I don't recall the station. The mother said, Jaycee hadn't physically grown much. She was not much taller than when she was taken. Her face still looks very much like when she did the day she was kidnapped. She refers to her 11 and 14 year old daughters as "babies." Her socialization and language were the same as the day she was taken.

ETA: Oh, I just thought of something -- on the internet are video clips from television, but I don't recall it being in one of those clips. My impression from my memory is it was radio.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Themis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by skippi View Post
    Mike Brooks was all over it last night. Love it when he subs, I wish he had his own show.
    ITA..Mike is much more soothing to my ears and is not self promoting.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiect For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jamiect View Post
    ITA..Mike is much more soothing to my ears and is not self promoting.
    I like Mike Brooks too. I love it when he subs for NG. I stopped watching her since it has become a commercial for her BOOK! My favorite show is HLN. Mike Galanos is probably the most informative, compassionate of all of them.
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

36. The Following User Says Thank You to DollyPardonMe For This Useful Post:

Mike Brooks didn't covered the story on last night's show.. they just discussed the case in florida and the murdered model in CA

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Steven30CA For This Useful Post:

Thank goodness she isn't. I've always felt she turned her own tragedy into a sensationalist news show. I feel sorry for her awful tragedy, but I don't like how one-sided she usually is.

In this case, I would expect her to get a rep from the FBI and local police and harp on them and their ineffiicient efforts, even though who she's interviewing just became cops a year ago.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locrian For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Locrian View Post
    Thank goodness she isn't. I've always felt she turned her own tragedy into a sensationalist news show. I feel sorry for her awful tragedy, but I don't like how one-sided she usually is.

In this case, I would expect her to get a rep from the FBI and local police and harp on them and their ineffiicient efforts, even though who she's interviewing just became cops a year ago.
    YES! It is getting worse than Jerry Springer and other shows that I won't name.... yikes!

I just don't have time to watch TRASH! and someone that does make FACTS a requirement to report. So many people rely on only her show for facts in these cases and they aren't getting any....

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bathbuddys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steven30CA View Post
    Mike Brooks didn't covered the story on last night's show.. they just discussed the case in florida and the murdered model in CA
    You're right.. It was HLN.. my bad.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to skippi For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    A news reporter's story about comments Jaycee's mother made. It wasn't internet and I haven't seen a single minute of television since this story broke, so it had to be radio -- on my commute drive. I flip stations by a button on my steering wheel while driving so I don't recall the station. The mother said, Jaycee hadn't physically grown much. She was not much taller than when she was taken. Her face still looks very much like when she did the day she was kidnapped. She refers to her 11 and 14 year old daughters as "babies." Her socialization and language were the same as the day she was taken.

ETA: Oh, I just thought of something -- on the internet are video clips from television, but I don't recall it being in one of those clips. My impression from my memory is it was radio.
    I heard it in the stepfather's interview... he said that she wasn't any different looking than the day she vanished.... (was a webcast)
    This bee my opinion

46. The Following User Says Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

most of you were right about Nancy GrACE.. shes not covering the case at all.. I guess because there was a happy ending..

I heard the same thing about her height on the radio, I think the Jon and Ken Show down here in Orange County. They had the step-dad on for an interview.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast