Patricia Garrido

Peoplefinders has her listed as "Patricia Lucille Franzen" rather than "Patricia Garrido"

Phillip Garrido's mum thought Jaycee was his daughter

But frail Patricia Garrido, 88, says she had no idea what was going on – because beast Garrido brainwashed her into thinking Jaycee was his daughter by a former lover.

And when Garrido, 58, fathered two daughters with abducted Jaycee, he conned Patricia into thinking they too were from a previous relationship.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ught-jaycee-was-his-daughter-115875-21650599/

This has been bothering me.

Phillip moved in with his mother Patricia at the Walnut Street address after he was released from the halfway house in Oakland (November/December 1988). Since he married Nancy while in prison, I assume that she also moved in at the same time.

In 1991, he and Nancy take a trip to Lake Tahoe and return with an eleven year old girl. Although the above article does not specific state this, a post above says that Garrido explained to his mother that this girl (Jaycee, who he called Allisa) was his daughter from a previous relationship.

Do you see where I am going with this? 1991 minus eleven years minus nine months of pregnancy means that his so-called daughter would have had to have been conceived in approximately 1979/1980. Garrido was in prison from 1976 until 1988!

This cover story is so patently ridiculous that it raises the question: How much did Patricia Garrido know and how much should she have known? And even if she was so math defecient that she did not recognize the inconsistency of Phillip's story, how did she rationalize away: (1) Why did Garrido's eleven year old "daughter" not attend school?, and (2) If the "daughter" never left the property, how did she become pregnant - once in 1995 and once in 1999?

I know that she currently has dementia and has been so afflicated for approximately the last eight years, but that does not explain her actions between 1991 and 2001. If the above details are correct, then this woman was an accomplaice just like Nancy. And if she quietly sat by when Garrido perpetrated his horrors on Jaycee, what other horrors did she allow on her property before 1991?

The mother apparently also didn't notice that the "smiling girl" was pregnant twice at a very young age, and new "daughters from previous relationships" suddenly appeared out of the blue either. Nor did she think it was odd that these children (including the babies!!) were living in the back yard. :waitasec:

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that she didnt know what was going on. IMO the only reason she isnt in prison along with the other two is her advanced age, medical condition and convienent dementia.

The mother apparently also didn't notice that the "smiling girl" was pregnant twice at a very young age, and new "daughters from previous relationships" suddenly appeared out of the blue either. Nor did she think it was odd that these children (including the babies!!) were living in the back yard. :waitasec:

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that she didnt know what was going on. IMO the only reason she isnt in prison along with the other two is her advanced age, medical condition and convienent dementia.

She is 88. For someone that age, dementia doesn't surprise me.

... Nor did she think it was odd that these children (including the babies!!) were living in the back yard. :waitasec:...

Excellent point that I had not considered.

No, this woman appears to have been up to her arse in these crimes - at least, by her silent acceptance of Phillip's senseless cover stories and, possibly, as an active participant.

In the interview where she stated everything about Jaycee and the girls, she didn't sound like most dementia patients who can't remember details about stories, dates etc. in any detail at all. Not saying that at 88 she is not prone to forgetfullness, some confusion or bad health, but does not sound at all like a typical dementia or alzheimers patient.

Just another twist in an already unsavory situation.

In the interview where she stated everything about Jaycee and the girls, she didn't sound like most dementia patients who can't remember details about stories, dates etc. in any detail at all. Not saying that at 88 she is not prone to forgetfullness, some confusion or bad health, but does not sound at all like a typical dementia or alzheimers patient.

Just another twist in an already unsavory situation.

I don't know. My great-aunt, who has Alzheimer's, could remember certain things about the past with astonishing clarity . . . the present, even 5 minutes ago, was not at all clear. Sometimes it's not a constant thing.

As I've stated before on this forum, it could be that the mother had early onset Alzheimer's. We'll see. It's obvious that Garrido was extremely manipulative, and it may be that she was as much a captive as the girls.

It's hard to imagine that someone who had put care into her home - - the furnishings and drapes are quite nice - - would let her son get it so run down and squalid. As someone suggested, that in itself is evidence of elder abuse.

One particular detail is intriguing - - - he, unlike so many other abusers of seniors, did not get her to put the house in his name!

If Patricia Garrido DID know what was going on, that adds to the horror . . . but what do we know about her as a mother . . . not that I'd EVER make excuses for Phillip Garrido

I don't know. My great-aunt, who has Alzheimer's, could remember certain things about the past with astonishing clarity . . . the present, even 5 minutes ago, was not at all clear. Sometimes it's not a constant thing.

As I've stated before on this forum, it could be that the mother had early onset Alzheimer's. We'll see. It's obvious that Garrido was extremely manipulative, and it may be that she was as much a captive as the girls.

It's hard to imagine that someone who had put care into her home - - the furnishings and drapes are quite nice - - would let her son get it so run down and squalid. As someone suggested, that in itself is evidence of elder abuse.

One particular detail is intriguing - - - he, unlike so many other abusers of seniors, did not get her to put the house in his name!

If Patricia Garrido DID know what was going on, that adds to the horror . . . but what do we know about her as a mother . . . not that I'd EVER make excuses for Phillip Garrido

This is true, that the confusion/forgetfulness can "come and go", however if she has alzheimers as has been stated in several articles, or dementia that is bad enough that she requires a caregiver (in CA the application to provide care and be paid to care for a family member), that application must be approved by a Doctor.

After being diagnosed for a long period of time, the disease process has had time to progress and usually with either disease, the abilities to remember and tell detailed stories dissipates. I really hope I am incorrect in my feelings as that would mean PG's Mother was more aware of the truth of the situation than she is now admitting to.

BBM. This is typical of Alzheimer's. I did my graduate research on it.

Remember, the neighbors claim to have seen her driving some of the cars on the property, if she was well enough to do that she was well enough to understand what was going on. I don't think this woman deserves defence.

Remember, the neighbors claim to have seen her driving some of the cars on the property, if she was well enough to do that she was well enough to understand what was going on. I don't think this woman deserves defence.
Not that I'm defending her... :hand: but, there are patients with Alzheimer's out there who continue to drive, unless they are stopped. Her physical abilities to drive a car have nothing to do with her mental abilities. Prime Example- my grandmother, who exhibited all the signs of Alzheimer's, but was never formally diagnosed, would drive her car somewhere, forget she'd driven and take the bus home! One time she parked in front of a liquor store, the police towed her car, and my father had to retrieve it from the impound lot.

The issue with Patricia is not her current mental state, but her state in 1991 or earlier when Jaycee or other possible victims were brought to the property. Patricia's last husband died in the early 1990's - I or someone should determine an exact date through public records - so Phillip and Nancy brought Jaycee to live in a house with Patricia and possibly her husband. The cover story of "she is my daughter from a previous relationship" doesn't pass muster, so Patricia and maybe her husband were in a position to recognize and end this tragedy in 1991, yet failed to do so. And that makes her/them guilty as hell in my book.

The issue with Patricia is not her current mental state, but her state in 1991 or earlier when Jaycee or other possible victims were brought to the property. Patricia's last husband died in the early 1990's - I or someone should determine an exact date through public records - so Phillip and Nancy brought Jaycee to live in a house with Patricia and possibly her husband. The cover story of "she is my daughter from a previous relationship" doesn't pass muster, so Patricia and maybe her husband were in a position to recognize and end this tragedy in 1991, yet failed to do so. And that makes her/them guilty as hell in my book.

I wonder how Patricia's last husband . . . died.

For some reason, I thought that she was so sickly that she was bed-ridden and had been for 20 or so years. If she had been, then even if she was lucid, she might not have known that the girls lived in the backyard. She might not have been able to see the mess that the house was becoming. She might not have known exactly how old JC was to figure out that she was conceived while PG was in prison -- or maybe she thought that he had a conjugal visit???

However, if she was driving cars around, she should have been able to know at least some of these things.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back