1070 users online (211 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

GA - Eight family members brutally murdered in Brunswick home, 29 Aug 2009

"BRUNSWICK, Ga. - Several people were found dead and two critically injured Saturday in a mobile home at a trailer park, the Glynn County Police Department said."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32608487...me_and_courts/

Omg what a tragedy.

Waiting on an update to find out more about this. WTH happened?
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Exclamation 7 people found murdered in Georgia mobile home and 2 injured 8.29.09

BRUNSWICK, Ga. Seven people were killed and two critically injured at a mobile home located on a historic plantation in southeastern Georgia, officials said Saturday.

Glynn County spokeswoman Candice Temple wouldn't say how they were killed. The county's police chief, Matt Doering, said authorities discovered the victims when responding to a 911 call shortly after 8 a.m. Saturday.

Doering said the injured were taken to an area hospital.

Police said the probe was a homicide investigation. A department news release said some of the victims had been tentatively identified, but it didn't provide any names or ages. It also didn't say whether police were looking for any suspect.

More at link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_mobile_home_slayings

According to local stations there is a 5pm press conference from authorities on the shooting..I'll post more details after I find the presser online.

I just saw this on my homepage, what a tragedy, be interested to know the story behind it, probably another family member gone ballistic. Very sad.
    "What though the radiance which was once so bright, be now forever taken from my sight. Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower: we will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind." William Wordsworth

According to the 5pm news conference, authorities won't reveal whether or not the killer is on the loose, and they are still in the process of notifying family members. The police chief also said they are actively pursuing leads.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved. How sad

Don't they owe it to the public to let them know if a killer is on the loose? Seems ridiculous to me and if I lived in the area I would be outraged. Possibly one of the people shot was the shooter and the police know this...but the public doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    Don't they owe it to the public to let them know if a killer is on the loose? Seems ridiculous to me and if I lived in the area I would be outraged. Possibly one of the people shot was the shooter and the police know this...but the public doesn't.
    I totally agree. The fact that the police chief said they are "actively pursuing leads" though leads me to believe that the police don't yet know if the suspect is on the loose or not.

Wondering if it was another home invasion or family deal???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

What a tragedy. I hope the two survivors are able to tell police who did this to them.

Quote Originally Posted by January. View Post
    What a tragedy. I hope the two survivors are able to tell police who did this to them.
    I'm hoping so too, but because the two surviving victims are in critical condition, who knows how much they can talk or how much they'll remember. I pray they make a full recovery though.

Seven Dead in Glynn
    Saturday, August 29, 2009
    By MARY STARR And NEVIN BATIWALLA

Police found the bodies after receiving a 911 call at 8 a.m. today.
    The coroner’s office pronounced the seven dead at 10:30 a.m.
    Glynn County police called it the deadliest crime scene in recent county history.
    The two persons critically injured, both reportedly juveniles, were transported to hospitals out of town.

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open...-Glynn-8_29_09
    [/I]

[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JBean; 08-29-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: copyright infringe reduced text

If they're not looking for a suspect, then LE already knows what happened (the suspect is one of the dead or injured) and are just not releasing the facts until they confirm. JMHO.
    LACI & CONNER - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!
    Laci's Archived Thread (Read Only):
    http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Latest news..

It is believed that some of the victims were children. Doering said they had no information on any suspects or motive and investigators were doing everything in their power to find whoever is responsible for the killings.

He urged people in the area to be cautious.

"Yes, they should be concerned," Doering said live on the local station at 6 p.m. "Until this is solved, we all need to be worried."
    Snipped from http://www.news4jax.com/news4georgia...33/detail.html

That leads me to believe they are actively looking for a suspect(s) but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by KaylynnCouture; 08-29-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast