Jaycee's Bio dad

georgiagirl

Opinionated Southern Belle
Reaction score
Has anything come out about her bio father? I am just curious..... I was wondering if her mom had been married to him at one time or was he ever around or is he still living?

Not that I have heard and I do think this subject should be left alone.

Has anything come out about her bio father? I am just curious..... I was wondering if her mom had been married to him at one time or was he ever around or is he still living?

I'm interested to know as well.

I agree Beyond Belief. IIRC, Stepdad said in an interview that he was the only father she ever knew. If that's the case, then any info about bio-dad really doesn't matter.

I agree. Jaycees stepfather has cared enough too. Actually, he cared. I think he has more to say in all of this than any biological dad ever did!
For Jaycees sake, I hope there are only a few people there for her and her daughters...

After looking at all these pictures of the yard, all that stuff, this guy must have frequented thrift shops and garage sales.
These little ones don't even have birth certificates. So much has to be done for them.
But you know what, I think they are all going to be okay. Their mother is an awesome woman.

sorry off topic

Good question. I remember the kidnapping well and the stepfather's statements but I never remember anything about a bio-dad.

Somewhere I read that the bio-dad was ruled out as a suspect as he hadn't even known where she was living at the time of her abduction. So it sounds like he was entirely uninterested in her life.

I do understand the initial question, in the vein of finding out more about Jaycee's life pre-kidnapping. I didn't know anything about her before this case either, so I am glad to have filled in that blank as far as that goes.

Jaycee's step-dad is the only dad she has known. And I have a feeling once she learns he tried to rescue her and the guilt he's felt over these years they can BOTH help each other heal and he can still be a father figure in her life, and a grandfather to her girls. You're never too old to have a grandpa spoil you.

I don't know if this is the right thread, doesn't seem to be one that exactly matches. I saw somewhere that her mother lives in Riverside County. Don't know if this is the same person or not, but her name can be easily searched and it comes up with a picture from her work on their website. I'm not going to post it, but search Terry Probyn Riverside and you'll find it.

I do understand the initial question, in the vein of finding out more about Jaycee's life pre-kidnapping. I didn't know anything about her before this case either, so I am glad to have filled in that blank as far as that goes.

Jaycee's step-dad is the only dad she has known. And I have a feeling once she learns he tried to rescue her and the guilt he's felt over these years they can BOTH help each other heal and he can still be a father figure in her life, and a grandfather to her girls. You're never too old to have a grandpa spoil you.

I think Carl is an exceptional human being, and his daughter Jaycee is one hell of a person. The strength she has shown over the past 18 years....she must have learned from her parents.

I think Carl is an exceptional human being, and his daughter Jaycee is one hell of a person. The strength she has shown over the past 18 years....she must have learned from her parents.
Uh. Just curious. Do you know Carl?

Jaycee's biological father has given at least one interview. He is appalled at what happened to her and had nothing but nice things to say about her mother Terry.

He is married with three children of his own.

Meanwhile, Kenneth Slayton Jr., 41, was stunned to learn Jaycee was his half sister. "I had no idea I even had a half sister until my full sister called and told me the other night," Slayton Jr. told the Daily News.

Uh. Just curious. Do you know Carl?

oops. typo on my part. I meant to say he "seems like" and exceptional human being.

although, somewhere in this massive chaos of boxes, i have a letter Jaycee's family (i believe it was her dad) wrote to me in response to a letter I wrote them in 1994/95..

I just noticed through the articles with Jaycee's Aunt Tina Dugard that Jaycee has her mother's maiden name. If the biological dad had a family and got Jaycee's mom pregnant, as it sounds, that is certainly a reason that he stayed out of Jaycee's life and never met her. I wonder if Jaycee's stepdad ever wanted to adopt her to give her his name - however I know lots of people don't worry about that formality and just consider family family, no matter the name. I wonder if Carl Probyn has gotten to see Jaycee yet and if he will be able to mend fences with his inlaws who suspected him. I hope so.

I also want to add, (especially after reading Mazama's post below mine here) that maybe, the reason Terry kept Jaycee's last name Dugard, is that she is HER girl, Terry's girl, that Terry no doubt went through a LOT in her decision to have and raise Jaycee as a single mom and apparently was close to her family therefore it would make the most sense to keep Jaycee's last name as Dugard. Carl said Terry and Jaycee were "attached at the hip" and "like twins" and I imagine it had to be so! And that bond with them is stronger than anything. I can not even begin to imagine the pain that Terry has been through. This would be like having your heart torn out, losing half of yourself. It is just brutal. The story about Terry french braiding Jaycee's hair touches me so much. Beautiful.

In the wake of his daughter’s ordeal, Kenneth had been keeping a low profile. But he poured out his rage after we tracked him down at his home in a remote rural area of Los Angeles.
Bare-chested and wearing shorts as he worked on a truck in sweltering heat, mechanic Kenneth said: “I am Jaycee’s father.

“All you need to do is look at me to know that. I could show you pictures of me when I was her age – we were dead ringers.”
He has the same colour hair, bright blue eyes and broad smile as the girl whose plight has horrified the world.
He confessed Jaycee was the result of a brief romance with her mother Terry Probyn while he was going through a divorce. Her husband Carl became the youngster’s stepfather.
Dad of three Kenneth, now re-married, said: “We had a fling for about two weeks. Terry was a sweet gal.
“That poor woman has been through so much. She was a really nice lady. No one deserves this. What sort of sick animal must Garrido be?
I hope he rots in jail.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ck-animal-who-took-my-jaycee-115875-21643636/

Maz

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz0Q4TlfKko
The biological father of kidnap victim Jaycee Lee Dugard said he wants to kill the sicko who held her captive for 18 years.

"I'd love to get my hands on [Phillip] Garrido and kill him," Kenneth Slayton, 64, told the Daily Mirror of London.

He and Terry Probyn split while she was pregnant with Jaycee, and he has never met his daughter.

Garrido and his wife, Nancy, kidnapped then-11-year-old Jaycee from a South Lake Tahoe, Calif., bus stop in 1991 and kept her captive in a hovel behind their Antioch, Calif., house, police said.

Garrido repeatedly raped Jaycee, fathering two daughters with her.

Defense lawyer Gilbert Maines said Nancy Garrido insists she was a victim, too - so afraid of her husband that she made sure Jaycee didn't escape during the five months he was in jail for a parole violation in 1993.

"He doesn't have to be there physically," Maines told ABC's "Good Morning America."

Meanwhile, Kenneth Slayton Jr., 41, was stunned to learn Jaycee was his half sister. "I had no idea I even had a half sister until my full sister called and told me the other night," Slayton Jr. told the Daily News.

California birth records show Terry's maiden name as Dugard. Terry was only 21 when she gave birth to Jaycee. I have no doubt that she is a strong person, taking on the responsibility of being a single mother at a young age.

Now we're hearing about him, and in my thinking it's TMI.

The bio dad helped create Jaycee, but that was the extent of his contribution to her life. He was not by Terry's side during her pregnancy or when Jaycee was born or an infant.

At the time, Terry was Terry Dugard, so it's no surprise that Jaycee shares her maiden name. Terry was 100% a single parent, in fact, she represents the very definition of single parent (it's an overused term as far as I'm concerned. Divorced parents who share custody are not "single parents.")

Terry eventually met and married Carl, who accepted Jaycee as his own daughter.

The bio dad stayed out of the picture these last 29 years. It's great to know he wishes ill will against the monster as do so many people, but it seems that him and his family are just observers to all of this as the rest of us are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back