GPS should help put him away? Any Info?

ChaCha

Reaction score
I've read he has been on life parole with a GPS monitor on the whole time. If this is true then the GPS data should help prove this case and maybe others.

I hope so. Does anyone have any info on this?

I've read he has been on life parole with a GPS monitor on the whole time. If this is true then the GPS data should help prove this case and maybe others.

I hope so. Does anyone have any info on this?

I do not trust those monitors.
I heard of a man who had the monitor attached to his cat.
while he was out and about..... :sick:

My daughters rapist/abuser had to wear one and I found out it really depends on who puts it on and who is monitoring it.

The DOC has the best track record for monitoring and tracking data.

I was curious because of the speed in which the police said there is a bigger story to this. They seem to be making up for lost time.

I am hopeful it helps to put him away.

We all have GPS in our phones and they've been helpful in convictions.

I know GPS kept my daughter and grandchildren alive last summer.

I hope they are used more and more as a crime deterrent.

My daughters rapist/abuser had to wear one and I found out it really depends on who puts it on and who is monitoring it.

The DOC has the best track record for monitoring and tracking data.

I was curious because of the speed in which the police said there is a bigger story to this. They seem to be making up for lost time.

I am hopeful it helps to put him away.

We all have GPS in our phones and they've been helpful in convictions.

I know GPS kept my daughter and grandchildren alive last summer.

I hope they are used more and more as a crime deterrent.

God Bless you and your family. I can not imagine going through that. Glad it is in the past. :blowkiss:

God Bless you and your family. I can not imagine going through that. Glad it is in the past. :blowkiss:

Thank you for your kind words. But it's not over yet he gets out 2011. He's like cancer. So many sex offenders are.

The GPS will be put back on him for 1 year.

I haven't figured out why PG was even on a monitor. He certainly seemed to be able to go anywhere he wanted to go. When I think of a monitor I think of house restrictions, to me a monitor makes sense then. But hang a monitor on him then allow him to go anywhere he wanted? That doesn't make sense. Yes, the monitor shows where he has been. And if he got into any trouble, and if he gets connected to the trouble, and if the monitor was functional, then they can prove he was in the area at the time. Of course they still haven't proven he was connected to the trouble. A lot of trouble for very little return if you ask me.

A few questions regarding the GPS monitor I have:

- Was he wearing it when he was arrested?

- Do they keep logs and can possibly pinpoint his locations on the day Jaycee and others were taken?

A few questions regarding the GPS monitor I have:

- Was he wearing it when he was arrested?

- Do they keep logs and can possibly pinpoint his locations on the day Jaycee and others were taken?

I read somewhere that it was a requirement of his life parole. Yes they keep all data and should have safe zones set up for his past victim.

They should be able to pinpoint his every location.

If that's true, and GPS didn't come to life until the mid-nineties, then how did they manage to monitor him from his release until then? I thought I read that he was released with the GPS monitoring as a condition back in '88 IIRC.

just my two cents on the tracking.......

He could have been tracked before the advent of GPS via a house arrest bracelet. (they were in use in 1989 when I dated a guy that had one on for MowieWowie.... shhh don't tell my mother!) The tracking back then used the phone system, not satelite.

As for the current GPS and the ability to track his every move.... I learned quite a bit about that during the Haleigh Cummings case and the RSOs near her. It seems that the RSO would have a curfew and had to be within his "home zone" during the curfew time. The home zone was two miles I believe (or it could have been one mile but I think it was two). He had to be in the home zone from like evening until his work time when he was allowed to be within that zone.

All that being said, the one RSO in Haleigh's case's home zone was within two miles of Haleigh! creepy eh??? From what we know of these prostitutes... they were found near his old place of work right? So that surly peaks my interest! (very creepy to think that these sick scum could be carrying out their deeds within their own work and home zones!)

During the time that Jaycee was kidnapped and he was on the phone type bracelet he would most likely have been required to "call in" from the home phone set up for that purpose at certain times... and they would not have been able to track him real time otherwise... So could he have driven 170 miles both ways and called back in? Sure he could have... if he went 340 miles at an average of 55 miles an hour he could have been out and back in eight hours.

I will also be right back with where K Callaway lived... something tells me that he had familiarity with Jaycee's area as well.... iirc

just my two cents on the tracking.......

He could have been tracked before the advent of GPS via a house arrest bracelet. (they were in use in 1989 when I dated a guy that had one on for MowieWowie.... shhh don't tell my mother!) The tracking back then used the phone system, not satelite.

As for the current GPS and the ability to track his every move.... I learned quite a bit about that during the Haleigh Cummings case and the RSOs near her. It seems that the RSO would have a curfew and had to be within his "home zone" during the curfew time. The home zone was two miles I believe (or it could have been one mile but I think it was two). He had to be in the home zone from like evening until his work time when he was allowed to be within that zone.

All that being said, the one RSO in Haleigh's case's home zone was within two miles of Haleigh! creepy eh??? From what we know of these prostitutes... they were found near his old place of work right? So that surly peaks my interest! (very creepy to think that these sick scum could be carrying out their deeds within their own work and home zones!)

During the time that Jaycee was kidnapped and he was on the phone type bracelet he would most likely have been required to "call in" from the home phone set up for that purpose at certain times... and they would not have been able to track him real time otherwise... So could he have driven 170 miles both ways and called back in? Sure he could have... if he went 340 miles at an average of 55 miles an hour he could have been out and back in eight hours.

I will also be right back with where K Callaway lived... something tells me that he had familiarity with Jaycee's area as well.... iirc
They were both taken from the S. Tahoe vicinity. Callaway may have been at the Safeway off Lake Tahoe Blvd. Jaycee was in Meyers, both off Highway 50.

thanks Linask! I knew I heard that! this area was not new to him... he had committed a crime there in the past...

Thank you for your kind words. But it's not over yet he gets out 2011. He's like cancer. So many sex offenders are.

The GPS will be put back on him for 1 year.
OMG....I just got the chills....
MOVE!!!! I hope you can.....God hold you all safe :beats: :praying:

I have found out from personal experience, the GPS can be good depending on who puts it on and who monitors it.

DOC has used them for years for sex criminals and they'll generally set up safe zones and have curfews. It is different for each state.

If the feds had it on him it could be a whole new set of rules.

I have heard many complaints that too many people think they are a cure- all for sex offenders.

I think this case is proof of that statement!

But if there is data available and it links him to locations where deaths or abductions took place. It would be useful evidence.

I have found out from personal experience, the GPS can be good depending on who puts it on and who monitors it.

DOC has used them for years for sex criminals and they'll generally set up safe zones and have curfews. It is different for each state.

If the feds had it on him it could be a whole new set of rules.

I have heard many complaints that too many people think they are a cure- all for sex offenders.

I think this case is proof of that statement!

But if there is data available and it links him to locations where deaths or abductions took place. It would be useful evidence.

i've been meaning to get to this thread before now but for some reason forgot.
if he had tracking on him on june 10th 1991, and didnt think to 'put it on his cat" or some other trickery, then the info should have been recorded of where he was at the time of the kidnapping. now if they could have matched that up to him and the description of his wife and car, in the sro registry, and all these things had been put together 18 years ago, jaycee could have been saved the large majorify of the hell she went thru.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back