749 users online (110 members and 639 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

Stimulus checks lure Floridians to their arrest

MIAMI (Reuters) – Police in a Florida city used the promise of economic stimulus checks to lure 76 people to their arrest on a variety of outstanding warrants.

The Fort Lauderdale Police Department set up "Operation Show Me the Money" to round up people wanted on charges ranging from second-degree murder to guns and drug charges to failure to pay child support.

Using the name of the fictitious "South Florida Stimulus Coalition," police mailed letters asking the suspects to call an undercover phone line and make appointments to claim their money. When they showed up at an auditorium and presented their identification, they were led to an area where uniformed police were waiting to arrest them.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

sharpar is offline If dogs dont go to heaven I want to go where they are
    Home of the Alamo
    I love these stories think of all the money an time saved hunting them down .

No matter how many times they put the stories out - they still show up in droves

Straight till you get to Jacket Rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpar View Post
    I love these stories think of all the money an time saved hunting them down .

No matter how many times they put the stories out - they still show up in droves
    Wouldnt you just LOVE to be involved in one of these stings? Just to see the look on their faces would be priceless and to think to yourself.."You stupid idiot"!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

Dana Point,CA
    I have seen these before and they are so hilarious. One I saw these people thought they had won some big grand prize and they came in screaming for joy,only to be cuffed and taken away.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    New York City
    This happened in my hometown of Springfield, MO. I had 3 friends who showed up to this hotel and directed into the conference room. The doors were shut behind them and then all the sudden cops busted in from all directions and arrested like 150 people. They had the vans lined up outside to haul them off. It was all for traffic violations like unpaid parking tickets, etc.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'