South Lake Tahoe market parking lot Jaycee Home?

ChaCha

Reaction score
Anyone have a google map of the location of the Southlake Tahoe Market Parking Lot and the location of Jaycee's home?

It says in the original news reports the original rape victim was "a South Lake Tahoe woman"

QUOTE: Garrido had knocked on the window of her car after she entered it Monday night in a South Lake Tahoe market parking lot. She said he asked for a ride, saying his car was disabled. END QUOTE
Snippet from: http://www.rgj.com/article/20090827/NEWS/90827035/1321/news

Was Garrido a regular in the South Lake Tahoe area before and after his sentence? What was his connection to that area?

If he was wearing a GPS shouldn't the original victim have been notified of him being in her (the victim's) safe zone? Wouldn't that have been a violation of his parole?

Wasn't Jaycee Duggard originally kidnapped from the South Lake Tahoe area? Why wouldn't they search all GPS data on all sex offenders in that area during the time of her abduction?

Anyone have a google map of the location of the Southlake Tahoe Market Parking Lot and the location of Jaycee's home?
I'm guessing the market was the Safeway on Lake Tahoe Blvd. I was there just a couple of weeks ago. Jaycee's home- don't have the street address, was a small town called Meyers. They are both off CA- Highway 50.

If he was wearing a GPS shouldn't the original victim have been notified of him being in her (the victim's) safe zone? Wouldn't that have been a violation of his parole?

Wasn't Jaycee Duggard originally kidnapped from the South Lake Tahoe area? Why wouldn't they search all GPS data on all sex offenders in that area during the time of her abduction?

Maybe this was already answered elsewhere, but I believe I read that the GPS monitoring only began in 2006. He wasn't being monitored via GPS at the time of Jaycee's abduction -- that began sometime during her captivity.

We need the address of Jaycee's home in Meyers to be exact. That's where her schoolbus stop was.

The new owners are David and Rebecca Watkins bought the home where Dugard lived

The bus picked her up at Nadowa and Washoan Blvd

Washoan Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150

Maybe this was already answered elsewhere, but I believe I read that the GPS monitoring only began in 2006. He wasn't being monitored via GPS at the time of Jaycee's abduction -- that began sometime during her captivity.

GPS monitoring started in the mid 90s, but before that it was a simple phone call system of checking in every night.

Even when he had the GPS tracking, it was "casual" - he could come and go as he pleased, it would just keep a record of his movements. (which could really help figure out if he had any connections to any other abductions in the 2000's..)

Jaycee Lee Dugard case: Neighbors took comfort in visits by parole officer
http://www.rgj.com/article/20090829/NEWS/908290346/1321

snipped for length
Suspicious activity was reported
Damon Robinson lives next-door to the Garrido home on Walnut Avenue. A ladyfriend of his, he said, called the sheriff's office to report young girls living in the backyard and men being back there.
In 2006, a deputy came and investigated. But nothing came of it.
Robinson said he didn't push it because he didn't want to question how a deputy did his job. "I live here by myself. I might need to make a call for me. This is sheriff territory," he said.
"I don't feel no guilt. I was on it," Robinson said. "Whoever the cop was, he didn't look at it thoughtfully. This was a case that cost innocent people."
But Robinson said he made sure his own children were never left alone at home. "I did not trust this guy. The neighbors would tell me he was weird."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back