GUILTY NC - Tremayne Spillman & Robbie Jenkins for child endangerment, Jacksonville, 2009

:( Oh my dear, that poor baby. I hope they're able to save his foot somehow. Precious angel suffering so much. What kind of medication was the mother on that she didn't hear the baby crying in the same room?

Oh my. To think of the pain that poor baby had to suffer...Makes me so sad. I'm thinking she was probably on sleeping pills or anti-anxiety meds...I wish people wouldn't take meds like that if they are on their own...so many of these stories start out with "so and so was on medication and did not hear the baby/child crying"...Ugh!

She didn't notice until she changed his diaper? She didn't see all the blood that was probably there?? That poor little angel.

OMG! There are no words.......

GB that poor baby.

How do you not hear you 4 month old crying? By 4 months they sound like sirens when they need or want something and usually don't stop until picked up and comforted and even then some babies still keep crying.

Update from Feb 2010

Robbie Lynn Jenkins, 20, and and 23-year-old Tremayne Jerel Spillman pleaded guilty Thursday to a felony child abuse charge and a misdemeanor involving their 4-month-old son.

Jenkins was sentenced to between eight to 11 months in jail, and Spillman was sentenced to between 10 to 13 months. The couple received five months credit for time served. The judge also ordered them to complete parenting classes while in prison.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7259573

Update from Feb 2010

Robbie Lynn Jenkins, 20, and and 23-year-old Tremayne Jerel Spillman pleaded guilty Thursday to a felony child abuse charge and a misdemeanor involving their 4-month-old son.

Jenkins was sentenced to between eight to 11 months in jail, and Spillman was sentenced to between 10 to 13 months. The couple received five months credit for time served. The judge also ordered them to complete parenting classes while in prison.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7259573

I haven't heard of this terrible case before!

Prosecutors say the dog chewed the toes off of Tremayne Jerel Spillman Jr. after the couple took sleeping medication the night of Aug. 31 while dog sitting. The child was sleeping on a foldout couch when he was attacked.

The parents' actions amounted to a "total disregard for human life," Assistant District Attorney Matt Silva said.

The child will never be able to run, suffers from night terrors and phantom pains, has extensive scars on both legs and has to take pain medication every day, the child's guardian told the court.

He remains under treatment at the Shriners Hospital in Greenville, S.C., and is in the care of Jenkins' family members.

How horrendeous!

--- this mother doesn't seem to think it's a big deal.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/160655/37/Puppy-Chews-off-Babys-Finger?odyssey=obinsite

Puppy Chews off Baby's Finger

A 6-week old baby is recovering after the family pet bit off his finger.
Now his mother is facing a child neglect investigation.

"I did not neglect my child. I was there with him. He was asleep. I was asleep. He did not cry. And I will repeatedly say that. He did not cry, or would have heard him," says mother Jena Stewart.

"He is going to be able to do everything else my 3-year-old does. He's going to be able to play sports, and he's not going to notice it.

"I have to live with this for the rest of my life. I have to be the one to look at my son and tell him what happened and his mommy couldn't protect him because I was asleep. That's what I want everyone to realize. That you can pass all these harsh judgments on me and you guys are entitled to your opinions yes, but I am not a bad mom," says Stewart

--posted by Steely Dan in 'up to the minute news'.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Puppy Chews off Baby's Finger

Why would BOTH parents take sleeping medication with an infant in the home? And the dog did not even belong to them! I NEVER left my children alone with my own dog, ever. And I have never taken so much medication that a screaming baby would not have woken me up!
The worst thing is phantom limb pain-there is almost nothing you can do for it. I think there has been some success with mirror therapy but, I don't know how much. Poor kid.

How do you not hear you 4 month old crying? By 4 months they sound like sirens when they need or want something and usually don't stop until picked up and comforted and even then some babies still keep crying.

Bless this poor child and the future it holds. Gee thanks mom for taking meds and letting your child be chewed on by a pit bull puppy. Gawd!

MOO

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82