Police looking into cases of Michaela Garecht and Ilene Misheloff

anthrobones

Reaction score
(CNN) -- A week before 9-year-old Michaela Garecht was kidnapped in Hayward, California, in 1988, she wrote a poem about people who had been abducted, her mother said Tuesday.

"She sat down at the coffee table and wrote a poem about people behind the doors of steel, an amazing poem for a 9-year-old, ... and a week later she was kidnapped," Michaela's mother, Sharon Murch, said.

"It seems to me ... like it must be some sort of a prophesy or premonition, and I keep hearing the words that she said -- 'It's about people who were kidnapped and are being held captive, not people who were kidnapped and were killed.'"

Her comments came as authorities looked into whether Michaela's abduction and other unsolved kidnappings in the region are in any way related to Phillip Garrido, who was arrested last week for the kidnapping and rape of an 11-year-old girl just three years after Michaela was taken.

More: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/01/missing.girl.cases/index.html

genthumb.ashx
genthumb.ashx

I read that when Micahela's father first heard about this, he thought it actually might have been Michaela and not Jaycee that was found.

He could have shaved off the mustache. But there is still the question of the abductor's "pockmarked" face. Otherwise, very similar, IMO.

garecht_abductor2.jpg
garrido1988.jpg

Here is a link to the Amber Schwartz Garcia case: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/swartzgarcia_amber.html. She disappeared shortly before Michaela Garecht. Amber also looks like Michaela & Jaycee. A convicted murderer by the name of Curtis Dean Anderson confessed to her murder. The police took it at face value because they could not refute it. Case closed to them. However, they couldn't prove it either. He died in prison of natural causes before they could interview him further. He was playing his victims family at the time too. Saying that he would give them details of that child's murder if they gave him this or that. He was toying with them and I believe with the authorities also. I hope if the other Bay Area girls who are missing are not victims of PG, that the media attention may lead to tips to re-open those cases. I spotted an interesting similarity yesterday on the Charley Project website. In Amber Schwartz Garcia's case, a pair of pink socks like the ones she was wearing that day were located in an area that had already been searched. Amber's Mom couldn't be sure if the socks belonged to Amber or not. In Ilene Mishelhoff's case, her backpack was located in an area that had also been previously searched. Authorities believe that it was placed there by the perp. In the case of Amanda Campbell, another pair of socks was located at the scene. Again, her parents couldn't tell if they belonged to her or not. It seems like enough of a coincidence that they should check for DNA on both pairs of socks. If they did belong to the girls, could this be some sort of "signature"?

Here is a link to the Amber Schwartz Garcia case: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/swartzgarcia_amber.html. She disappeared shortly before Michaela Garecht. Amber also looks like Michaela & Jaycee. A convicted murderer by the name of Curtis Dean Anderson confessed to her murder. The police took it at face value because they could not refute it. Case closed to them. However, they couldn't prove it either. He died in prison of natural causes before they could interview him further. He was playing his victims family at the time too. Saying that he would give them details of that child's murder if they gave him this or that. He was toying with them and I believe with the authorities also. I hope if the other Bay Area girls who are missing are not victims of PG, that the media attention may lead to tips to re-open those cases. I spotted an interesting similarity yesterday on the Charley Project website. In Amber Schwartz Garcia's case, a pair of pink socks like the ones she was wearing that day were located in an area that had already been searched. Amber's Mom couldn't be sure if the socks belonged to Amber or not. In Ilene Mishelhoff's case, her backpack was located in an area that had also been previously searched. Authorities believe that it was placed there by the perp. In the case of Amanda Campbell, another pair of socks was located at the scene. Again, her parents couldn't tell if they belonged to her or not. It seems like enough of a coincidence that they should check for DNA on both pairs of socks. If they did belong to the girls, could this be some sort of "signature"?

he was in prison when Amber was abducted....so there is no chance that it was him and not CDA - who i think is responsible for more murders and abductions than those he was actually charged with.

They caught the murderer of Amanda Campbell- it was a boyfriend of her mother's or someone she was dating-IIRC Larry Graham, and her body was found.

James Daveggio and Michelle Michaud- both on Death Row for another kidnapping, rape, and murder- are more likely suspects in the disappearance of Ilene Misheloff. Their stalking grounds- Dublin/Pleasanton are where Ilene disappeared from. Perhaps they were copy-catting Garrido.

...the mother of a nine-year-old victim told Crimesider that the car she saw removed from the Garrido's home on television matched a description of the car that kidnapped her child 21 years ago.

Sharon Nemeth Murch says that when her nine-year-old daughter Michaela Garecht was taken in broad daylight in Nov. 1988, her daughter's friend Trina watched in horror and witnessed the get-away-car which she described as "large, boxy, square-ish sedan, the color was tannish-gold."

Hayward Police Investigator Rob Lampkin, who remains the local lead on Michaela's case, said the gray car found in on Garrido's property does match the description Trina gave years ago although not in color. But he cautioned that the description could match many cars.

The astonishing break in Dugard's case has certainly piqued Lampkin's interest. "There’s similarities in Jaycee’s and Michaela’s disappearances," he said. "At this point we’re not going to ignore anything."

According to Murch, her nine-year-old daughter and her best friend rode their scooters just a few blocks away to the store to pick up some candy and soda on Nov. 19, 1988 in Hayward, CA.

The two girls parked their scooters by the door and when they came outside, one had been moved a few parking spaces away. Michaela spotted it first. She ran to get it and as she bent over, a man jumped out of the car parked next to the scooter, grabbed her and whisked her, screaming, into the car and then drove off, her mother said.

Trina watched in horror as her best friend disappeared.

Twenty years later, Trina saw authorities recover a gray sedan from Phillip Garrido’s Antioch, Calif., backyard on television and called Murch to tell her.

link:
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/31/crimesider/entry5277707.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

A good partial palmprint was found on the scooter that is likely to be from Michaela's abductor. Unfortunately, there is no database that includes convicts' palmprints, only fingerprints. However, a comparison can be made between the palmprint and a sample taken from someone in custody like Garrido so we may have a quick answer to the question of "Is he the perp in Michaela's case?"

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but it appears to me that Garrido has some acne on the right side of his face in this 1988 Nevada prison booking photo.
The neck looks pretty "pockmarked" to me also. Garrido was out of prison shortly before Michaela was abducted in November of 1988.

pgarridomugshot1977adepartmey.jpg

Compare with the revised composite drawing of Michaela's abductor. I wish I could see a large sized image. This is the only one I could find.

garecht_abductor2.jpg

Could his acne have come and gone? Could he have routinely used some coverup medicine like Clearasil, but sometimes didn't? I used to use the Clearasil that covered up my acne, not the clear one, back in the day.

I saw a picture of him on TV today with long hair. Although it looked like it was taken in the 70's.

Re: LinasK and the thought that Deveggio & Mischaud could have done a copy cat kidnap. Certainly possible. Has anyone noticed the striking similarities in looks between Mischaud & Nancy Garrido at the time of Jaycee's disappearance? People were speculating that it was Mischaud, because it looks just like her. I wonder if there is any link between the two couples? They both raped girls in the Lake Tahoe area. There is also speculation that someone else made sure Jaycee stayed a captive while PG was in jail for those 5 months.

I saw a picture of him on TV today with long hair. Although it looked like it was taken in the 70's.

The Today Show on NBC mis-identified the 1988 Nevada prison booking photo as being from 1977. The photo on the left is correctly dated from 1976. This is his arrest photo in Reno. The middle photo was taken on January 22, 1988 when he was returned to Nevada from federal custody to begin serving his state sentence. He had a life sentence in Nevada for the sexual assault in Reno, but was paroled in August, 1988 after serving only eight months! Michaela was abducted three months later.

attachment.php

The Today Show on NBC mis-identified the 1988 Nevada prison booking photo as being from 1977. The photo on the left is correctly dated from 1976. This is his arrest photo in Reno. The middle photo was taken on January 22, 1988 when he was returned to Nevada from federal custody to begin serving his state sentence. He had a life sentence in Nevada for the sexual assault in Reno, but was paroled in August, 1988 after serving only eight months! Michaela was abducted three months later.

attachment.php

This may have been asked already, but I wonder when the mole on his face became visable?

Re: LinasK and the thought that Deveggio & Mischaud could have done a copy cat kidnap. Certainly possible. Has anyone noticed the striking similarities in looks between Mischaud & Nancy Garrido at the time of Jaycee's disappearance? People were speculating that it was Mischaud, because it looks just like her. I wonder if there is any link between the two couples? They both raped girls in the Lake Tahoe area. There is also speculation that someone else made sure Jaycee stayed a captive while PG was in jail for those 5 months.
Actually Vanessa Sampson was kidnapped by Daveggio & Michaud while walking on her way to work- she was an adult- in Pleasanton. They dumped her body near Lake Tahoe. We don't know where they actually assaulted her...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back