Help us find a location. Please!

JenniferO

Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
Reaction score
I just got some bad news via email.

The community center that we used last weekend for the search center isn't available Sept 12 and 13 like we had hoped.

We need a building or something in McCleary where we could set up a command center (preferably permanent but we wouldn't turn down a temp place). Anyone have any ideas on how to find someplace?

A local church has offered a place but it would require MB to purchase a million dollar insurance policy. I don't know the cost for something like that (I'm actually going to contact my father in law when he gets back from his meetings as he might be able to help me find something affordable).

Anyway if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate if you could throw them my way!

The community center that we used last weekend for the search center isn't available Sept 12 and 13 like we had hoped.

We need a building or something in McCleary where we could set up a command center (preferably permanent but we wouldn't turn down a temp place). Anyone have any ideas on how to find someplace?

A local church has offered a place but it would require MB to purchase a million dollar insurance policy. I don't know the cost for something like that (I'm actually going to contact my father in law when he gets back from his meetings as he might be able to help me find something affordable).

Jenn...I just posted on the other thread. Maybe the guy who owns Paradise Pizza? It's not ideal. But he's from Lacey and he was happy to help. Just throwing it out there.

Jenn...I just posted on the other thread. Maybe the guy who owns Paradise Pizza? It's not ideal. But he's from Lacey and he was happy to help. Just throwing it out there.

I'd hate to take a whole weekend of business from him. But as a last resort we could always call him.

I'll put it on my list. Thanks!

Jennifer -

Unfortunately, I don't have any location suggestions, but I want to comment on this bolded part. I run a nonprofit and have held events in various locations, including a few churches. 1 mil. insurance is standard liability and some locations will ask you for a rider, which holds them harmless for liability. If you already have liability insurance it doesn't cost you a dime to get a rider -- it just names an additional insured.

I don't recommend that you look into getting insurance, it's a nightmare going through it and an unnecessary cost, IMHO. Instead, I hope you will be able to find another location that will not require it.

Even before my nonprofit was officially a 501(c)3, we held events at different locations with no insurance. The church has its own liability insurance and asking for your own insurance for this purpose seems just wrong to me. It could be that they are a large church and this is just the policy when they have any outside group there, but I hope you can find another church.

JMHO.

daisy7

Thank you so much for your input. It was very helpful

Does it have to be in McCleary? Just thinking nearby towns such as Elma may have something.

Does it have to be in McCleary? Just thinking nearby towns such as Elma may have something.

It might be hard for MB to get things from the storage unit in McCleary to places outside of McCleary. Elma is 7 miles away, she doesn't have a reliable car and KK doesn't drive at all.

But it's not something we won't look into if nothing in McCleary works out.

I will just throw this out there - what about the local fire department/school/or some other place like that. What can possibly be more important than searching for a missing child - it may just be the right time to find out who the local politicans are and get them to assist in locating a permanent search HQ? Is there a Mayor/Congressman-woman who could assist.

These are probably all wrong suggestions and you have probably already looked at these - there has to be somewhere that this can be set up.

City of McCleary calendar for the Month of September

Sept 2 (tonight) city council meeting. 6:30 PM. MB NEEDS to attend this meeting and ask for help finding a place to set up a search center.

Sept 12-13.. Nothing on the city calendar. GOOD WEEKEND FOR A SEARCH

Sept 19 and 20 - 13th Annual community wide garage sale. This would not be a good search weekend because people are going to garage sale over searching. BUT it would be a good weekend to have volunteers at every entrance/exit into and out of McCleary passing out flyers.

City of McCleary calendar for the Month of September

Sept 2 (tonight) city council meeting. 6:30 PM. MB NEEDS to attend this meeting and ask for help finding a place to set up a search center.

Sept 12-13.. Nothing on the city calendar. GOOD WEEKEND FOR A SEARCH

Sept 19 and 20 - 13th Annual community wide garage sale. This would not be a good search weekend because people are going to garage sale over searching. BUT it would be a good weekend to have volunteers at every entrance/exit into and out of McCleary passing out flyers.

Jennifer,

Good points for each one. Let me know if I need to help.

Jennifer,

Good points for each one. Let me know if I need to help.

Thanks Brad.

I'll text ya if I need help! lol
No seriously, I appreciate the offer and I will email you if I need anything.

I've been to three different Real Estate places in Montesano looking for something in the McCleary/Elma area and I'm hoping someone will be in contact with me about a place to use.

If nothing else is available in McCleary could MM take on another responsibility and use maybe a backroom of the dollar store for a headquarters? This would allow MB to work and get some form of a routine back in her life while still advocating for Lindsey's return. Also can the local Masons help with locating? Just ideas if all others fail. Cheering you on Jen O, if you need help with phone calls that need to be made for anthing let me know. I'll be in Aberdeen tomorrow through Sat. and hopefully will have wi-fi.

My suggestions:
A storage unit...BYO portable fans of course
A baseball field
A local park
Try every church in town, some have fellowship halls and family life centers
Local library
Contact owners of any vacant business buildings
Local school district...High School Gym, cafeteria or auditorium
Local Country Club
Local car dealerships
Local warehouses
Local Hospital conference room
Surly there is someone in McCleary that will allow the use of a facility without requiring insurance.

Good news! I just got back from McCleary from dropping off some supplies and food, and both Melissa and Kara said they have secured the church for future searches if nothing is scheduled there :clap:

I don't know which church or if there is more than one But they were obviously excited and very relieved about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back