837 users online (146 members and 691 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lindsey Baum "important"

This is to everyone

when we came to open up a search center for lindsey and give people some search information and instructions we forgot to say one thing when we first got it started and that is this
    "when you walk in the doors of the new lindsey search center leave your egos behind you this is about lindsey and bringing her home it is not about anything else" i have read some pretty harsh things regarding melissa baum and let me be the first to say no she is not a perfect mother none of us are.

i have read some of the horrible things people are saying and it is so unfair and really not called for. Melissa is doing her best as a single mother who has a son with disabilities and the father of these kids not in the picture. I am not here to say bad things about scott but Melissa is doing the best she can. She reads things on this sight even though i have told her that she shouldn't because people say cruel things. Please people stop the slander and harsh words. All of this is useless in helping to find lindsey.

I would hope that when a child goes missing we would all concentrate on that child and not use this site or any other site to slander that childs family. Lindsey may not have a perfect life but none of us or our children do. So please before you write anything else about melissa and how you feel or what you have heard about her think about this" what would you want to be reading if it were your child and you were trying so desperately to find her or him? it would not be horrible things to make us feel worse than we do because our child has been abducted. All of us would want the entire world to be out looking for our child. We would not want to hear or read how people think of us as a person or parent. lindsey deserves better . So please everyone just think of lindsey and bringing her home.

I hope you all put as much effort in helping with the searches for Lindsey as you have writing and saying all these horrible things.

We will be getting the searches started again on sept 11 and hope to keep them going everyday until we find lindsey.

Thanks to all of you who made it to the community center/lindsey center last weekend. I hope the continued searches brings more people out than the first searches. You all know lindsey is crying to come home and we need to help her!

Hi onamission. Are you referring to someone posting here on WS? I'm not aware of anyone here slandering MB or Lindsey's family. At least not that I've seen. I do know that when a child goes missing, we explore everything, including that child's family. And some questions do come up. But you're right. No parent is perfect, and those imperfections don't mean that they are to blame. But I think everyone here...to my knowledge...respects Lindsey's family and wishes nothing but the best for them. Everyone here wants Lindsey to come home.

JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    You said it better than I ever could.

Thank you.

jennifer o

You are welcome I thought it might help we don't need all the neg stuff we need to focus on Lindsey and it all needs to stay positive!

I don't know which thread I read things on but there were words written regarding Melissa, Scott and others in her family. I am new at this site but I am sure someone can direct you to where they are posted. They used terms like MB MM and SB.
    I also wanted to let people know that when we go to help with setting up searches we usually state Please leave your egos behind you this is about Lindsey and bringing her home. It was just forgot to say when we started the searches last weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by onamission7304 View Post
    You are welcome I thought it might help we don't need all the neg stuff we need to focus on Lindsey and it all needs to stay positive!
    That's why I'm frustrated with the lack of local turn out at the searches. If people have a problem with Melissa, that's fine. But this isn't about Melissa, it's about Lindsey.
    Even if my worst enemy had a child go missing.. I'd still be there for them.

Quote Originally Posted by onamission7304 View Post
    I don't know which thread I read things on but there were words written regarding Melissa, Scott and others in her family. I am new at this site but I am sure someone can direct you to where they are posted. They used terms like MB MM and SB.
    I also wanted to let people know that when we go to help with setting up searches we usually state Please leave your egos behind you this is about Lindsey and bringing her home. It was just forgot to say when we started the searches last weekend!
    Not a problem. I do believe you. I just want to let you know that terms of "MB", "SB", etc....we use those as shorthand for a persons name. They are not meant to be insults or derrogatory at all. MB = Melissa Baum. SB = Scott Baum. Etc. So don't be shocked if you see those all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferO View Post
    That's why I'm frustrated with the lack of local turn out at the searches. If people have a problem with Melissa, that's fine. But this isn't about Melissa, it's about Lindsey.
    Even if my worst enemy had a child go missing.. I'd still be there for them.
    Is the the feeling that you get? That it could be because of feelings for MB? I'm really trying to understand how the locals are feeling about this case. I was under the impression they are not helping because of the local LE.

No it was not the use of MB ect. it was what they were saying. Really hurtful stuff.
    I even got a call from someone I won't mention names and it was not melissa. this person asked me to please try and help to stop people from posting harsh hurtful things.
    so I wrote what I thought would be helpful. I did not write it to point fingers at anyone person just to try and make people understand that all of this is about Lindsey.
    saying harsh and hurtful stuff does no good!
    I don't know if it was someone who knows her or someone who has heard things from someone else. I dont want to offend anyone just want to get a point across

Quote Originally Posted by boondock View Post
    Is the the feeling that you get? That it could be because of feelings for MB? I'm really trying to understand how the locals are feeling about this case. I was under the impression they are not helping because of the local LE.
    No. It's not my feelings. I don't know what the locals think about any of it because I haven't talked to any of them.

I'm saying that IF this is the reason then they need to not be like that. If they are worried about the local LE that's a whole other story. I don't know what is going on in McCleary that would make people fear the LE.. but I wish they'd put Lindsey first and talk if they know something.

I am not sure why the McCleary people are not coming out. I know that other people are. I do know that Melissa has only been in McCleary for 2 years so she is kind of new to the area. I only know that we can not put our efforts into the why the town is not helping. All our efforts need to be focused on Lindsey and reaching out to as many people in the state of Washington that we can letting them know we need volunteers to help with searches. So please help us by getting the word out!

Okay, just wanted to make sure. That's very disappointing that someone would post something like that here. Yes, we are open to exploring all avenues, but not attacking a victim's family. Thank you for trying to get the focus back in the right direction. You're right. This is about bringing Lindsey home. I was just curious if it was indeed here at WS that these things were written. I don't think you're offending anyone by saying focus on Lindsey. That is what we should be doing.

I'm working on making flyers for the next search.. I just need a date and a place and I'll get them printed out, copied and distributed.

When we work on any case we look at all the people involved in the child's life from the people who are closest to her and work our way out. It is not meant to offend anyone. LE doesn't do that to offend either, but to rule people out. Maybe the threads you saw were from much earlier in the case before MB was ruled out by LE stating she passed her LDT. However, there was one thread that was pulled when discussing things which went far beyond that scope.

We normally don't advise family members to read the investigation threads here, IIRC. There is a forum set up for information for family members in another location. We go into so many graphic details here and most would be uncomfortable with reading such things.

No one is out to disparage the family. We are only trying to figure out what could have happened to Lindsey. People do have to be ruled out as we go along. This means we do get into personal areas, but we try to be factual and gather information from credible sources.
    Last edited by SeriouslySearching; 09-02-2009 at 02:08 AM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferO View Post
    I'm working on making flyers for the next search.. I just need a date and a place and I'll get them printed out, copied and distributed.
    When you do get the flyer done could you post it here on the forum? If it's ok there are some websites, blogs I can post the image on with the word to spread it around.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast