Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man slaps stranger's baby in Walmart

Man slaps stranger's baby in Walmart

This happened not too far from me.

http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/man...ng-129235.html

Witnesses say that Roger Stephens, 61, warned the mother of the child that he would “shut up the crying child if she couldn’t,” WSB-TV is reporting. Stephens is accused of slapping the 2-year-old multiple times in the face and then walking away.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Evan's Mom For This Useful Post:

Unbelievable! Thank goodness that the bystander held this man for the security people. Imagine the trauma the poor baby felt when this nut job started slapping!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bogeygal For This Useful Post:

He even looks mean. Poor child!

My beloved Jared
    12/18/83-11/19/84
    Gone too soon by violence.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Otise For This Useful Post:

Jerk!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

I'd like to slap him a couple of times. This would be a murder case if some idiot slapped my child. I don't care if my child was crying, being a brat, or what.

He's got the same moronic theory that some others have...when a child is crying, in order to stop the crying, slap, hit, punch, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan's Mom View Post

I don't know what this guy was thinking.

Walmart carries ammo and lots of people with concealed weapons permits frequent Walmart. He's lucky he did not pick the wrong Mommy in this Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    Jerk!
    They should lock him up in a psych ward! He looks crazy in that photo.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bogeygal For This Useful Post:

WTH?!?!
    He was in a PUBLIC place! Why not just I dunno.......walk away? Why ASSAULT A BABY??

I bet this man doesnt have a criminal history but instead has a "familial" history of anger & abuse & Im sure neighbors,co-workers & family members(if they felt safe)would attest to it!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    WTH?!?!
    He was in a PUBLIC place! Why not just I dunno.......walk away? Why ASSAULT A BABY??

I bet this man doesnt have a criminal history but instead has a "familial" history of anger & abuse & Im sure neighbors,co-workers & family members(if they felt safe)would attest to it!!!
    lol you are trying to be rational.
    This man does not sound rational at all.

Wal-Mart is large enough for him to go someplace else in the store and return to that department after the baby has left, if it bothered him that much.
    I agree that he looks very mean spirited.
    I hope he got locked up for at least 1 year. Other wise he may think that is a great way to solve a problem.

I SURE HOPE HE HAS NO CHILDREN OF HIS OWN....
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Evan's Mom View Post
    Wow - that mugshot. He looks like a miserable, unhappy person.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to southcitymom For This Useful Post:

Not Alabama but Sweet Home just the same , SC
    What an A Hole!!!! He looks like a mean old man! He is very lucky he is just going to jail and not 6 feet under because if it had been my baby I would have been making some weapons out of whatever was in that aisle!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bamabeauty For This Useful Post:

I hope someone investigates into any children in his life. If he will hit a stranger's baby in public like that, just think of what he might do in private to his own child or grandchild!!!

He's lucky it wasn't my child or that I wasn't there. I'd have given him a taste of his own medicine.

(Yes, one of my worst faults is the inability to turn the other cheek.)
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to angelmom For This Useful Post:

MsRyber is offline Lacks Insight, but has great Common Sense.
    Ooooo, I love the idea of a charge of assault on a minor, or even better, battery and child abuse.

Oh, and let him in general pop.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MsRyber For This Useful Post:

Kat

No problem slapping a baby, but funny he didn't resist the men stopping him from leaving... cowardass.
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dgfred For This Useful Post:

I hope he does some time for this, I think he will being that it's a felony.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misfitdolly For This Useful Post:

I am dumbfounded by this. I saw that the child is 2. My 2-year-old is one of the whiniest, most irritating children I've ever met, so I can sort of imagine other customers being irritated... (Although I am always so relieved when a crying child isn't mine, that I don't mind the noise a bit!) But it's not as though they were trapped on a plane together... I'm so puzzled about why he didn't just walk away. Were they stuck in a slow-moving check-out line together?

Something must be wrong with him. What a horrible person, and I feel so sorry for the mom and child. Glad the child is too young to remember, although I'd think something like this could make the child very fearful of strangers and public places.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JenB For This Useful Post:

What!! If that was my baby, that man would have been leaving with an ice pack where the sun don't shine or worse. Slapping a baby because she was crying? Go to a different aisle! WTH!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to January. For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Otise View Post

He even looks mean. Poor child!
    Oh man. He looks like a crab. I hope he has no grandkids or small children in his neighbourhood.

I must admit, kids can get annoying in stores, but I have to say I never, ever would consider doing something like this. What did he need total silence for? He was in a Wal-Mart, not performing surgery!

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

Even sitting strapped in an airplane seat next to the loudest, most obnoxious two-year-old in the world, whose parents are reading magazines and ignoring the situation, you're not allowed to slap the baby.

Heck, you're not even allowed to slap adults just because they're loud and annoying.

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Even sitting strapped in an airplane seat next to the loudest, most obnoxious two-year-old in the world, whose parents are reading magazines and ignoring the situation, you're not allowed to slap the baby.

Heck, you're not even allowed to slap adults just because they're loud and annoying.
    I WISH we could slap adults because they were loud and annoying....

With that said, if this guy had slapped MY kid, no one would have needed to hold him for security. He would have been unconscious on the ground. And that's if I was in a generous mood that day.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyn1001 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post

BBM. This is, by far, the more tempting option. I understand whiny children in the grocery store. Whiny adults might deserve a slap or two, but I manage to restrain myself.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelmom For This Useful Post:

Oh, HELLLLLL NO! There is no way that he would still be standing. I would beat the everliving crap out of him.

Newsflash to the creep: Uh, babies CRY. It's what they do. Babies and young kids are all over WalMart. I hate evil kidhaters. Sure, a crying baby can get irritating, but that's just the way it is.

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eleven For This Useful Post:

OMG that Walmart is minutes from my in-laws house and VERY close to where I used to live in Atlanta. What a horrible story! What a moron, why do people think hitting a baby will stop them from crying.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AmyinTheHam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AmyinTheHam View Post
    OMG that Walmart is minutes from my in-laws house and VERY close to where I used to live in Atlanta. What a horrible story! What a moron, why do people think hitting a baby will stop them from crying.
    I know! It seems really counter-intuitive, doesn't it? "Hey, you're crying. Let's slap you and see if that makes you feel less like crying!" Moron.

I guess we can see how charming his family was when he was a kid. Might explain the scowl.

(BTW, I am not excusing his behaviour by that.)

46. The Following User Says Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

This is bizarre. Who does that kind of thing? The man looks like he has a permanent scowl on his face.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast