GUILTY OH - Israel Santos, 5 wks, dies of head trauma, Hamilton, 24 Aug 2009

Recovering-Lurker

I'm Back and on My Best Behavior
Reaction score
Another sick, "mom!"

Prosecutors: Mom Killed Baby To Hide Father's Age

Investigators say the Hamilton mother charged with killing her 5-week-old son and putting the body in a garbage can murdered the child to cover up who fathered the baby.

"She's trying to get rid of the baby so no one will discover that the father was under the age of 16," said Butler County Prosecutor Robin Piper.

The coroner says Santos had skull fractures and a broken arm. Investigators found the baby after Villa called to report the infant was picked up by an ex-boyfriend and never brought back.

Detectives say she made up the story.

Nancy Grace video.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/stor...-Hide-Fathers-Age/z2yNOHDF3k2ivceHtyke0A.cspx

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/09/01/ng.mom.kills.cnn

FRY HER!!! :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

My oldest daughter called me last night and told me about this before it came on NG. She said (she lives in Cinci) that what she heard was that the teen was 13 or 14. On NG they said the male teen was aged 13 to 16. Who knows exactly how old he was but NG made an excellent comment in that we don't punish Female predators as severely as Male Predators and her motive is ridiculous.

As a matter of fact I think female predators should face the same sentencing as males. IMHO.

God bless this baby.

She's in her 20's and the father is a minor? So .... the baby has to pay for her stupidity and bad judgment? ugh!

I'm having trouble understanding how she thought murdering this precious baby would conceal the fathers identity??????

There are so many nice folks that would love to adopt a precious baby...I am speechless once again.

I'm having trouble understanding how she thought murdering this precious baby would conceal the fathers identity??????

Me, too. I just don't get it. Though, I don't understand many of these cases.

Glad to see you back, LJ!:)

From what I understand, a DNA test was about to be done. At that point, it would confirm the father was the underage boy. I'm guessing her line of thought was: No baby=No DNA test=No one finding out who the father is.

I hear they will be asking for the DP on this one...not a gray area in my opinion. The stats on women convicted and sentenced to death then having their sentence commuted to LWOP are staggering. Maybe one day they will figure out that females are deserving of the DP, as much as their male counter parts, in heinous crimes such as this.

This never would have happened if she had a job instead of leeching off the government.

From what I understand, a DNA test was about to be done. At that point, it would confirm the father was the underage boy. I'm guessing her line of thought was: No baby=No DNA test=No one finding out who the father is.

Was this woman trying to avoid a statutory (sp?) rape charge and decided that murder was the better "option"?

UPDATE:

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/crime-law/mother-pleads-guilty-in-infants-death-1/nMqjX/

Asuncion “Suzie” Avila-Villa, 27, has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole in exchange for her guilty pleas, which included admitting to three other felony charges.
Avila-Villa has been in the Butler County Jail since August 2009, a few days after she told police the father of her son kidnapped 35-day-old Israel Santos. On Tuesday in Butler County Common Pleas Court, she cried as she spoke to her family before sentencing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back