871 users online (122 members and 749 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,776

    Plea from Ron Cummings 9/1/09

    http://www.news4jax.com/video/20657559/index.html

    Recorded last night 9/1/09, outside his attorney's office. Around the 3 min mark on the video. Short plea, and unusual wording.

    "She has a loving family at home that needs her, more than whoever has her, and you don't deserve her, so let her go so she can come home to where she belongs."
    Last edited by Capri; 09-02-2009 at 02:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Me transcribing what is said (please forgive any errors I make)

    It wasn't long before MC (reporter speaking) came out with her head hung low and quietly got into this white BMW before speeding off with nothing to say.

    (more coverage of MC...nothing we don't know already)

    Ronalds new attn says that despite the negative light that is cast on his new wife he stands behind her 100%.

    Ron's attn speaking: He has no reason not to believe his wife at this point and he's going to stand by her until something else comes up.

    Reporter: RC wanted to send this message to the person that has his daughter:

    Has (or there's) a loving family at home that needs her (pause) more than whoever has her uhmm and you don't deserve her (pause) so let her go so she can come home to where she belongs...(video cuts away to reporter)

    I did a quick transcribe in case there is anyone here that is at work and can't watch the video until later.

    I can't say I've ever seen RC exhibit that demeanor before, and I"m not quite sure what to make of it at this time.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,776
    Forgive me, but telling someone who has your child held hostage, "You don't deserve her"...just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

    Consider Ron's theme seems to be "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer", I would think he would understand that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic state
    Posts
    630
    Sounds like Ron's attorney is advising him. Mark my words: from now on, anything Ron has to say will be read from a printed formal statement.
    Caylee, "He will raise you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of his hand."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,256
    Mixed emotions. LE have stated that it was not a stranger abduction and there is nothing pointing to that versus someone MC knows or MC.

    If it was a kidnapper then there has been alluding to that but, LE/FBI would have tackled that sooner to fund a ransom and trap the perps -- so given this is 'secret' I don't buy a kidnapping/hostage.

    If it was someone that wanted Haleigh as their own then I don't buy that given that Haleigh was theoretically taken from her own bed late at night from within a home that was 'locked'?

    I see this as a distraction to take the focus off them and put it back onto some bad person out there who is holding Haleigh.

    Once again, the public statement is for everyone to search for Haleigh and for the Perp to return Haleigh when, RC himself has info that he knows MC knows a LOT.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    I can't begin to get inside his head and read what he's doing right now. To be honest, for that I"m kind of grateful. No sarcasm at all.

    But, yes I agree it sounds as if he is parroting what his Lawyer had advised him to say. The uhmm, the errr's. But in the end who knows with this guy?
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Posts
    5,354
    To me it always sounds like Ronald knows exactly who he is talking to when he makes these statements. I hope he has given that information to LE. Once again, love is a verb.
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,256
    Quote Originally Posted by elle1919 View Post
    To me it always sounds like Ronald knows exactly who he is talking to when he makes these statements. I hope he has given that information to LE. Once again, love is a verb.
    I disagree, there is no sense of urgency in this. There are facts that are not being aggressively pursued. If there was some lead you'd be all over it in hours/days not months. 7 months!!!! Imagine the horror of a little girl being held for 7 months.

    Shades of the A's. This is just like the Caylee story and we are supposed to believe that Caylee is with a kidnapper but that it is o.k. because the kidnapper loves the child, is not harming her. Please give her back to us. BS. Caylee was gone.

    Most perps who take a child abuse them and dispose of them quickly so they do not get seen or caught. I don't buy that in this case BTW.

    I am sorry but, someone other than just MC may know what happened to Haleigh that night and ..... I do want to buy into the Haleigh is still alive theory, just like I wanted to in Caylee is Alive sightings but.... RC is just doing the right thing, following attorney direction and --- going through the motions.

    Something is wrong ...... the blankie ......
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post
    I disagree, there is no sense of urgency in this. There are facts that are not being aggressively pursued. If there was some lead you'd be all over it in hours/days not months. 7 months!!!! Imagine the horror of a little girl being held for 7 months.

    Shades of the A's. This is just like the Caylee story and we are supposed to believe that Caylee is with a kidnapper but that it is o.k. because the kidnapper loves the child, is not harming her. Please give her back to us. BS. Caylee was gone.

    Most perps who take a child abuse them and dispose of them quickly so they do not get seen or caught. I don't buy that in this case BTW.

    I am sorry but, someone other than just MC may know what happened to Haleigh that night and ..... I do want to buy into the Haleigh is still alive theory, just like I wanted to in Caylee is Alive sightings but.... RC is just doing the right thing, following attorney direction and --- going through the motions.

    Something is wrong ...... the blankie ......
    I agree cyborg, I know my post is a little misleading because there is not many words there. I do not believe that Haleigh is alive and I don't know if she made out of 202 Green Lane alive. It is hard to type that but it is just the way I feel. I agree completely that there is no sense of urgency there with RC. I don't know that there ever was. I saw grief and a very very hurting father in his first interview. But, I am thinking I may have been duped and I am just waiting for the truth to reveal itself.
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,776
    Do you think he is speaking directly (indirectly) to someone, when he says "you don't deserve her"?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Capri View Post
    Do you think he is speaking directly (indirectly) to someone, when he says "you don't deserve her"?
    Someone had posted prevously that RC was taking words from the plea for Jaycee that has recently been heavily played in the media. This likely came from his attorney as a credible thing to say. Sadly no-one has Haleigh, on Earth.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic state
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by elle1919 View Post
    I saw grief and a very very hurting father in his first interview. But, I am thinking I may have been duped and I am just waiting for the truth to reveal itself.
    When I think about that, I think about one of Crystal's first interviews, when she said something to the effect of, "I know Ron, and those were not real tears." She implied his crying was fake.

    Just before that interview, I saw a clip of him crying getting into a car. It seemed to me that he turned it on for the camera. I didn't get the impression he had been crying before the camera was in his face.

    Still, I'm on the fence about him.
    Caylee, "He will raise you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of his hand."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Quote Originally Posted by awakewriter View Post
    When I think about that, I think about one of Crystal's first interviews, when she said something to the effect of, "I know Ron, and those were not real tears." She implied his crying was fake.

    Just before that interview, I saw a clip of him crying getting into a car. It seemed to me that he turned it on for the camera. I didn't get the impression he had been crying before the camera was in his face.

    Still, I'm on the fence about him.
    Me too awake. Me too. I think it is for a couple of reasons. One because I am most vocal while I am posting on the internet. By nature, I am an extremely reserved person and a long time ago I learned the lesson (in a very hard way, more than once because I was hard headed that way) that once a bell is rung it can't be unrung. So I hesitate to judge or point a finger unless I have absolute conviction within my gut and heart that someone is responsible, because as with our spoken words~ what is typed an posted on the internet can't be taken back.

    Secondly, I have yet to see any hard proof of his involvement. Sure, I can agree he's not a particularily nice guy. He's of the criminal element. In fact, I can go so far as to say, no way in hades, would I want to even get to know him. whatsoever.

    But I have to hold out for hard proof. That's just me. I have the hard proof I need for MC. She's guilty as all get out in my mind. No matter what the deed turns out to be...she is culpable and responsible.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    As soon as he used the word closure, I had suspected he was rehearsed.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    As soon as he used the word closure, I had suspected he was rehearsed.
    Yeah, that's a pretty big word for him, isn't it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges
    By MADJGNLAW in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 1345
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 01:14 AM
  2. Possible Plea Deal TPS
    By danisisa in forum Gabriel Johnson
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 02:25 PM