Gems from DOI:Paperback, Non-Charity Version

Show Me

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Get ready Michigan for the Ramsey media circus. A week after JonBenet's death the Ramseys (too choke up to talk to police) stage a media event at their Church.

Page 109:patsy (Emphasis-mine.)

When John and I awoke on Sunday morning, January 5, I felt like I couldn't possibly get out of bed. My entire body felt like lead. I didn't want to move, but John encouraged me with a cup of hot, black coffee. "We really ought to go to church this morning, " he said. Even though we knew the media would be waiting with their cameras, John felt we shouldn't let that keep us away. I slowly got up and started trying to get dressed for the worship service at St. John's Episcopal Church....

.....Near the end of the service, Father Rol spoke extemporaneously to the congregation. "As we leave today," he explained carefully, "there will be a good number of media people outside taking pictures. They will be watching us. If you want to show your support for this family, I would like you to line each side of the sidewalk leading to the parish hall and show our friends in the media what we thing of the Ramsey family. Let's show the world that we stand with them."

Unknown to the parishioners, Pat Korten, a media relations guy, had let the media know that we would attend chuch that day. He had been hired by our attorneys to answer the hundreds of media requests for information, which had started to clog their switchboard from day one. Pat made a deal with the media. "The Ramseys will walk out the front door of the church and give you plenty of time to video them. In return , you need to agree to leave them alone in the future." All was agreed to, but we later realized it was impossible to get a consensus agreement from a mob like that. Pat later told us, The media were going to be there anyway, scrambling for photos, so we might as well try to make it nonconfrontational."

Following the recessional hymn, John and I started toward the front door to go down the walk that would lead to the parish hall, where most of the congregation traditionally stopped for a cup of coffee and a few words of fellowship. Bishop Underwood led the way in front of us. We stopped at the top of the stairway leading from the church, knowing we were going to get caught on camera, but also knowing we had agreed to get caught.
------------------
Just a small sample of Ramsey/Media machine, coming to the Michigan voters.

Unknown to the congregation, the Ramsey's used the church, through their Public relations person.

edited for typos

I don't understand this part: John tells Patsy, the media shouldn't keep them from attending church. As in....the media is BAD, and BAD people shouldn't keep you from attending worship services.

Then we read on the next page, he and Patsy AGREED to get caught on camera! Well....which was it? We are going to church in spite of the media...or we are going to church because of the media.

Does this make sense?

No, it doesn't make sense. What pi$$es me off is that Father Rol allowed this to happen. Didn't he think that some members of the church might be offended to be used in this way? Especially, if that member felt like one or both the Ramsey's had something to do with the murder of their daughter.

It seems to me that the Ramsey's will use whatever and whomever they can when it fits their purposes. An example of this would be Patsy sending out a campaign letter asking for contributions, but saying she will be unable to call or visit with the contributor (sp) in person because she will be sick from her cancer treatment. Please note that I don't wish Patsy any ill health. I hope she beats the cancer this time, I just don't agree with the way she is using her illness to raise money for John's campaign.

great_tezi said:
I just don't agree with the way she is using her illness to raise money for John's campaign.

Yes! Its just as sickening as coming out and saying how you're using your murdered child as a "platform" to enter politics!

John needs to make up his mind. They are hounded by the media, etc., complain about it, and yet he uses JonBenet to his advantage in the campaign. Now he uses his wife's cancer to his advantage in the campaign.

Absolutely disgusting. Is he trying for the sympathy vote? He sure as hell isn't saying anything intelligent. Being the parent of a murdered child and the husband of a cancer victim should not win the election.

So far, he has said absolutely nothing that a voter can call concrete regarding what he will actually do to achieve anything he talks about.

Here's a man who couldn't and WOULDN'T work for 8 years that is promising jobs. He fails to mention that he preferred to be unemployed for 8 years rather than take any jobs "beneath" him, that this business "genius" also did not open a business of his own, with all his experience.

If he is voted in, Michigan deserves everything they get. I predict he will not make it past the primary. The friends I know in Michigan (although a different part of Michigan) are far from stupid and they hear JR is a laughing stock. They are not at all impressed and they don't even follow the case.

messiecake said:
Yes! Its just as sickening as coming out and saying how you're using your murdered child as a "platform" to enter politics!

You got it! I hope that the voters in Michigan can see what a scam artist that John Ramsey really is.... :furious:

They have proven once again that there is no level low enough that they won't stoop to.

Hah! Good one Barbara..."Here's a man who couldn't and WOULDN'T work for 8 years that is promising jobs. "

And part of his campaign slogan is 'his expericence to lead?'. Lead what? Michigan voters to the unemloyment line?

It seems to me Tez, Rol changed his mind later and regretted allowing the Ramsey's to manipulate them into a 'staged camera publicity shoot'...can't remember which book I read it in, but he naively thought it would be a quick shoot and then everyone would leave the Ramsey's and the church alone.

Messiecake...still waiting for John to explain how his 'my child was murdered' platform has to do with government business and why it qualifies him more than the other candidates.

great_tezi said:
Please note that I don't wish Patsy any ill health. I hope she beats the cancer this time, I just don't agree with the way she is using her illness to raise money for John's campaign.

So if the recipient takes offense that Patsy mentioned her cancer treatment in the same sentence as making a campaign contribution, they don't have to contribute. How many people contribute to a politician because they feel sorry for his wife?

More insight from DOI on John's character and intelligence.

page 165-166:

"An average person reading the newspaper got more from the police each day than we did. Their silence was deafening. Each day John and I hungered for some insight, some idea, some answer to what was going on downtown at police headquarters. Ninety days passed without any word."
---

John and Patsy live only miles from police headquarters and have access to a phone. YET neither one inquired of the BPD on the progress of their daughter's murder!!! Apparently the BPD had to contact them....as John and Patsy couldn't seem to make a phone call to the LE. Although Patsy drove herself to the police station to complain how the press was harrasing Pasta Jay when he was arrested.

You think Patsy could have asked....'How's the investigation going into the murder of my daughter?"

Can't remember where I read it on one of the forums, a poster-ACR? who listed all John's not-my-faults. It was a great post.

Sara Payne, mother of little murdered Sarah Payne visited the police station regularly in order to check on the progress of the murder enquiry, thank the investigators and primarily, to remind them of her existence lest the case fizzle out.

The police spoke highly of this courageous woman and the strength which she displayed. When the case was making little progress, she tried to boost their morale, urging them to keep going and not to give up hope.

They didn't let her down and when she gave a speech at a police convention after the killer's trial, she received a standing ovation.

I've often thought that the Ramseys could have been wonderful ambassadors for a "crimes against children" cause. They've done things all wrong really.

They should have co-operated with police
taken polygraphs
put up and MAINTAINED a website for the case
ensured JonBenet's memory was honoured fruitfully
and most importantly - tended her grave properly.

As it happens, they are seen to care only for themselves and how they have been treated (as a result of their own actions). I think they were worried that their fancy Atlanta friends would drop them if they were seen to be trundling down to the police station to help police with their enquiries. Now it seems the friends probably dropped them anyway when they became America's most hated couple. Perhaps John's bid for political power is his way of "showing" those people who dropped him.

For us long time followers of the case...this latest update on the campaign website makes me laugh!

http://www.supportramsey.com/default.asp?siteID=16

Last week John and Patsy Ramsey toured the district in the Strong Voice Express campaign bus and picked up strong support for the Ramsey message of a Strong Voice for Northern Michigan.

--------
Strong Voice Bus! Beware the rest of the world...the Ramsey's have started up the BUS again.

It is telling Jayelles, the Ramsey's think they can 'explain' away their lack of cooperation with the LE and FBI. When all the other parents of victims can't be KEPT away from the police station and are anxious to be polygraphed and interviewed to clear themselves.

John was too 'insulted' to take a poly... HIS feelings came before finding the killer of their daughter.

Show Me said:
For us long time followers of the case...this latest update on the campaign website makes me laugh!

http://www.supportramsey.com/default.asp?siteID=16

Last week John and Patsy Ramsey toured the district in the Strong Voice Express campaign bus and picked up strong support for the Ramsey message of a Strong Voice for Northern Michigan.

--------
Strong Voice Bus! Beware the rest of the world...the Ramsey's have started up the BUS again.

It is telling Jayelles, the Ramsey's think they can 'explain' away their lack of cooperation with the LE and FBI. When all the other parents of victims can't be KEPT away from the police station and are anxious to be polygraphed and interviewed to clear themselves.

John was too 'insulted' to take a poly... HIS feelings came before finding the killer of their daughter.

Oh no, not the bus!

Actually, for John's campaign it would be important to note how John feels about his own government's agencies. How he doesn't trust them. Now there's a platform for someone who wants to "serve his government". I think he should tell the public at large that he didn't trust the FBI

What a sham!

A little tidbit Barbara on what John thinks of his country. pages 378-389.

"The United States has become a country that is devaluing the concept of justice because of a growing number of unqualified and undertrained police who are too eager to make arrests, overzealous prosecutors who seek to win cases at any cost, and politicians who use a 'tough on crime' message to garner votes. Of course, the media is right in the thick of it, using the justice process as made-for-TV entertainment."

Then the Ramseys go on to whine how devasted they are the BPD refuses to consider the information from the Ramseys private investigators and lawyers. (Who's number one priority has always been to keep the two of them out of jail, John tells Patsy later in the book, not find JonBenet's killer like they claimed earlier.)

Are John and Patsy living in La-la land? WHY should the BPD meet with the very people who's number one mission is to keep them out of jail? It's totally absurd!

Patsy's premonitions of death that fateful Christmas season: pages 253-254

"In a strange and unexpected way, I had unconsiciously woven death into the fabric of our Christmas celebration, and, of course, couldn't have imagined in my wildest nightmare how that 1996 Christmas season would end for us. I couldn't help but feel that there had been a premonition in my selecting purple ribbon for our Christmas tree...."

(Patsy then gets the My Twinn doll ready for the tree...another death premonition.)
"..I lifted the lid slowly. The doll lay silently in the long white box with her eyes closed. For a split second, I had a horrible feeling. The beautiful doll with golden hair looked like JonBenet lying in a coffin! I was so shocked that I caught my breath. I had to blink several times. It was a momentary, but horrible, feeling...."

----

Why didn't Patsy see the doll as 'sleeping' instead of 'dead' in a coffin? I suppose it's common for young girls to be buried in a white coffin as I think JonBenet was.

I find Patsy's statements odd and creepy.

Patsy doesn't have the thought about the purple ribbon until Christmas 1997. As she says on p. 252: "In a way I did not recognize at the time..."

Most children don't sleep in a box and as Patsy goes on to say "The unexpected strangeness of the moment was disconcerting, but I dismissed my silly feelings..."

tipper said:
Patsy doesn't have the thought about the purple ribbon until Christmas 1997. As she says on p. 252: "In a way I did not recognize at the time..."

Most children don't sleep in a box and as Patsy goes on to say "The unexpected strangeness of the moment was disconcerting, but I dismissed my silly feelings..."
-----------

Correct Tipper, my point is Patsy admits she had premonitions of death. "IN A WAY I did not recognize at the time.." My feeling is she did, in a way, recognize death in the color purple, and in a way didn't. She subconciously wove death with the color purple.

"The unexpected strangeness of the moment was disconcerting, but I dismissed my silly feeling..." AFTER she imagined Jonbenet dead in the box. But she thought of a dead not sleeping JonBenet first. True children don't sleep in boxes, though they sleep in other rectangular shaped things like trundle beds, cribs, twin bed, etc.... Patsy's first thought of the doll, is a dead JonBenet.

This is what I find odd and creepy. I've never heard or thought of a doll for either of my own daughters ever looked 'dead' in a box!

Show Me said:
Patsy's premonitions of death that fateful Christmas season: pages 253-254

"In a strange and unexpected way, I had unconsiciously woven death into the fabric of our Christmas celebration, and, of course, couldn't have imagined in my wildest nightmare how that 1996 Christmas season would end for us. I couldn't help but feel that there had been a premonition in my selecting purple ribbon for our Christmas tree...."

(Patsy then gets the My Twinn doll ready for the tree...another death premonition.)
"..I lifted the lid slowly. The doll lay silently in the long white box with her eyes closed. For a split second, I had a horrible feeling. The beautiful doll with golden hair looked like JonBenet lying in a coffin! I was so shocked that I caught my breath. I had to blink several times. It was a momentary, but horrible, feeling...."

----

Why didn't Patsy see the doll as 'sleeping' instead of 'dead' in a coffin? I suppose it's common for young girls to be buried in a white coffin as I think JonBenet was.

I find Patsy's statements odd and creepy.

Patsy is very melodramatic. How do you remember that you "blinked several times?" Give me a break.

Show Me said:
This is what I find odd and creepy. I've never heard or thought of a doll for either of my own daughters ever looked 'dead' in a box!
Odd and creepy indeed, but it fits. Patsy used JonBenet as if she were a living doll... played dress-up with her, re-lived her pageant glory through her... JonBenet WAS Patsy's doll.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back