1607 users online (333 members and 1274 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry AR - Fire chief shot by cop in Ark. court over tickets

JERICHO, Ark. It was just too much, having to return to court twice on the same day to contest yet another traffic ticket, and Fire Chief Don Payne didn't hesitate to tell the judge what he thought of the police and their speed traps.

The response from cops? They shot him. Right there in court.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090903/...hot_in_court_1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Whooooow. This town has been terrorized by the "police". All of those "police" need to meet the GP in a prison for the rest of their lives.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

DogMom2JoeAndWillie is offline Real chemists do it in the hood....and periodically on the table.
    HAHA, hilarious! Marion is the County seat and where I went to high school/grew up. The smaller towns in the area (Sunset, Jericho, etc.) have always been bad about this type of thing. I got pulled over outside of Jericho once and was told that I had a headlight out....I got out of the car to check and BOTH MY HEADLIGHTS WERE WORKING! Needless to say I HAULED A$$ to Marion City Hall and found me a REAL police officer ASAP.

7 police officers for 174 residents?

He was outnumbered 7-1 and was shot from BEHIND! In front of a judge!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    JERICHO, Ark. – It was just too much, having to return to court twice on the same day to contest yet another traffic ticket, and Fire Chief Don Payne didn't hesitate to tell the judge what he thought of the police and their speed traps.

The response from cops? They shot him. Right there in court.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090903/...hot_in_court_1
    Oh my God! I'm speechless and that's rare.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I'm glad the Fire Chief is okay. What gets me is ALL 7 police officers were at his hearing??!!!! And one of the local's in the article says he got a speeding ticket in his driveway (58 mph)! I think that's what he said! (the local was referring to himself.)

Wow this Police Department really needs an overhaul. Can't believe a cop pulled out a gun and shot the Fire Chief.

In my town cops & fire dept are friends. They wouldn't likely give the Fire Chief a ticket, let alone shoot him.
    Last edited by bogeygal; 09-03-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: edited

Sounds to me the cops needs to be in jail. did they arrest the cop that shot him? I didn't see if they did or not. It is really sad when a cop lets their job go to their head or in this case a whole town on cops. Sad Sad

So, we're not talking a Mayberry here, are we... That's all I've got. Unbelievable.
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Sounds like there's some corruption going on somewhere in that town.

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anas Nin
    The judge resigned, if I remember correctly...there's definitely a major problem if they 1. Knew the guy was unarmed because of security/metal screenings and 2. No one's life was in danger...and one of the officials said "He didn't remember who shot"....Please. This stinks.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryLife View Post
    So, we're not talking a Mayberry here, are we... That's all I've got. Unbelievable.
    It's Mayberry's evil twin.

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryLife View Post
    Nah, in Mayberry Barney would have had to take the bullet out of his pocket first. Andy is too nice to give them a ticket in the first place.

I'm in a wedding in Mayberry next weekend.
    "The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinensen

Remember when Mississippi seemed the most hopelessly backward state?

Mississippi should send a letter of thanks to Arkansas.

Not Alabama but Sweet Home just the same , SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Remember when Mississippi seemed the most hopelessly backward state?

Mississippi should send a letter of thanks to Arkansas.
    We in Alabama always have said thank God for Mississippi I guess now it Should be Thank God for Arkansas! I am from a small town in Alabama and now live in a small own in SC and I can tell you that there are a lot of things tat happen that would never happen in big cities. The court system is like kangaroo court and they are pretty much gonna find you guilty of whatever the offense regardless of whether or not it is even plausible because the really need the money that your conviction allows. However this is the most extreme cae I have ever seen Alot of small towns where I from that have less than 200 people are either only sevred by the sherrifs dept or consist of maybe 1 full time and 1 part time officer . This town has 1 police officer for every 25 residents and that is insane!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast