751 users online (92 members and 659 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Another Victim Has Come Forward

Per HLN. A woman has come forward and said that Garrido raped her back in 1972. She was 14 years old at the time. She & her friend were at the libarary when Garrido and an unknown male approached them. She got into a car with him and was giving a drug they then went to a hotel where she was raped repeatedly by Garrido. I am not sure what happend to the friend other than she knew this meeting was going take place.
    Last edited by WillenFan21; 09-03-2009 at 04:42 PM.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...69568#32669892

very good Today show video segment on the 1972 rape

A few more shocking similarities to other known cases associated with Garrido:
    1) drugs were given to the girl
    2) alcohol was given to the girl
    3) she was assaulted "multiple times" (like a frenzy similar to that of K)
    4) part of the assault (the drugs and alcohol part) took place in a SHED

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Not saying that this is the case, But BEWARE of people who want there 15 minutes of fame. Until we have solid evidience that there are more victims then just be cautious!
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

UGHHH. Multiple thread syndrome. I just posted this in the new "presser" thread. Copied and re-posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Looks like a presser is going on
    Antioch police hold briefing on Jaycee Dugard case
    Watch Now: Live on CNN.com

Antioch police are holding it? Primary LE agencies involved are the Sheriff's Office (house in unincorporated area of Antioch), Pittsburg PD (adult murders, where Lisa was found), and the FBI, as I understand it.

Edited to add: HLN news said that Antioch Lieutenant Leonard Orman advised Garrido was involved in the 1972 rape of an Antioch woman, thus filling in another piece of this monster's life. The then 21 year old picked up two 14-year old girls, took them on a joy ride around Antioch, then brought him to his house, where they partied in a shed in the backyard and he gave them drugs. Then he took one of them to a nearby motel, where she says he sexually assaulted her multiple times, Orman said.

Note from me: The Antioch Public Library is at 501 West 18th Street, across from what was then Antioch Junior High School (now Antioch Middle School) and down the street from Antioch Senior High School.

The two motels are also on 18th Street, across the street from each other, and nearer to his (future??) house on Walnut Avenue.

Link: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...-56922542.html

Edited to add: according to public records a WS'er posted here, Garrido's mother and step-father purchased the home at 1554 Walnut Avenue, Antioch in 1979. So where was Garrido living in 1972 that also had a shed?
    Last edited by Californian; 09-03-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: added: (future??)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybass0711 View Post
    Not saying that this is the case, But BEWARE of people who want there 15 minutes of fame. Until we have solid evidience that there are more victims then just be cautious!
    Antioch PD has the records from the 1972 case. It's not a woman trying to get her name in the spotlight.

Link: http://www.news10.net/news/story.asp...=66304&catid=2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybass0711 View Post
    lady,
    look up ^^^ watch the msnbc interview with the officer on the 14 year old girl from the library

Exclamation he had been ARRESTED for this rape!

Antioch police say kidnapping suspect Phillip Garrido was arrested in 1972 on suspicion of raping a 14-year-old girl.
    Orman says Garrido gave the girl barbiturates and took her to a motel, where she was given more drugs. He says the girl awoke there and was repeatedly raped and sexually assaulted.
    Authorities say Garrido was set to be prosecuted in the case but the charges were later dropped when the victim refused to testify.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...aAc7wD9AG30IG0

I just don't get it? The law should be (she was a minor) that the state would still file charges. Unfortunately, there will be many more of these stories to follow.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

I agree, there should be a law but there isn't. Rape victims have the right (regardless of age) to testify or to choose not to. When our children's rape case came to trial, our children testified (with our support) and two other unrelated child victims testified. However, two children did NOT testify as their parents thought it would be too traumatic for them. The children ranged from 4-12 at the time of the rapes and almost all have special needs.

You know, I just could not understand the parents' position at the time but I have to say I'm more understanding now. Our family has gone through total he!! with the investigation, the trial, the appeal, the supreme court case, the post conviction relief trial, the plea for clemency, and the constant media attention--eleven years and counting. My children suffered greatly beyond the original abuse. Our whole family has suffered but the system worked for us. Our rapist was imprisoned for ten years!! I wouldn't want anyone to give me that choice to make again knowing what I know now. It's been horrific.

We just can't judge the child or her parents for the choice they made. JMO

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Remember - this happened in 1972. Back then - when women were raped and they testified - they were "ripped apart" on the stand! It was horrific. Defense attorneys would criticize what they were wearing, they were "asking for it", they were asked how manay other boyfriends they had - how times they had "sex". It was a terrible terrible thing to go through. With this girl only being 14 I'm sure her parents didn't want to traumatize her any more. And believe me - she left with him (willingly) - drugs were involved --- it would have been devistating for her to testify BACK THEN - things have changed since then.

ITA.. not to mention the fact that the girl and her friend (there were two girls) went to meet Garrido and his friend at the library (they planned to meet there)... back in the day for a rape case...well... let's just say that we have come a long way since then! Back then if you had on suggestive clothing it could have been considered "your fault" and not the perps.

Many rape cases go unprosecuted

Unfortunately even in this day and age rape is not a crime which gets prosecuted very often. It is often plead down to lesser charges. Which is very wrong.

The rape kits alone take months to process and if they get them back the cases are costly and often take such a hard toll on the victim they'll back out. Without the victim's testimony the DA's often won't prosecute.

I wonder if he could still be prosecuted on any of the old charges? Or maybe a civil suit. I don't know the laws in CA but in IL there's no statute of limitations on rape.

I've heard from Robin Sax the sex crimes laws are better in CA.
    *My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I agree with what John Douglas said in his book Law and Disorder:

"Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."

You know what. I am not balaming the victim in this case at all. Like many have said back then the victims got ripped. With that said I wish she would have.Maybe Jaycee and others would not have to go through the ordeals they are going through everyday
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

Arrow the 14 year old has been interviewed by LE

Lt. Leonard Orman said from limited records remaining of the 37-year-old case and a new interview with the victim, police know she was at the Antioch public library in April, 1972 with a friend when they met Garrido and another man whose identity she did not recall.

The victim told police investigators she got in a car with Garrido and was given barbiturates. Orman said the victim said she ended up at a motel on East 18th Street with Garrido and was given more drugs.

"(She) basically awoke, found herself there and was repeatedly raped and sexually assaulted at that time," Orman said.

The girl's parents found her at the motel and called Antioch police. Officers arrested Garrido then or shortly thereafter, Orman said.
    http://www.rgj.com/article/20090903/...3035/1321/news

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast