Patsy's Campaign Letter

Barbara

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A thank you to Watching You at FFJ

Letter from Patsy, June 16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.supportramsey.com/default.asp?siteID=16

Letter from Patsy
June 16th Letter
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

June 16th, 2004

Dear Family & Friends,

I hope all is well with you.

I am writing you today to update you on my health status and talk a little about John’s campaign. This past weekend I participated in the national Relay for Life Cancer benefit in Cheboygan, MI. It was a wonderful experience in a community that we have been spending a great deal of time in.

As you know, I am celebrating eleven years as a survivor and praying for many more. With regard to this tough battle, two weeks ago I took Chemotherapy #4 and had a severe adverse reaction. Today I will take treatment #5 in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital so that I can be closely monitored. The good news is that I am responding very well to the chemotherapy and the tumor is shrinking! We are praising God for that!

The bad news is that I will be unable to assist with the campaign while I am in the hospital. In light of the fact that I have to deal with the aftermath of two more chemo treatments, I won’t be able to physically handle all the things I’ve been doing for John’s campaign lately – like going door-to-door, handing out literature in parades, and most importantly, fundraising.

So… I NEED YOUR HELP !

Because of our unique situation, we have to do a significant amount media in order to get our message out and correct past misperceptions. We are currently ahead in the most recent poll that was run, but we are expecting one of our opponents to be very negative in his campaign tactics. In order to fight this, it requires a great deal of fundraising effort. The Primary Election is seven weeks from today, therefore we need help from supporters such as you. And we need your help now. Your contributions will help us pay for important television, radio, and direct mail advertising.

Thank you very much to the numerous people who have donated so far, both online and in the mail. Your support is appreciated in this critical time.

If you have not yet helped us in this important effort, or have not yet sent the maximum of $500 per person, please help by making an online donation to the Friends to Elect Ramsey by clicking here. If you prefer, you can send as big a check as possible to: Friends to Elect John Ramsey – 106 W. Carpenter St., Charlevoix, MI 49720.

I simply can’t be everywhere and I am not going to be able to spend time on the telephone talking with each of your while I am in chemotherapy. But we need to help John so I’m counting on YOU!

Thank you for your prayers and your financial support. I’ll let you know how the next two chemos go. God bless.

Love,

Patsy

There is so much to discuss, I'm not sure where to begin, but first I have a question:

With all their financial woes, how in the world did they afford the very nice motor home they are riding around Michigan in?

What is John doing while Patsy "can't" help in the campaign? Seems like Patsy was doing everything and John is doing................................?????

Notice how Patsy states that she will be "closely monitored"?

Like John in the Jon Benet Foundation interview, notice how both of them seem to discount small contributions. He dismissed it like the beer can collectors that we are and she has the nerve to all but ask for the MAXIMUM $500. Not a sentence to state that every little bit helps. I guess they're above it all.

Just a few..........

Barbara said:
Like John in the Jon Benet Foundation interview, notice how both of them seem to discount small contributions. He dismissed it like the beer can collectors that we are and she has the nerve to all but ask for the MAXIMUM $500. Not a sentence to state that every little bit helps. I guess they're above it all.

Most candidates for lower political offices, such as the one that John is running for, primarily finance their campaigns out of their own pockets. Contributions trickle in, but if you don't already have the bucks in the bank to start with then the campaign will usually lack sufficient funds.

So where are the funds the Ramseys were supposed to have gotten in the lawsuit settlements? It tells me they didn't get any money from those settlements.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
Most candidates for lower political offices, such as the one that John is running for, primarily finance their campaigns out of their own pockets. Contributions trickle in, but if you don't already have the bucks in the bank to start with then the campaign will usually lack sufficient funds.

So where are the funds the Ramseys were supposed to have gotten in the lawsuit settlements? It tells me they didn't get any money from those settlements.

JMO

Isn't the Thomas lawsuit the only one the Ramseys fought for themselves? They couldn't exactly touch Burke's money for John's political campaign.

Jayelles said:
Isn't the Thomas lawsuit the only one the Ramseys fought for themselves? They couldn't exactly touch Burke's money for John's political campaign.

Lets put it this way..........they SHOULDN'T use "Burke's money" for the campaign but unless its in a trust with clear instructions that only Burke may touch it (when he reaches a certain age) they can (and prob. did) and could get away with it if they were/are cosigners on the account or the sole guardians of the account.

I wouldnt put it past them to "borrow" from Burke's account at all.

messiecake said:
Lets put it this way..........they SHOULDN'T use "Burke's money" for the campaign but unless its in a trust with clear instructions that only Burke may touch it (when he reaches a certain age) they can (and prob. did) and could get away with it if they were/are cosigners on the account or the sole guardians of the account.

I wouldnt put it past them to "borrow" from Burke's account at all.

Monies that are granted to an underaged child are in a trust to be used for the child. However, that money can be petitioned to pay for a "lifestyle" that he has been accustomed to. That can include a big house, private school, extracurricular activities, vacations, etc. If it is shown that Burke always took vacations, always lived in a big house, etc. they can use the money to keep him in that lifestyle.

I wonder if Burke was accustomed to a really nice, fully equipped and furnished motor home. After all, the Ramseys need money and they couldn't possibly have been able to afford it themselves.

Barbara said:
Monies that are granted to an underaged child are in a trust to be used for the child. However, that money can be petitioned to pay for a "lifestyle" that he has been accustomed to. That can include a big house, private school, extracurricular activities, vacations, etc. If it is shown that Burke always took vacations, always lived in a big house, etc. they can use the money to keep him in that lifestyle.

I wonder if Burke was accustomed to a really nice, fully equipped and furnished motor home. After all, the Ramseys need money and they couldn't possibly have been able to afford it themselves.

Burke probably hasn't set foot in that nice furnished motor home....

Maybe they paid for it with the extra money they got (if in fact they got any) when they sold their home in Atlanta to move to Michigan...Yeah, I doubt it too.

"We are praising God for that." - PR

Competent, educated, dedicated humans do things for Patsy and she concludes supernatural beings are sustaining her life.

"Art and religion first, then philosophy; lastly science. That is the order of the great subjects of life, That's their order of importance." - TPOMJB

The Ramsey's are always starting things and never finishing them...or pushing them off on other people.

JBR foundation, SHOES, campaigns.....

Show Me said:
The Ramsey's are always starting things and never finishing them...or pushing them off on other people.

JBR foundation, SHOES, campaigns.....

You forgot solving their daughter's murder...........

Great thread!

I found it interesting how she mentions that fundraising was the 'most important' thing she is doing, above the door to door greeting and handing out literature at parades.... Shouldn't John's message reaching the people be the most important thing here?? Funny how money takes priority with them yet again!

Also, notice how 'I NEED YOUR HELP' is all in uppercase, curious it's not 'we' or 'John' or John and I' ...... she says "I" need your help AND it's emphasized.

She opens the letter with I'm going to update you on my health and "a little bit" about John....

This letter shouts ME ME ME!!

And I say "Yes Patsy, I know it's you".

Jubie

jubie said:
Great thread!

I found it interesting how she mentions that fundraising was the 'most important' thing she is doing, above the door to door greeting and handing out literature at parades.... Shouldn't John's message reaching the people be the most important thing here?? Funny how money takes priority with them yet again!

Also, notice how 'I NEED YOUR HELP' is all in uppercase, curious it's not 'we' or 'John' or John and I' ...... she says "I" need your help AND it's emphasized.

She opens the letter with I'm going to update you on my health and "a little bit" about John....

This letter shouts ME ME ME!!

And I say "Yes Patsy, I know it's you".

Jubie

Wow...great insight Jubie. What did happen to 'we'? Is Patsy pushing John to run for office? Gotta find a job for John?

I am surprised she didn't ask for $118,000. for John's campaign. :dance:

Sorry, I know it is tacky for me to mention it, but am I the only one to hear dollar signs?

Letter from Patsy
June 16th Letter
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

June 16th, 2004

Dear Family & Friends,

I hope all is well with you.

I am writing you today to update you on my health status and talk a little about John’s campaign.

A campaign letter that updates the voters on Patsy's health and talks A LITTLE about John's campaign????????????/

This past weekend I participated in the national Relay for Life Cancer benefit in Cheboygan, MI. It was a wonderful experience in a community that we have been spending a great deal of time in.

"I" participated in the National Relay for Life Cancer benefit?
Where was John? What kind of candidate doesn't show up for something like that when he is using his wife's health for sympathy votes and money

As you know, I am celebrating eleven years as a survivor and praying for many more. With regard to this tough battle, two weeks ago I took Chemotherapy #4 and had a severe adverse reaction. Today I will take treatment #5 in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital so that I can be closely monitored. The good news is that I am responding very well to the chemotherapy and the tumor is shrinking! We are praising God for that!

While this is important for Patsy and her IMMEDIATE family, the voters are not interested as an agenda for voting. This is totally inappropriate. Let's also remember that this may be an area where physicians and other medical people reside. What about thanking your DOCTORS?????

The bad news is that I will be unable to assist with the campaign while I am in the hospital.

Bad news for whom? Let's remember they are trying to get money from voters who want to know who they are voting for, not what Patsy can or cannot do. This is really poor skills at its best. As a voter or contributor, I am thinking: "okay, so John or other supporters will do it" no?

In light of the fact that I have to deal with the aftermath of two more chemo treatments, I won’t be able to physically handle all the things I’ve been doing for John’s campaign lately – like going door-to-door, handing out literature in parades, and most importantly, fundraising.

As a voter/contributor I am thinking: I don't want Patsy door to door, I want John door to door so I can ask him what he will do when in office. Again, where are the others who CAN go door to door? Is this beneath John to do without Patsy? Obviously

So… I NEED YOUR HELP !

"I ned your help????

Because of our unique situation, we have to do a significant amount media in order to get our message out and correct past misperceptions.

If they are not playing the JBR card or the Cancer card, why is their situation any more unique than any other candidate? What past misperceptions????

We are currently ahead in the most recent poll that was run, but we are expecting one of our opponents to be very negative in his campaign tactics.

What poll? An opponent to be negative in campaign tactics? :eek: Yeah, that's unique

In order to fight this, it requires a great deal of fundraising effort

You fight negative tactics with money? How about saying something meaningful to fight negative tactics? Way over the Ramsey mindset! Money has been their cure for everything so far. They can sit down and answer questions from the voters, but that would require giving honest answers, so I guess money is the only cure.

The Primary Election is seven weeks from today, therefore we need help from supporters such as you. And we need your help now. Your contributions will help us pay for important television, radio, and direct mail advertising.

Now it's back to "WE"

Thank you very much to the numerous people who have donated so far, both online and in the mail. Your support is appreciated in this critical time

What makes it "critical"?

If you have not yet helped us in this important effort, or have not yet sent the maximum of $500 per person, ......

Most ordinary citizens don't contribute $500 for presidential elections, let alone for this type of campaign, but more important, she is asking for no LESS than $500 The nerve!

please help by making an online donation to the Friends to Elect Ramsey by clicking here. If you prefer, you can send as big a check as possible to: Friends to Elect John Ramsey – 106 W. Carpenter St., Charlevoix, MI 49720.

Where are all these "friends" to take up the slack while she is in treatment? Either they are friends and supporters or they're not! No reason why they all can't go door to door.

I simply can’t be everywhere and I am not going to be able to spend time on the telephone talking with each of your while I am in chemotherapy. But we need to help John so I’m counting on YOU!

Once again, it's all about her. The jist of the letter is that if she can't do these things, they just won't get done at all. Everything is to help JOHN

Thank you for your prayers and your financial support. I’ll let you know how the next two chemos go. God bless.

The voters have their own problems and they want to know who is going to represent them and HOW. They don't want a follow up letter to find out how the chemo goes.

Love,

Patsy

How inappropriate and unprofessional to sign a campaign letter "love"

If I were a voter in Michigan, this letter would tell me nothing more than John is a lazy bum who hasn't worked in 8 years, has no current full time job and if his cancer stricken wife can't work for him, nothing will get done without my money. Yeah, that's the guy I wanna vote for.

What a disgrace and a joke!

gretchen said:
I am surprised she didn't ask for $118,000. for John's campaign. :dance:

Sorry, I know it is tacky for me to mention it, but am I the only one to hear dollar signs?

HAHAHAHAH...Gretchen too funny!

Barbara...we can only imagine what the voters of Michigan are thinking! Hope they don't accidently elect Patsy instead of John.

The whole letter is inappropriate for a political campaign. Really John should try to get a job as a fund raiser and forget politics. Oh wait...that won't work, look what he did with the JonBenet Ramsey foundation and SHOES.

Excellent post (as usual) Barbara!

My favorite Patsy line was the subtle:

"If you prefer, you can send as big of a check as possible to: Friends to Elect John Ramsey..........." AS BIG AS OF A CHECK POSSIBLE??? :sick:

Is that some sort of subliminal mind trick or what???? SHEESH!!!!!!!!

For crying out loud

The woman is stating in no uncertain terms that she is medically fragile enough to require ICU and no mention of John going with her to make him so unavailable to pick up the slack. At least that would answer the questions as to why nothing will get done while she's gone

Not only are they obnoxious and full of themselves, they are also stupid

Barbara said:
As a voter/contributor I am thinking: I don't want Patsy door to door, I want John door to door so I can ask him what he will do when in office. Again, where are the others who CAN go door to door? Is this beneath John to do without Patsy? Obviously

If I were a voter in Michigan, this letter would tell me nothing more than John is a lazy bum who hasn't worked in 8 years, has no current full time job and if his cancer stricken wife can't work for him, nothing will get done without my money. Yeah, that's the guy I wanna vote for.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Excellent post, Barbara

Y'know, I'm really thinking Patsy is the one who should be running. For office, I mean.

A thought occurs to me, maybe even an epiphany: Patsy was always the power behind the John... that is, Patsy and her father. Without them, John Ramsey would've accomplished nothing, kinda like he's been doing the past eight years.

I wonder if John wasn't involved in the crime yet jumped in to help stage simply because without Patsy he's a helpless loser. Could it be that simple? Hmmm. I don't know. I just can't get past: what was he so sorry for? WHAT? BrotherMoon, Why_Nutt, other PDI-alone theorists... what do you think that means?

Britt said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Excellent post, Barbara

Y'know, I'm really thinking Patsy is the one who should be running. For office, I mean.

A thought occurs to me, maybe even an epiphany: Patsy was always the power behind the John... that is, Patsy and her father. Without them, John Ramsey would've accomplished nothing, kinda like he's been doing the past eight years.

I wonder if John wasn't involved in the crime yet jumped in to help stage simply because without Patsy he's a helpless loser. Could it be that simple? Hmmm. I don't know. I just can't get past: what was he so sorry for? WHAT? BrotherMoon, Why_Nutt, other PDI-alone theorists... what do you think that means?

Thanks Britt

Seems that you are right. His business success was due to Patsy and Grandpa Paugh (still curious about him). Now his whole political campaign hinges on Patsy's health and ability to do all the work.

PATSY BY JOHN'S OWN ADMISSION IN DOI ENDED HIS AFFAIR FOR HIM

What are his accomplishments all by himself??????

This is the most ironic part for me; here is a man unemployed for YEARS who touts himself as this brilliant, successful business man, who wants to create jobs.

I would love to ask him how he can do this for others when he couldn't do it for himself

What a jerk!

Don Paugh has always been around to bail John out...now it's 'Up to you Patsy'. Me thinks Patsy's dad is truly retire and wants nothing to do with the campaign. John's on his own... well he does have Patsy.

The vote for me sympathy vote is not going to work. John had better come up with some hard answers in reguard to creating jobs. How? What exactly is he going to do? Where will he get the money? Who is qualified to help with the project? What resources are currently available and which are lacking? Will the resulting jobs create more taxes? Will they return money back into the communities? If so, what parts of the communitities will benefit? Schools? Roads? Water systems? The Summer people? Natural resource preservation? And so on.....
-------
ALL I've gotten from the Ramsey campaign info are the following points:

We have a unique situation and require ten times the normal amount of campaign contributions. Send money.

Patsy has cancer and here's the latest detailed update. (While I'm sorry Patsy has cancer, what the heck does it have to do with politics?) Send money...$500 dollars if you can.

Though not officially cleared of the murder of our daughter...this somehow qualifies John, more than the other candidates. Send money. (How on earth does this make John more qualified?)

Does anyone see any other candidate, for example, saying: My family member was run over by a drunk driver. Therefore because of my unique situation I am more qualified to run as your representative in Congress.

Hi, It's So and So's wife,

I am in the hospital having a breast removed, here's my latest detailed health progress. Send money. We got to help hubby win.

Love you all,
Mrs. So and so

The letter was different than most campaign literature. It was personal while most solicitations for contributions follow a set formula. Something like: You love America, right. Just look at what the (democrats) (republicans) are doing. They must be stopped, etc. What if the letters said they needed contributions so that they could run attack ads. Would people give more then? At least Patsy intimated that they would be defending against negative campaigning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back