Thread: Huckaby tried to harm herself in jail

Huckaby tried to harm herself in jail

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_13262766

STOCKTON Melissa Huckaby acted strangely and apparently tried to harm herself in the days leading up to her last court appearance, San Joaquin County Court records show.

The 28-year-old Tracy woman is accused of kidnapping, raping and killing Sandra Cantu, her 8-year-old neighbor, and drugging two other people in cases unrelated to Sandra's. Huckaby, whose 5-year-old daughter was Sandra's playmate, is being held without bail at the San Joaquin County Jail.

Jail records in Huckaby's court file said that two days before her most recent court hearing on Aug. 17, Huckaby was found hiding behind the mattress in her cell with a blanket tied around her neck. She was taken to the safety cell, the records showed, and later that day she refused to eat dinner.

On Aug. 12, a deputy reported seeing Huckaby sitting next to her bed with a trash can. When asked what was wrong Huckaby replied, "I took pills."

She was taken by ambulance for treatment. That incident took place about an hour and half after she was found lying on the floor in her cell. She told the deputy that she had felt dizzy and passed out. Huckaby was checked by a nurse, and psychiatric staff was called to the scene.

Huckaby had two unexplained scratches on her forehead when she showed up Aug. 17 to hear the five-count indictment against her. Deputy District Attorney Thomas Testa asked the judge during that hearing to order Huckaby to attend all her court hearings.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

I bet she's a handful to supervise. I also think a lot of this is because she doesn't want to face the consequences of her actions.

I understand she might have some underlying mental illness but she was functioning just fine when she was giving interviews to the media while the search for Sandra was ongoing.

I have very little sympathy for her, she made her bed she needs to cut the antics out and woman up.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_13262766

STOCKTON Melissa Huckaby acted strangely and apparently tried to harm herself in the days leading up to her last court appearance, San Joaquin County Court records show.

The 28-year-old Tracy woman is accused of kidnapping, raping and killing Sandra Cantu, her 8-year-old neighbor, and drugging two other people in cases unrelated to Sandra's. Huckaby, whose 5-year-old daughter was Sandra's playmate, is being held without bail at the San Joaquin County Jail.

Jail records in Huckaby's court file said that two days before her most recent court hearing on Aug. 17, Huckaby was found hiding behind the mattress in her cell with a blanket tied around her neck. She was taken to the safety cell, the records showed, and later that day she refused to eat dinner.

On Aug. 12, a deputy reported seeing Huckaby sitting next to her bed with a trash can. When asked what was wrong Huckaby replied, "I took pills."

She was taken by ambulance for treatment. That incident took place about an hour and half after she was found lying on the floor in her cell. She told the deputy that she had felt dizzy and passed out. Huckaby was checked by a nurse, and psychiatric staff was called to the scene.

Huckaby had two unexplained scratches on her forehead when she showed up Aug. 17 to hear the five-count indictment against her. Deputy District Attorney Thomas Testa asked the judge during that hearing to order Huckaby to attend all her court hearings.
    I have no sympathy for Melissa and her histrionics... None, zilch, nada...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Harmony2 For This Useful Post:

I have no sympathy either, Harmony. She is a waste of space IMO
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gogrannypop For This Useful Post:

all of her "attempts" are so contrived and lame. if you're gonna kill yourself, do it already and stop playing attention games...like someone above said, i bet she is a nightmare to supervise at the jail...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joga For This Useful Post:

Another article for this thread started by JoefromLB (thanks joe)

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime...erself-in-jail

September 8, 3:31 PM

Nothing new reported that I saw. Just another article.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

This person is a nut job. I know we've gone round and round about what her problem is, but she really shows traits to me of attention seekers that don't mind harming others to get what they think they need. Munchausen's types. Lot's of "failed suicide" attempts, crying rape, setting fires, sickly kid (who is apparently doing well now?), etc. They don't really want to die, they just want the attention. I'm sure she has a host of other issues to boot but I'm sick of it all. Why are these crazies always sane enough to know not to hurt themselves too badly and to hide what they've done when they act on their sick desires and seriously harm another?
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Gitana!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nora Charles For This Useful Post:

The only one's I feel bad for are Sandra's family. Screw you MH!

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arielilane For This Useful Post: