812 users online (90 members and 722 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
    I don't think Hasanni was killed at home. If he was, I think there would have been evidence and the dog would have hit.

"This dog is trained to find human scent of both alive and dead," said Rhonda Dyer of the Search and Rescue team. "We searched the home here and the area around it."

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20353090/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    BBM --

The pics I saw of the car, I didn't see the back window, but the side and front weren't tinted, so I would assume (eek!) the back wasn't, either. That's why I was thinking someone must've saw in the car sometime that afternoon when Hasanni was supposed to be in there.

LR stating about not taking the kids to the bank has always stuck out to me for some reason. Maybe he's just trying to stay ahead of everything -- knowing he would've been seen on camera and asked about it. BUT seems to me when people offer up info on something not asked about, it means something.
    I just have to say - out of the cases I follow, this one has the least info available. Not sure what to think about that. Everything seems to be a dead end. Even JC and LR's pasts. Very odd.
    Colour added to Yellow's great post by me....

Most civilians (not security or LE) expect a bank to have security cameras. Perhaps Mr Ross remembered that banks would have cameras, knew that the children wouldn't be on film, so confessed to leaving them at home.

Was this a way to avoid further questions about the whereabouts of the children? Sometimes a perp will cough up info on a lesser crime to avoid looking guilty for a more serious transgression.

I wonder if LE has Mr Ross on other security tapes, with or without Hasanni? Perhaps tapes from video cameras where Mr Ross might not expect cameras to be. Some people would be amazed by just how often their image is recorded each day without them noticing.
    JMO

This photo was posted by Shutterfly. Windows do not look tinted and if the camera had side shot of car, you'd be able to tell who was in back seat IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    This photo was posted by Shutterfly. Windows do not look tinted and if the camera had side shot of car, you'd be able to tell who was in back seat IMO.

They don't look tinted (if so, very little). If you look at some cars (from the factory) from the side back angle that this photo is taken from, the back windows look nearly black (the tint). We've never owned a BMW, so I can't give a "for sure" statement, but these windows don't look as though they are tinted darkly, IMO. (In the photo, you can see through the back windows, clear through, to the windshield, in the cars we've had, you can't do that.)

This one might be better

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

I wonder if LR didn't call JC because his phone would have pinged from the wrong direction and he'd have to explain where he'd been and why he was coming from the direction he was ...

ETA: Now I'm not sure. In reading more, they both had iPhones which have SIM cards which are always "on" and so he'd be tracked no matter what?

Or just if he used it?

I hope DoobieDoo can explain this ... works for phone company according to Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA-Oakland - 5 year old - Hasanni Campbell - Missing Since 8/10/09 - THREAD #3
    Last edited by KateB; 04-27-2015 at 12:08 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    I wonder if LR didn't call JC because his phone would have pinged from the wrong direction and he'd have to explain where he'd been and why he was coming from the direction he was ...

ETA: Now I'm not sure. In reading more, they both had iPhones which have SIM cards which are always "on" and so he'd be tracked no matter what?

Or just if he used it?

I hope DoobieDoo can explain this ... works for phone company according to Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA-Oakland - 5 year old - Hasanni Campbell - Missing Since 8/10/09 - THREAD #3
    Hi noway-- SIM cards are still only "on" if they are powered as in a phone that is on. When I turn my phone off-even tho it has a SIM--I would not be receiving any pings Any calls to me would be forwarded to the "home base" so to speak--my carrier's database and I would have to retrieve them from there once my phone was powered up again.

A little more on SIM cards---the SIM simply stands for subscriber identity module. All it does is identify you to the proper network in the area you are using your phone. Say your battery goes dead & your friend has a phone with SIM also--you can put your SIM in their phone to make a call and it will be recorded as a call made by you and not them. For awhile I had 2 phones because I got a free one at a seminar I attended. All I had to do was move the SIM back and forth in order to use both. The pings normally come and go from the phone itself and not the SIM. It is simply looking for an acceptable network to use. I hope this isn't as clear as mud lol.

I wonder if LR knew all that. Fingers crossed that he had his phone on.

Exclamation Thread #3

No one is in here right now, so it seemed like a good time to open a new general thread.

Please continue the conversation here:

CA - Hasanni Campbell - General Case Discussion - Thread #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-27-2015 at 12:08 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38