729 users online (84 members and 645 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Jaime Martinez for sexually abusing young relatives, Buena Park, 2006

Not a good time to be a molester in CA.
    SANTA ANA A Buena Park man was sentenced to 330 years to life in prison today for sexually assaulting four girls, ages 5 to 11.
    Jaime Martinez, 37, pleaded guilty before Superior Court Judge James A. Stotler in July as his trial was under way on 32 felony counts including rape involving young girls in his family.
    http://www.ocregister.com/articles/g...-ages-sexually

Great sentence, but what does "330 years to life" mean? As far as I know noone can live that long

"330 years" surely means life anyway? Or are they worried he will do a runner when he's 340?

It's great these sentences are passed out, there should be more of these...

sounds like they want to make sure there is no mistake and this guy is let out on parol down the road.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    I bet he does less than 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post
    I bet he does less than 10 years.
    I bet he will be a life.....

Other inmates don't take kindly to this type of crime.

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    I would like to know if there is a possiblity of parole. The way they let so many prisoners out I could see him walking. If we are lucky however some prisoner will give him the justice he deserves.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

Quote Originally Posted by mayfairlight View Post
    Great sentence, but what does "330 years to life" mean? As far as I know noone can live that long

"330 years" surely means life anyway? Or are they worried he will do a runner when he's 340?

It's great these sentences are passed out, there should be more of these...
    Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    I would like to know if there is a possiblity of parole. The way they let so many prisoners out I could see him walking. If we are lucky however some prisoner will give him the justice he deserves.
    Well, I think that one is eligible for parole once a certain percentage of your sentence is complete. generally speaking it is probably around 1/3 of your sentence.
    So in answer to both of these comments, i would think he would be eligible for parole in about 110 years That's a good reason to get a 330 year sentence. if he got 100 years he would be eligible in 33.3 years.

ETA: i should add it probably never works out this way, but it's a good theory.
    Last edited by JBean; 09-05-2009 at 06:22 PM.