1087 users online (260 members and 827 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    23,942

    Post Issues with Jane Velez Mitchell- 09/04/09

    Late last night I watched Issues with JVM. She is much more dynamic than Nancy Grace. She had an audio tape of Tracey- the female bounty hunter that stayed with Casey. Tracey reported that Casey never talked about Caylee, or even the case. What she wanted to talk about, besides wanting a shower, was Chloroform, and signing autographed pictures for money for her defense and wanting to go on the Howard Stern show- but he might ask her bra size and whether or not she was sleeping with Jose Baez.
    This was Casey's mindset! Very incriminating I think...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,096
    The autographed photo thing just boggles my mind........

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Yesss...I saw it...what really got me irritated.....actually WHO got me irritated.....AND she always irritates me no matter WHAT she's talking about, anyways....LOL...when Janie Weintraub was fighting with some other legal pundit on the show about how the agreement between TP and company was priviledged and WON'T come into trial because it WAS attorney/client info. She then was continuing to argue with the guy and waiving papers saying she has the proof right in front of her, "does he"??
    Well, they both finally came to the conclusion that "it'll be up to the judge". Well, she felt sooo inclined to bring the paperwork, but didn't bother to "research" that they were, in fact, wasting time arguing a non-issue??!!!

    I don't know about anyone else, but I always wonder how these lawyers come on the shows without any knowledge of the laws in the state they are going to be discussing....or even just some info about the case. I can't say how many times I scream at the TV that "it's FLORIDA...can you say Sunshine Laws" ?? They're forever saying the info coming out is ruining the case...swaying the jury pool....etc. Wheeew....That's all I have to say about THAT!!! LOL
    All's just IMO.
    Last edited by MyTinkieGirl; 09-05-2009 at 09:44 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTinkieGirl View Post
    Yesss...I saw it...what really got me irritated.....actually WHO got me irritated.....AND she always irritates me no matter WHAT she's talking about, anyways....LOL...when Janie Weintraub was fighting with some other legal pundit on the show about how the agreement between TP and company was priviledged and WON'T come into trial because it WAS attorney/client info. She then was continuing to argue with the guy and waiving papers saying she has the proof right in front of her, "does he"??
    Well, they both finally came to the conclusion that "it'll be up to the judge". Well, she felt sooo inclined to bring the paperwork, but didn't bother to "research" that they were, in fact, wasting time arguing a non-issue??!!!

    I don't know about anyone else, but I always wonder how these lawyers come on the shows without any knowledge of the laws in the state they are going to be discussing....or even just some info about the case. I can't say how many times I scream at the TV that "it's FLORIDA...can you say Sunshine Laws" ?? They're forever saying the info coming out is ruining the case...swaying the jury pool....etc. Wheeew....That's all I have to say about THAT!!! LOL
    All's just IMO.
    OMG! I was just going to post about this very thing...Janie Weintraub! She drives me absolutely nutz! She was so sure that she was right...and not only was she totally wrong, but the judge had already settled this! I like how Mark Eiglarsh, even tho he is a defense attorney, will sometimes take the prosecution's side...but Weintraub is a total defense attorney, to the point of idiocy!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,235
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTinkieGirl View Post
    Yesss...I saw it...what really got me irritated.....actually WHO got me irritated.....AND she always irritates me no matter WHAT she's talking about, anyways....LOL...when Janie Weintraub was fighting with some other legal pundit on the show about how the agreement between TP and company was priviledged and WON'T come into trial because it WAS attorney/client info. She then was continuing to argue with the guy and waiving papers saying she has the proof right in front of her, "does he"??
    Well, they both finally came to the conclusion that "it'll be up to the judge". Well, she felt sooo inclined to bring the paperwork, but didn't bother to "research" that they were, in fact, wasting time arguing a non-issue??!!!

    I don't know about anyone else, but I always wonder how these lawyers come on the shows without any knowledge of the laws in the state they are going to be discussing....or even just some info about the case. I can't say how many times I scream at the TV that "it's FLORIDA...can you say Sunshine Laws" ?? They're forever saying the info coming out is ruining the case...swaying the jury pool....etc. Wheeew....That's all I have to say about THAT!!! LOL
    All's just IMO.
    ita re your last paragraph. It's even more irksome that they claim the info has been "leaked" when it was actually Sunshine!
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,096
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    OMG! I was just going to post about this very thing...Janie Weintraub! She drives me absolutely nutz! She was so sure that she was right...and not only was she totally wrong, but the judge had already settled this! I like how Mark Eiglarsh, even tho he is a defense attorney, will sometimes take the prosecution's side...but Weintraub is a total defense attorney, to the point of idiocy!
    I put her annoying voice right up there with CA Drives me nuts.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    357
    When J. Weintraub is on...I HAVE to change the channel. Can't stand to watch her or hear her. She is one person the networks could and should do without.
    -Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    -Senatus Populus Que Romanus

    -Why is it, if you help someone get away with a crime before they are arrested you are an accomplice...but if you help them get away with a crime after they are arrested you are a defense attorney?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    593
    OOOOH, I am so glad you did this thread.
    Jaynie Weintraub is the most irritating person I have ever heard! Not only that, she is truly an idiotic moron. She gets everything so wrong without checking her facts.
    Last week, she said Anthony L was the one searching for chloroform on Casey's computer. She actually said that!!!!
    I wrote an email to JVM, but I'm sure she didn't care. I told her she should get her facts straight. I actually want to stop watching the show because of that hateful, ignorant, whiny Jaynie creature. I think she was even saying the molester guy needs help and intimating that he has a disease and that pedophiles can be helped.
    Jaynie W reminds me of the girl in grammer school who has no friends and tells on everyone!
    I absolutely adore Mark Eiglarsh....even though he is a defense atty. he does seem to have a brain... and a cute face. I hope he gets a show to replace JVM. I'm getting a bit tired of hearing about her addictions every show.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,161
    I think the fact that they put misinformation out there to the public is a big ISSUE for this program. You are all right, they never check their facts and base their opinions on misinformation. If they can't get the facts straight the producers should eliminate them from the program. There are plenty of TH's out there that are willing to do their due diligence before venturing an opinion on some of these cases.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,522
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Late last night I watched Issues with JVM. She is much more dynamic than Nancy Grace. She had an audio tape of Tracey- the female bounty hunter that stayed with Casey. Tracey reported that Casey never talked about Caylee, or even the case. What she wanted to talk about, besides wanting a shower, was Chloroform, and signing autographed pictures for money for her defense and wanting to go on the Howard Stern show- but he might ask her bra size and whether or not she was sleeping with Jose Baez.
    This was Casey's mindset! Very incriminating I think...
    Extremely! If any of US was missing a child, could we think of anything else for a second?

    I'd be alternating between lying in the fetal position in bed and harassing LE for updates.
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    OMG! I was just going to post about this very thing...Janie Weintraub! She drives me absolutely nutz! She was so sure that she was right...and not only was she totally wrong, but the judge had already settled this! I like how Mark Eiglarsh, even tho he is a defense attorney, will sometimes take the prosecution's side...but Weintraub is a total defense attorney, to the point of idiocy!
    ITA. Weintraub is impossible to listen to. In fact, when she's on the show I change the channel. I absolutely cannot watch it when she's on.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Between the beach and the river
    Posts
    6,552
    Quote Originally Posted by autumnlover View Post
    ITA. Weintraub is impossible to listen to. In fact, when she's on the show I change the channel. I absolutely cannot watch it when she's on.
    On both JVM and NG I think the defense atty's are brought on to be the antagonists.It's their role on the show,regardless of what's obvious.That's why they come back time after time ,only to be cut down by the hostess'. It's part of their role JMHO
    Always ,just my opinion





    *****************************************
    We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJames View Post
    On both JVM and NG I think the defense atty's are brought on to be the antagonists.It's their role on the show,regardless of what's obvious.That's why they come back time after time ,only to be cut down by the hostess'. It's part of their role JMHO
    I know, but on JVM she doesn't cut Weintraub down. In fact, she let Weintraub go on a rant about the so-called "privileged" info LP, et al heard when she should have been smart enough to know that the judge already ruled that LP was not working for JB. All that ever winds up happening is they all start screaming and JVM bangs her gavel. NG would never let JW get away without a fight.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJames View Post
    On both JVM and NG I think the defense atty's are brought on to be the antagonists.It's their role on the show,regardless of what's obvious.That's why they come back time after time ,only to be cut down by the hostess'. It's part of their role JMHO
    I know you are right, but it just makes me want to say Grrrrr! when Janie W. or that other nerdy looking, male defense attorney, with glasses, that is sometimes on JVM, spouts their defense propaganda! Grrrr!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    593
    I understand that they need opposing sides, but PLEASE get your facts straight!!!!
    Then I could respect their opinions a tiny bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Issues with Jane Velez Mitchell - Wed., 1/14/09
    By Patty G in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 12:52 AM
  2. Issues with Jane Velez Mitchell - Tues., 1/13/09
    By charo in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 11:11 PM
  3. Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell 01.12.09
    By PomMom12 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 09:57 AM
  4. Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell 01.08.09
    By PomMom12 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 03:29 AM
  5. ISSUES with Jane Velez-Mitchell, Friday, 12/19/08
    By FloridaKatz in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 11:58 AM

Tags for this Thread