1312 users online (216 members and 1096 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Richard “Ricky” Chekevdia, 2007

A boy missing two years in a custody dispute was found with his mother, who was wanted on kidnapping charges, behind a wall that contained a specially built room in his matenral grandmother's house. He has been reunited with his father's family:

http://blog.taragana.com/n/ill-boy-a...s-home-160675/

The boy, Richard “Ricky” Chekevdia, is seven years old. The mother is Shannon Wilfong.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    A boy missing two years in a custody dispute was found with his mother, who was wanted on kidnapping charges, behind a wall that contained a specially built room in his matenral grandmother's house. He has been reunited with his father's family:

http://blog.taragana.com/n/ill-boy-a...s-home-160675/

The boy, Richard “Ricky” Chekevdia, is seven years old. The mother is Shannon Wilfong.
    Thanks....
    I see you found it first gitana1 - what a great story.......
    Here is another article....
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32702585...rts/?GT1=43001
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

What a mess. I hope everything turns out okay for these people.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    He turns seven on the fourteenth.

I'm happy he is found but I hope they ensure that the abuse allegations are throughly investigated and he is monitored. A mother to hide with her child like that, the custody issue and siting abuse by the father... dunno, really sends up all kinds of red flags. No one should have to hide. Just praying they get to the bottom of this and 'if' there is any truth to this mothers fear. Because it sure sounds like she was scared imo

There's no excuse for keeping your kid in a room the size of a Smart car and the height of a washing machine for a day, much less two years. None.

Quote Originally Posted by forthelost View Post
    There's no excuse for keeping your kid in a room the size of a Smart car and the height of a washing machine for a day, much less two years. None.
    is there evidence that he was kept in that room for two years? we know that he was missing for two years & that his mother & gm supposedly helped hide him but I don't think we know that he was kept in that house the entire time, much less in one little room - it's possible it was a 'safe' room for when authorities came knocking

also, we don't know what the details are and I don't think we can judge this situation until & unless we have those details

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post

also, we don't know what the details are and I don't think we can judge this situation until & unless we have those details

JMO
    Do you say that every time someone's accused of a felony they admit to but claim to have a good reason for commiting?

Quote Originally Posted by forthelost View Post
    Do you say that every time someone's accused of a felony they admit to but claim to have a good reason for commiting?
    do you have a link to that? all I see in this thread are three links, the first of which is a blog wherein the author states that the grandmother told something to a newspaper last year but the author does not even identify the newspaper much less provide a link to that statement

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    do you have a link to that? all I see in this thread are three links, the first of which is a blog wherein the author states that the grandmother told something to a newspaper last year but the author does not even identify the newspaper much less provide a link to that statement
    I was refering to the mother concealing the child - kidnapping - for the past two years. She admits it, but says it was to protect the child from his evil abusive father.

http://www.topix.net/wire/military?q...y%94+Chekevdia

The father was in Iraq, was a former police officer, and is a lieutenant colonel in the National Guard. I have trouble believing he was also a child molester.
    Last edited by Trino; 09-08-2009 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post

The father was in Iraq, was a former police officer, and is a lieutenant colonel in the National Guard. I have trouble believing he was also a child molester.
    It's possible, of course. But one investigation determined the claims were unfounded, the child was apparently not seen by any professional more than once and not for more than twenty minutes, and of course the whole kidnapping thing make me highly doubt the claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post

I do think there's reason to be suspicious of the claims since they don't seem to be well-substantiated (although, abuse claims rarely are, due to circumstances). But I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand just based on his father's job. My father fit all those criteria, as well (earlier war service, obviously), and he abused me from grades 2 through 6. No one would believe me, specifically for the reasons you've mentioned: "He seems like such a fine, upstanding man." Abuse happens everywhere, even with pillars of the community.

What I want to know is, how long does it take to build a secret room inside the walls of your house? I wouldn't even know how to begin whipping up something like that, let alone on the spur of the moment when someone showed up at my door, saying, "Quick--I'm on the run. Build me a hidden room in the walls of your house!" Did they just decide to build a hidey hole on the off-chance they'd ever need it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast