UK - Shakilus Townsend, 16, brutally murdered, Thornton Heath, 3 July 2008

soyesterday

Reaction score
Girl Jailed After Acting as 'Honey Trap,' Luring Boy to His Death
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,546860,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r2:c0.121869:b27560114:z0

A schoolgirl who acted as a “honey trap” to lure a besotted boy to his death at the hands of a masked gang was jailed for a minimum of ten years Friday, The Times of London reported.

Samantha Joseph, who was 15 at the time, led Shakilus Townsend, 16, to a group of six youths, including her boyfriend, who ambushed him, beat him with baseball bats and stabbed him six times. He bled to death crying for his mother and telling residents, who tried to stem his bleeding after the gang fled, that he did not want to die.
(more at link)

She watched this poor boy get beat to death after luring him there and she LAUGHED!!!
What disgusting piece of....i can't even say!
Her parents must be so proud of her.
This story makes me sick. :(

"At the time of the killing, three of the gang were either on police bail or had been given suspended sentences for violence. One had just been released from a detention order after being found carrying a knife. McLean had also once been convicted of using a compass to stab a pupil at school.

Joseph, 17, of Brockley, was ordered to be detained for a minimum of 10 years. McLean, of Croydon, was given a minimum of 15 years in detention and Andre Thompson, of Norwood, will be eligible for parole after 14 years.

Andre Johnson Haynes, 18, a former London Irish rugby player and public school boy from Croydon, brothers Tyrell Ellis, 19, and Don-Carlos Ellis, 18, of Thornton Heath, and Michael Akinfenwa, 18, of Norwood, were given minimum sentences of 12 years."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6822323.ece

None of these children should see the light of day :behindbar, especially Miss Joseph. I don't care how naive, or in love, or whatever you are, but to laugh at someone who is in pain, and who you knew might die because of you actions, that is cold and cruel. It also shows complete lack of empathy.

Oh my lord. The crying for his mother part tears me up. Poor young man.

How can these people live with themselves? They must not see what kind of monsters they are.

"At the time of the killing, three of the gang were either on police bail or had been given suspended sentences for violence. One had just been released from a detention order after being found carrying a knife. McLean had also once been convicted of using a compass to stab a pupil at school.

Joseph, 17, of Brockley, was ordered to be detained for a minimum of 10 years. McLean, of Croydon, was given a minimum of 15 years in detention and Andre Thompson, of Norwood, will be eligible for parole after 14 years.

Andre Johnson Haynes, 18, a former London Irish rugby player and public school boy from Croydon, brothers Tyrell Ellis, 19, and Don-Carlos Ellis, 18, of Thornton Heath, and Michael Akinfenwa, 18, of Norwood, were given minimum sentences of 12 years."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6822323.ece

This is one of those crimes that makes me want to bang my head on something! None of those little wannabe's should have even been out of jail. Kids have got to start getting harsher punishments for their crimes.:mad:

Oh my lord. The crying for his mother part tears me up. Poor young man.

How can these people live with themselves. They must not see what kind of monsters they are.

WhyaDuck, his crying for his mother about ripped my heart up. I think of my boys and how trusting they are of their peers, and it kills me to think they could run across people like this in their lifetimes. It's horrifying.

Yeah, what is it with the system over there? Every time I've read about a crime in the UK recently, I've been aghast at the sentence given to people who have committed truly horrible crimes.

I know a lot of people over there think we're awful with capital punishment, etc, but I don't think it's hyperbole to say I don't know if I'd feel safe living under a system where murderers are out, routinely, after 15 years.

We're being overrun by little clones of Leopold and Loeb. :(

None of these children should see the light of day :behindbar, especially Miss Joseph. I don't care how naive, or in love, or whatever you are, but to laugh at someone who is in pain, and who you knew might die because of you actions, that is cold and cruel. It also shows complete lack of empathy.

I agree.....she's worse than all of them i think!!!!
Ugggghhhh she makes me sick!! :(

Nice, they all got under fifteen years, sweetheart deals for the "Honey Trap Killers", and the lovely lady received only ten years. I guess the Brits idea of justice differs from ours.

Yeah, what is it with the system over there? Every time I've read about a crime in the UK recently, I've been aghast at the sentence given to people who have committed truly horrible crimes.

I know a lot of people over there think we're awful with capital punishment, etc, but I don't think it's hyperbole to say I don't know if I'd feel safe living under a system where murderers are out, routinely, after 15 years.

I know how you're feeling! The stress of stories like this is going to kill me! But, what is confusing is that the U.K.'s murder rate is much lower than ours. Ours is about four times higher per person. So it's actually safer there, murderwise, despite their lax policies on justice.
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

Here's a cool map of the world where the countries' sizes relate to their murder rate. Look at tiny little Canada! The U.S. isn't so bad, either.
http://www.envplan.com/ep/misc/a40425/a40425_f1.pdf

It reads, "At LEAST ten years" and "At LEAST fifteen years". I THINK this means that they can keep them there longer if it is deemed appropriate. Or at least I HOPE so.

Girls can be even more vicious than boys, IMO. And sociopathic girls are nothing new-it's just that until recently, women were thought to be "under the influence" of the men..ala Charles Starkweather and Caril Fugate. Their first victims were her parents and sibling, for Pete's sake. She wasn't involved with that? Yet he was executed and she was released from prison after a few years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back