1039 users online (215 members and 824 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MT - Robin Gary Smith, 34, Stillwater County, 2 Sept 2009

http://www.ktvq.com/Global/story.asp?S=11086354

7 Sept 09

Search and rescue crews are looking for a missing Billings man in the West Rosebud area.

Stillwater County Deputy Cole Waltner says a resident noticed an SUV parked in the Pine Grove Campground off West Rosebud Rd on September 2nd.

Deputies tell Montana's News Station that the owner of SUV is Robin Gary Smith, 34, of Billings. Authorities were told he was fired from his job and went up the mountain.

Smith is described as being 5'8" tall, weighing 180 pounds, and has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Stillwater and Sweetgrass County Search and Rescue teams, as well as the Absaroka Search Dogs are concentrating their efforts up the West Rosebud drainage.

pic
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bob_Me/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-19.png[/IMG]
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

Search for missing man suspended

A two-week search in Stillwater County for a missing Billings man has been suspended.

Stillwater County Sheriff's Deputy Cole Waltner said the field search for Robin Gary Smith was suspended at noon Monday. Waltner is continuing to investigate Smith's disappearance.
    Waltner said the field search has been expansive with six dog teams from Absaroka Search Dogs and Western Montana Search Dogs that joined seven teams of searchers from the Stillwater and Sweetgrass counties search and rescue groups. They covered the areas around the Mystic Lake Trail and Frozen to Death Plateau, Waltner said.

"We covered thousands of acres," Waltner said. "We covered 400 acres alone yesterday (Sunday). We were putting all our resources into this and dealing with really steep terrain; rock slides; heavy, heavy downfall; cliffs and river crossings."

http://billingsgazette.com/news/loca...cc4c03286.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23775
    Status Missing
    First name Robin
    Middle name Gary
    Last name Smith
    Nickname/Alias
    Date last seen March 14, 2009 01:00
    Date entered 03/11/2014
    Age last seen 34 to years old
    Age now 39 years old
    Race White
    Ethnicity
    Sex Male
    Height (inches) 68.0
    Weight (pounds) 200.0
    Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
    DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
    Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Robin went missing 6 years ago today.

Praying for Robin. xx

So little info available
    Who killed Abigail Williams & Liberty German?

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at (800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Praying this is the year he comes home.

I dont live too far from here but have only been in Montana like 3 yrs. We have been in and around E Rosebud many times as well as Mystic lake area and checking out all the camping spots along the way. I will make a huge effort to start checking out the area around W rosebud since we haven't been there at all yet. Also I will be moving much closer to that area within the next couple months so Definitely will be looking out for anything . I will check out pine grove campground. I can tell you that this is some sketchy terrain and Huge Bear territory. Mystic lake trail is also heavily traveled but there are places/woods etc along the way that it would be easy to hide and not be found.

20120728_141724.jpg

East rosebud lake area hope this works

Hope

Praying for closure!

So I did go check out this Pine Grove Campground Friday. I had been down this road a few times, once for the mystic lake hike a couple yrs ago. But I had not checked out this particular camping area yet. It is on a very long dirt road..goes on for miles and miles to the right of the dirt road and opposite the campground is a steep rocky almost void of trees type terrain. Very similar to what the mystic hike turns into toward the top. The campground itself is very narrow on the left side of the road with a lot of tall seems like pole pines...bordered by a small very passable creek. Then if you were to cross that creek you would be in a ton of pines and mountains and to me...the perfect place to get lost. I did notice that up a ways there was a small bridge that you could cross the creek even in a car, but it was inaccessible due to a tree laying across it. The campground was not yet open for the season so I had to walk into it and around.
    It was starting to get very chilly by the time I left and I did no attempt to cross the creek or hike as I did not bring a back pack or any bear spray. But I will try to post pics of this area for you so you can get an idea of what it is like.

Well I tried to upload the files from my computer via my phone and it said the file was too big. Maybe I can email the pics to myself and upload that way, I will check.

UGH All my pics are too big.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast