GUILTY CO - Brian Swartz, 30, found in shallow grave, Pueblo, 1 Aug 2009

spamelope

Reaction score
By NICK BONHAM
THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN
Skeletal remains found Saturday in a shallow grave are that of an adult man, Pueblo County Coroner James Kramer said Sunday.

"We have confirmed it's an adult male, based upon the length of the bones, the pelvis and cranium," Kramer said.

"Just the fact he was buried in a shallow grave suggests foul play," Kramer said. "We won't know though, until we do further analysis and X-rays."
Ya think? Just wondering if anyone else has ever been conscientious enough to bury themselves after they died.....

http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2009/09/07/news/local/doc4aa49b760d5e8082322011.txt

LOL, usually being in a shallow grave means foul play. But there are some rare cases. Cases where remains fell or were placed in an area that later became covered with leave and vegation, or soil falling over into the area and covering it. Occasionally a person dies of natural causes and the family feels they don't have the funds for burial. The coroner is being cautious.

I know all things are possible, I was just being snarky lol. I feel sorry for some poor family who's lost a loved one, no matter how it happened. I hope they get closure soon.

I wonder how long the remains have been there, unfortunately, the article does not really give too much to speculate on. Although, I wonder about the animal's digging. Will these types of animals dig old, old, bones or is it "fresher" remains that they can smell and are attracted to?
Hopefully this discovery will get somebody's family and loved ones closer to closure.

http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2009/09/11/news/local/doc4aa9e35fd2032022687372.txt

September 11, 2009 12:06 am

Family members reported Brian Jay Swartz missing on Aug. 22; he was last seen on Aug. 1.

..."We don't have any suspects right now. We're just questioning everyone who was close to him. We're really in the early stages of our homicide investigation," said Sgt. Eric Bravo of the Pueblo Police Department. According to a report by officers Barbara Dyleski and Jeremy Mathews, a member of Swartz's family called police on Aug. 22 to report Swartz missing.

Swartz was last seen on Aug. 1, when he went to his father's house in the 0-99 block of Dick Trefz with four unknown Hispanic men, the report said.

"Brian took his safe from the house and left with the males. Brian appeared to have been crying and (family members) thought Brian's pistols might be in the safe," the report said.

Family thought Swartz "may be in danger over narcotics debts."...

Brian had been married and has children.

that's a long time to wait to report someone missing? Last seen on the 1st, reported missing on the 22?

Wow.

I hope this case is solved quickly.

I lived in Pueblo for two years, it is a very violent place especially during the summer. You could be asleep to be woken up by gun fire usually the result of a drive by. Pueblo County is not very big there are alot of drugs and 36 gangs(could be more) I left because that is not the environment that i wanted to raise my kids in. It is not unusual for them to find a body in that area oe elsewhere for that matter.

If they found his vehicle in Raton it sounds like his killer(s) just drove south on I25. I don't know the area too well, but it is a strange place to abandon a car without having somebody to pick you up...which probably they did. How sad for his family to have probably watched him leave with his killers, I wonder what context the last contact with them was...It just seems as though the family would question the circumstances on which he was leaving with his safe and crying...But perhaps he warned them of their own safety...who knows.

These four men, if indeed are his killers, are pretty brazen having been witnessed by the father and all...it makes me wonder if they are not a part of some sort of organized crime unit, whether big or small, because the circumstances seem more like an execution type scenario than anything else. I hope there is some followup on this story and it is does not just disappear because the victim was troubled and ran with the wrong crowd.

If the article's speculation proves correct this was a combo of drugs and thugs, and both of those stink, imo. This kind of blatant act of violence just chaps my hide and at the same time frightens me beyond belief.

Also, I am for full disclosure, but doesn't it seem irresponsible of the reporter to give to name the street of a potential witness. I mean I know these men, if the killers, had already been there, but they might not have remembered or not known that the father also lived/saw them there. I don't know there might be a reason to give that kind of detail but it is escaping me at the moment...anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Jesikah, I agree 100% with all you said. I can't imagine not calling the police immediately upon my kid leaving with a safe, crying, with 4 thugs. These guys are probably more stupid than brazen, imo. My guess is that the cops probably have this all but wrapped up and they're not harming the investigation by posting that info.

I know that this is not connected, but I thought I would share anyway.

I'm in El Paso and for those that are not familiar with the geography it is like a twin city to Juarez Mexico. With the exception that now it is not advised to travel to Juarez.

To make a long story short, the cartels are fighting right now (like a turf war) over in Juarez and what struck me is that the members are coming over and plucking members that live on this side of the border from their homes and murdering them. (IIRC, most are American born members)

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/20818092/detail.html

This man was found in Juarez laying on his back with his hands (severed) laying across his chest. It was an indication that whoever killed him considered him a thief.

So I'm not sure what to think about the men that allegedly took this man from his home and later this man was found dead. I'm not sure they are stupid or are a part of a larger drug network that reaches back to a cartel. I wonder in what condition Brian's body was found?

Just thought I'd share that, like I said, it's not connected.

Updated: 10:10 PM Sep 10, 2009

Human Remains Found in Pueblo County Identified
Pueblo County

Posted: 3:04 PM Sep 10, 2009
Reporter: Rosie Barresi
Email Address: rbarresi@kktv.com

The remains of a body discovered in Pueblo County have been identified as Brian Swartz. The Pueblo County Sheriff's Office says circumstances are suspicious and they now have a homicide investigation on their hands.

11 News has learned Swartz is a Pueblo man but it is unknown how long he had been missing. Swartz's family told police that they had last talked with him on August 21; his sister filed a missing persons report on August 22. Detectives say their investigation began before that, though, on August 11, after receiving a Crime Stoppers tip that Swartz may have met with foul play

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/57573792.html

Body ID'd as missing Pueblo man

Published: September 11, 2009 12:06 am

Swartz's body was found Sunday by a man dove hunting about 20 miles west of Pueblo near Colorado 96.

The grave in which Swartz was found contained mainly skeletal remains, but one hand was preserved enough that the Colorado Bureau of Investigation was able to identify the corpse through fingerprints, Pueblo County Coroner James Kramer said.

"We don't have any suspects right now. We're just questioning everyone who was close to him. We're really in the early stages of our homicide investigation," said Sgt. Eric Bravo of the Pueblo Police Department. According to a report by officers Barbara Dyleski and Jeremy Mathews, a member of Swartz's family called police on Aug. 22 to report Swartz missing.

Swartz was last seen on Aug. 1, when he went to his father's house in the 0-99 block of Dick Trefz with four unknown Hispanic men, the report said

http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2009/09/11/news/local/doc4aa9e35fd2032022687372.txt

Possible Human Remains Found In Pueblo County

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 08:24 PM MDT

Saturday evening, the Pueblo Chieftain reported the discovery of human remains in that same area off Highway 96. They were reportedly found in an unmarked grave by a hunter near Holmes Rd., west of Pueblo

http://www.krdo.com/Global/story.asp?S=11082947

Body found in unmarked grave west of Pueblo

Published: September 06, 2009 12:06 am

An unmarked graved containing human remains was discovered Saturday 20 miles west of Pueblo. The Pueblo County Sheriff's office is investigating.

Sheriff's investigators were called to a site off Colorado 96, near the gate to an access road at the base of the foothills of the Wet Mountains.

http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2009/09/06/news/local/doc4aa33e86e32ce202177383.txt

9/17/2009
Authorities ID buried corpse

The cause of death has not been determined, said Jobe, however, the case is being investigated as a murder. “It may be a drug deal gone bad,” said Jobe.

Jobe said Swartz was last seen on Aug. 1 when he went to his father’s house with four other unidentified males. The five later left that home with a safe. At the time, said Jobe, Swartz appeared to be crying and family members have reported guns may have been in the safe

http://www.wetmountaintribune.com/home.asp?i=507&p=3

This is really sad, Brian had been crying he probally knew what was going to happen..:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back