Why 09/09/09 Is So Special

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Have special plans this 09/09/09?

Everyone from brides and grooms to movie studio execs are celebrating the upcoming calendrical anomaly in their own way.

In Florida, at least one county clerk's office is offering a one-day wedding special for $99.99. The rarity of this Sept. 9 hasn't been lost on the creators of the iPod, who have moved their traditional Tuesday release day to Wednesday to take advantage of the special date. Focus Features is releasing their new film "9," an animated tale about the apocalypse, on the 9th.

Not only does the date look good in marketing promotions, but it also represents the last set of repeating, single-digit dates that we'll see for almost a century (until January 1, 2101), or a millennium (mark your calendars for January 1, 3001), depending on how you want to count it.

Though technically there's nothing special about the symmetrical date, some concerned with the history and meaning of numbers ascribe powerful significance to 09/09/09.

More at link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090908/sc_livescience/why090909issospecial/print

Hmm, well I turn 43 tomorrow on 9/9/2009 so it is special to me. LOL

Well, have a Happy Birthday on 9 9 09!!!!

:HappyBday

Hmm, well I turn 43 tomorrow on 9/9/2009 so it is special to me. LOL

I KNEW there was a reason it was so special!! Have a great day tomorrow yanknrebel. You should buy a lottery ticket. :woohoo:

The date I'm most excited for or November Eleventh, Two Thousand and Eleven, or 11/11/11!!! Only about 2 years and 2 months to go!!!

What a fun birthday.

I love these kinds of days.

Have special plans this 09/09/09?

Everyone from brides and grooms to movie studio execs are celebrating the upcoming calendrical anomaly in their own way.

In Florida, at least one county clerk's office is offering a one-day wedding special for $99.99. The rarity of this Sept. 9 hasn't been lost on the creators of the iPod, who have moved their traditional Tuesday release day to Wednesday to take advantage of the special date. Focus Features is releasing their new film "9," an animated tale about the apocalypse, on the 9th.

Not only does the date look good in marketing promotions, but it also represents the last set of repeating, single-digit dates that we'll see for almost a century (until January 1, 2101), or a millennium (mark your calendars for January 1, 3001), depending on how you want to count it.

Though technically there's nothing special about the symmetrical date, some concerned with the history and meaning of numbers ascribe powerful significance to 09/09/09.

More at link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090908/sc_livescience/why090909issospecial/print

hmmm I have been thinking about this date too.
And I will be doing something I have no business doing because I do not qualify.
But I am trying out for the Jewish Philharmonic to sing.
I really do not qualify at all, but my cuz...has them convinced that I do because she knows someone who thinks highly of her. They all decided that I can do this...LOL (doubt it)
Yes I do sing in the Shower. When I was in High School, Holidays.
I do not know why my audition is on 9-9-9 I am curious....confused.
9 is the number for completion. + 9 + 9 = 27 +2+7=9

I am a bit shocked that I am going to thePhilharmonic...me? confused again....
I think it would be interesting for people to notice what they are doing on that day.
We all certainly do pray nothing apocalyptic will happen...:)

I quit smoking on 9/9/96....13 years without one cigarette!

Today at 5:00 PM, my father is getting married for the 4th time.
My sisters and I have all taken the day off work to attend and are hoping that this time he will finally have found true happiness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back