Poll: What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child?

I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.

What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child?

This poll was suggested by Websleuths.com member Wonders. Thank you very much. This is a great idea.

What do you think the punishment should be for pedophiles who sexually abuse children? I donít mean a 21 year old who has sex with a 17 year old. I am talking about the true sick bastards of this earth.

You don't need to be a member to vote and you can add your own answer to the question. If you do decide to write in your own answer Please make it reasonable. I know I too would like to take these scumbags and slowly lower them into a pond of hungry alligators but that is not going to happen. Please be serious and reasonable.

Feel free to post your thoughts on this thread too. We would love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks,
    Tricia
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE

Join Websleuths on Twitter

Follow websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
     | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

Death

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:

Did you vote for lethal injection? Click on the box above otherwise your opinion will not count my dear.
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

And Face Book of course
     | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zadari For This Useful Post:

Lethal Injection...A firing squad would do just fine as well, would be alot cheaper!
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

This was a hard one.

I voted Life without parole. I chose that one for repeat offenders.

1. First offense: Life with parole. With 3/4 of the sentence served before parole. Intense thearpy, offender can elect for medical castration, in order to be considered for parole once the 3/4 ths of sentence are served.

2. If there is a second offense: LWOP ~ nothing to add.

However, if the crime involved the death of a child (the death occurring prior to, during, or after the molestation) or if the child was maimed or physically damaged in such a way that full recovery isn't possible ~ then I elect for lethal injection.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

I chose life without parole. Medical castration does nothing where the perp gets his sexual gratification from the power and control he/she has over the victim. Nor does chemical castration when they can just stop taking the meds. Lethal injection for predators who murder and maim. IMO

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MNlady For This Useful Post:

Funny...Adnoid and I had this very conversation tonight.

I voted! Death, any method that works. I am a survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    This was a hard one.

if the crime involved the death of a child (the death occurring prior to, during, or after the molestation) or if the child was maimed or physically damaged in such a way that full recovery isn't possible ~ then I elect for lethal injection.
    Some survivors would say that full recovery isnt possible at all. The worst damage usually isnt "physical".

These perps are cowardly. Knowing they would be executed if they are found out might slow them down a bit.

If anything can.
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Glow For This Useful Post:

I picked death, by any means. (I realize my logic is flawed in the sense that sometimes charges like sexual abuse can be part of an acrimonious divorce/custody dispute.)

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boyz_Mum For This Useful Post:

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    I voted: Death, any method that works.

No 3 strikes. Do it once and you are done in this world.

They cannot be rehabilitated. Children should never be exposed to the pure evil in these creeps.

Thank you.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    I picked death, by any means. (I realize my logic is flawed in the sense that sometimes charges like sexual abuse can be part of an acrimonious divorce/custody dispute.)
    This poll is directed at actual pedophiles. In my mind this does not even come close to charges flung during a divorce.

People like Polly's killer, Richard Allen Davis come to mind. Scumbags of this nature. This is who the poll is talking about.

Hope I haven't confused the issue.
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
     | 

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MNlady View Post
    I chose life without parole. Medical castration does nothing where the perp gets his sexual gratification from the power and control he/she has over the victim. Nor does chemical castration when they can just stop taking the meds. Lethal injection for predators who murder and maim. IMO

When I was younger, there was a man in our neighborhood who was arrested for trying to kidnap a child. After all the news came out, he had been castrated and still had the urges for little girls.

I was 12 at the time and do not know how,what,why he had been castrated.

I think death would do just fine.

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chesterp For This Useful Post:

Death

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to stilettos For This Useful Post:

Death by any means available. They CANNOT be rehabilitated!

27. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Noexcuse For This Useful Post:

Medical castration and LWOP... on a Ped Farm, in the middle of nowhere, with only very basic necessities.

Death, IMO, would be too nice.

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ScorpRising For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    This poll is directed at actual pedophiles. In my mind this does not even come close to charges flung during a divorce.

People like Polly's killer, Richard Allen Davis come to mind. Scumbags of this nature. This is who the poll is talking about.

Hope I haven't confused the issue.
    You clarified it for me! Without the grey area, I can say, "death" without the slightest pause.

Thanks Tricia!

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Boyz_Mum For This Useful Post:

Death, and I'm not for the death penalty, but there are those times where that is the only logical choice....pedophiles are those times....

I do like Trishy's idea though at the Ped farm in nowheresville with like Peds....
    God is Great Beer is Good And People are Crazy

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lovelabs For This Useful Post:

I first voted death by lethal injection........now I see death by any way..........can I change to that!
    They CAN NEVER be back in society........they only get worse! IMO
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Death! I had a professor in college say that pedophiles cannot be rehabilitated. He said it's like telling someone gay to be attracted to the opposite sex or vice versa. I think that sums it up quite nicely.

37. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Indianagirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lovelabs View Post
    Death, and I'm not for the death penalty, but there are those times where that is the only logical choice....pedophiles are those times....

I do like Trishy's idea though at the Ped farm in nowheresville with like Peds....

Gitmo or the Standish prison that is closing and looking forward to the possibility of getting these prisoners.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chesterp For This Useful Post:

I voted for medical castration and LWOP.

I'm trying to be a better person, and I know that the death penalty is probably something I should morally oppose. Logically and all that. Maybe voting that way and saying it enough times will make me really think it's true.

I do think it's interesting that, regardless of one's opinion on the DP, less than 10% of the votes so far think there should be even the slightest glimmer of possibility for any parole. Why is it so hard for judges, juries, legislators, and the general population to figure this out?
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angelmom For This Useful Post:

Never believed in medical castration

as sexual predators frequently are driven to commit their crimes by a need for power and control.

IMHO chemical castration will not stop sex offenders.

MOO

Mel

43. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

Death, by any means - Unless we can just shoot them to the moon...Nah, too expensive, a bullet or rope is cheaper...
    Proud WS N-LIB

45. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

Mandatory death. I voted death by any means as long as it works. Treat them like the rabid dog that they are.

47. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast