Poll: What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 216

Thread: What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child?

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavya01 View Post
    It means ALMOST all of them were once THEMSELVES victims of sexual abuse. It means some CAN actually make internal changes and find other outlet for their frustrations and learn to have relations with adults. It means they CAN still be reached if someone cares enough to make the effort. Some cannot but some can. Should we always just throw human beings out with the bathwater. Do we neglect that most of these offenders were once victims themselves that, for their OWN victimization, from my professional experience, most likely NEVER received any support?
    I'll continue to lobby that rehabilitation is possible for at least some. And that it means we have to take responsibility and TRY!
    Victims get, THESE days, all the support they dare to seek out. Fifty years ago, when THESE men were victimized, there was no such thing. None.
    That matters people.
    It matters.

    We break the cycle by supporting and rehabilitating NOW!
    Better late than never.

    MOO
    I believe with the HIGH number of REPEAT offenders there are more who can not. The victims are CHILDREN, some are BABIES, These offenders are ADULTS. What matters is protecting the innocent who do not know what is being done to them, what matters is NOT the criminals who know what they are doing is wrong. Sex offenders are the criminals NOT the victims!!!!!!

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grammieto5 For This Useful Post:


  3. #152
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bytown
    Posts
    9,836
    I am not a strong supporter of the Death Penalty but for Pedophiles..I say Death
    I don't believe they can be rehabilitated,
    ----------------------------------------------------



    --------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

    --Niccolo Machiavelli"

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:


  5. #153
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by stilettos View Post
    I do not believe there is a cure....I vote castration and then a slow painful torturous death. I am a survivor and my monster went out the way he came in...a twisted pervert. He died in his fifties still spouting perversion towards his daughters from his death bed.
    i would like this dished on the offenders. old testiment eye for eye...

    for poll purpose, i had to base my vote on real world so opted for LWOP in general population, to take away opportunity for other victims and make the rest of their lives miserable.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to runsdeep For This Useful Post:


  7. #154
    Neurotripsy's Avatar
    Neurotripsy is offline "There's no justice in the world & there never was."
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home Counties, UK.
    Posts
    404
    "Death, any method that works."

    I don't believe they can be rehabilitated and it's a waste of money to keep them alive, IMO.

    24th-26th October, '11 - Attended Joanna Yeates trial. [Photos]
    Avi of my gorgeous cat Kitty (1997-2014) was made by sugarwind. ❤

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Neurotripsy For This Useful Post:


  9. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotripsy View Post
    "Death, any method that works."

    I don't believe they can be rehabilitated and it's a waste of money to keep them alive, IMO.
    i either heard or read somewhere that it costs more for those on death row than those in for life. because of legal appeals and such.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to runsdeep For This Useful Post:


  11. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    1,418
    I say cut it off and feed them viagra 4 times a day.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxson For This Useful Post:


  13. #157
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,351
    I think they should change the law so there is no statute of limitations on pedophiles. Many times their victims do not "tell" what happened to them until they are well into adulthood! By then the statute of limitations has taken effect.

    Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AbbieNormal For This Useful Post:


  15. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,199
    Death by any means - no rehabbing these evil monsters
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

    ++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krimekat For This Useful Post:


  17. #159
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by runsdeep View Post
    i either heard or read somewhere that it costs more for those on death row than those in for life. because of legal appeals and such.
    Just blow there brains out after they are found guilty, no sitting on death row wasting our money

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leanaí For This Useful Post:


  19. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    56
    has there ever been a successful case of a pedophile doing a 180? i'm just wondering statistically if they can be cured as if it's a disease, speaking ignorantly bc i honestly don't know. does castration cure sick thoughts? are most pedophiles created from previous abuse or are some just born attracted to children? just wondering if anyone had some knowledge they could share.

  20. #161
    Etilema's Avatar
    Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by itsashame View Post
    has there ever been a successful case of a pedophile doing a 180? i'm just wondering statistically if they can be cured as if it's a disease, speaking ignorantly bc i honestly don't know. does castration cure sick thoughts? are most pedophiles created from previous abuse or are some just born attracted to children? just wondering if anyone had some knowledge they could share.
    We should probably define what we want to label a pedophile before we can answer that question. For instance, I have read that cases in which older siblings engage with younger there is a low recidivism rate; in other words, most do not grow up to continue the pattern. But in such cases, they think it is more a matter of opportunity than an actual paraphelia involving attraction to children.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:


  22. #162
    LOL...since over half the answers involve death, I wonder where that leaves simple serial murderers.

    The problem I have with this poll is that sex offenses run the gamut from the 21 yo's with 17 yo's to the serial rapist/torturer/murderer like John Couey all the way to kids who play doctor at age 12 (yes, they are on the registry, though not on the Internet). Next, if we are only going to execute less than 1% of all murderers, it is prohibitively expensive to kill all sex offenders from a standpoint of ROI alone.

    Better is the following:

    1. All murderers should be executed, no matter or not if rape was involved.
    2. All forcible rapes involving <18 should end up in LWOP. Period. No plea bargains. Important note: I purposeful said "forceful" rather than "consensual", because consent is a LEGAL definition, not an ACTUAL definition. Two parties can willingly have sex with each other, but it is not concensual if one of the parties is underage (or if both parties are underage, whatever laws constitute a crime at that point with regard to age difference).
    3. Any rape of a minor, or non-consensual sex act of an adult, that occurs after a kidnapping act should end ip in LWOP. Period. No plea bargains.

    An important note: If I catch the perp attacking my own child myself, he will not go through normal "justice" methods. I will kill him after torturing him and making him feel pain. This is not a threat, and frankly, I don't care about being caught. I don't say anything different than we all FEEL here; the difference is that I have the means to execute the process.

    Having said that:

    We come to the oodles of gray area as to punishments. For instance, I cannot for the life of me understand why the age of consent in ANY state be less than 18 years old for sex. It is ironic, for instance, that a 50 year old man can screw a 16 year old freshman or sophomore in high school in many states and be perfectly legal, while that 16 year old girl can have sex with a 15 year old boy and be labeled a Tier 3 predator. While both incidents are crimes, obviously we have no concept here. What I would propose is this:

    1. Immediately force all states, through witholding of Byrne grants or similar funding mechanisms, to institute an 18-year-old age of consent minimum age. In addition, I would also institute a gradated method of punishment, so that would preclude 19 year olds with 17 year old girlfriends. I would probably use the 3 year and 4 year older rule: that is, 18 year olds can go with 15 year olds, 19 with 16, 20 with 16, and 21 with 17. In addition, make it a felony for teachers to have sex with any students under them, even if over 18, if they are in school. This includes any grooming that may have been performed.

    This will eliminate about 30% of the registry. In addition, I"m not saying that kids should be allowed to have sex before 18 or before they are out of HS by any means; punishments can still be accorded, but not at the level of sex offender. They have started with Texting on this regard.

    2. Federalize ALL sex offenses as they do for banking crimes. This way they can standardize the crimes through all 50 states and US territories.

    3. Federalize the sex offender registry, and do not allow any private source to access the registry for their own purposes. The problem with private registries is that they are not accountable for mistakes, and in many cases they do not change as needed. For instance, an offender may move from a residence, then an innocent family move into that residence. When someone looks at a private registry and targets the house, they may hurt or kill an innocent person rather than the perv, and that would cause legal problems. Therefore, keeping the registry under strict accountability is key.

    4. All sex offenses should result in the following:

    a) Immediate separation of their children and any influence in their children's lives while registered.
    b) If the crime is done to someone not in the family, an immediate seizure of all financial assets, including car, home, property, and bank accounts. Such financial assets should be distributed to court costs, sentencing costs, and incarceration costs; also to the victims, or if no victims such as internet stings or child porn involving unknown or fake children, distributed to victims' assistance groups. Only allow enough assets for legal defense of the crime charged for the initial trial; no money need be set aside for appeals. While technically the money cannot be seized until a guilty verdict is rendered, the control of such money can be prevented upon arrest.
    c) Ease of divorce by spouse: Suspend any divorce roadblocks meant to keep families together. If spouse is not implicated in the crime, spouse gets complete supervision of children.

    Upon conviction:

    Sentencing should be done at the federal level, where there is no parole. They should create a special prison for sex offenders, as remote as possible, as harsh as conditions as humanely allowable for prisoners including hard labor (REAL "hard labor" involving intense physical work; not this legal crap such as Louisiana uses). The MINIMUM sentence for a first time offense is 5 years; but most offenses should be for 10 years or more.

    For any sentence that involves release, a board shall convene to assess the actual release requirements for all offenders. As a minimum, each offender shall go through an intensive sex offender evaluation process (paid for by the seized assets). If offenders cannot pass it, then they need to go to a federal civil commitment center. Note that most of the people that currently go to them NOW would not get out of prison in the first place as their sentences will be decades, if not life (no parole in federal prison).

    NOW, once they are released... we are not done!!

    Instead of being released to the community, they are assessed a Tier Level for their sex offense, preferably along the lines of the current system of 15 years, 25 years, and lifetime. Once assessed, they go to a zone created specifically for RSO's, preferably in the center of Alaska or, if need be, within CONUS in the middle of the desert. TEchnically, these would not be jails or prisons, but highly, constitutionally monitored zones. Offenders would have to live in the zone. They would have to have approved jobs within the zone, and not be able to have access to Internet, alcohol, and other items detrimental to their being. They would live in barracks-like existence, and have to pay for their upkeep.

    Prison? Nope. This would be EASY to set up, and yes, it can be done constitutionally. But the bottom line is that instead of coming up with sentences of death, and as I said earlier, I have no qualms of killing anyone who have hurt or abused my children.

    What say?

    NOTE: This post may be moved to its own thread by moderators. I only posted here because I cannot make my own thread, and this is the most appropriate location for this discussion for me to post at.
    Registered Sex Offenders need to be monitored 24/7.

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Todd Picuyane For This Useful Post:


  24. #163
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    24,301
    I saw a sign that said don't test on animals,test on a pediphile!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:


  26. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Picuyane View Post
    LOL...since over half the answers involve death, I wonder where that leaves simple serial murderers.

    The problem I have with this poll is that sex offenses run the gamut from the 21 yo's with 17 yo's to the serial rapist/torturer/murderer like John Couey all the way to kids who play doctor at age 12 (yes, they are on the registry, though not on the Internet). Next, if we are only going to execute less than 1% of all murderers, it is prohibitively expensive to kill all sex offenders from a standpoint of ROI alone.

    Better is the following:

    1. All murderers should be executed, no matter or not if rape was involved.
    2. All forcible rapes involving <18 should end up in LWOP. Period. No plea bargains. Important note: I purposeful said "forceful" rather than "consensual", because consent is a LEGAL definition, not an ACTUAL definition. Two parties can willingly have sex with each other, but it is not concensual if one of the parties is underage (or if both parties are underage, whatever laws constitute a crime at that point with regard to age difference).
    3. Any rape of a minor, or non-consensual sex act of an adult, that occurs after a kidnapping act should end ip in LWOP. Period. No plea bargains.

    An important note: If I catch the perp attacking my own child myself, he will not go through normal "justice" methods. I will kill him after torturing him and making him feel pain. This is not a threat, and frankly, I don't care about being caught. I don't say anything different than we all FEEL here; the difference is that I have the means to execute the process.

    Having said that:

    We come to the oodles of gray area as to punishments. For instance, I cannot for the life of me understand why the age of consent in ANY state be less than 18 years old for sex. It is ironic, for instance, that a 50 year old man can screw a 16 year old freshman or sophomore in high school in many states and be perfectly legal, while that 16 year old girl can have sex with a 15 year old boy and be labeled a Tier 3 predator. While both incidents are crimes, obviously we have no concept here. What I would propose is this:

    1. Immediately force all states, through witholding of Byrne grants or similar funding mechanisms, to institute an 18-year-old age of consent minimum age. In addition, I would also institute a gradated method of punishment, so that would preclude 19 year olds with 17 year old girlfriends. I would probably use the 3 year and 4 year older rule: that is, 18 year olds can go with 15 year olds, 19 with 16, 20 with 16, and 21 with 17. In addition, make it a felony for teachers to have sex with any students under them, even if over 18, if they are in school. This includes any grooming that may have been performed.

    This will eliminate about 30% of the registry. In addition, I"m not saying that kids should be allowed to have sex before 18 or before they are out of HS by any means; punishments can still be accorded, but not at the level of sex offender. They have started with Texting on this regard.

    2. Federalize ALL sex offenses as they do for banking crimes. This way they can standardize the crimes through all 50 states and US territories.

    3. Federalize the sex offender registry, and do not allow any private source to access the registry for their own purposes. The problem with private registries is that they are not accountable for mistakes, and in many cases they do not change as needed. For instance, an offender may move from a residence, then an innocent family move into that residence. When someone looks at a private registry and targets the house, they may hurt or kill an innocent person rather than the perv, and that would cause legal problems. Therefore, keeping the registry under strict accountability is key.

    4. All sex offenses should result in the following:

    a) Immediate separation of their children and any influence in their children's lives while registered.
    b) If the crime is done to someone not in the family, an immediate seizure of all financial assets, including car, home, property, and bank accounts. Such financial assets should be distributed to court costs, sentencing costs, and incarceration costs; also to the victims, or if no victims such as internet stings or child porn involving unknown or fake children, distributed to victims' assistance groups. Only allow enough assets for legal defense of the crime charged for the initial trial; no money need be set aside for appeals. While technically the money cannot be seized until a guilty verdict is rendered, the control of such money can be prevented upon arrest.
    c) Ease of divorce by spouse: Suspend any divorce roadblocks meant to keep families together. If spouse is not implicated in the crime, spouse gets complete supervision of children.

    Upon conviction:

    Sentencing should be done at the federal level, where there is no parole. They should create a special prison for sex offenders, as remote as possible, as harsh as conditions as humanely allowable for prisoners including hard labor (REAL "hard labor" involving intense physical work; not this legal crap such as Louisiana uses). The MINIMUM sentence for a first time offense is 5 years; but most offenses should be for 10 years or more.

    For any sentence that involves release, a board shall convene to assess the actual release requirements for all offenders. As a minimum, each offender shall go through an intensive sex offender evaluation process (paid for by the seized assets). If offenders cannot pass it, then they need to go to a federal civil commitment center. Note that most of the people that currently go to them NOW would not get out of prison in the first place as their sentences will be decades, if not life (no parole in federal prison).

    NOW, once they are released... we are not done!!

    Instead of being released to the community, they are assessed a Tier Level for their sex offense, preferably along the lines of the current system of 15 years, 25 years, and lifetime. Once assessed, they go to a zone created specifically for RSO's, preferably in the center of Alaska or, if need be, within CONUS in the middle of the desert. TEchnically, these would not be jails or prisons, but highly, constitutionally monitored zones. Offenders would have to live in the zone. They would have to have approved jobs within the zone, and not be able to have access to Internet, alcohol, and other items detrimental to their being. They would live in barracks-like existence, and have to pay for their upkeep.

    Prison? Nope. This would be EASY to set up, and yes, it can be done constitutionally. But the bottom line is that instead of coming up with sentences of death, and as I said earlier, I have no qualms of killing anyone who have hurt or abused my children.

    What say?

    NOTE: This post may be moved to its own thread by moderators. I only posted here because I cannot make my own thread, and this is the most appropriate location for this discussion for me to post at.
    I would vote you into office!

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mysterymom7 For This Useful Post:


  28. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,687
    Lobotomy in addition to many of the the other suggestions.

    Just take a hand drill and apply it to the part of the brain that controls the thought process.

    Then do what ever else you want with them. Also, I really don't care what order it's done in.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:


  30. #166
    kaRN's Avatar
    kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Where the Mayor smokes crack
    Posts
    4,415
    Death by General Population works for me. Then we harvest their organs. Win win IMO.

    Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

    Copyright that Cindy

    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaRN For This Useful Post:


  32. #167
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpRising View Post
    Medical castration and LWOP... on a Ped Farm, in the middle of nowhere, with only very basic necessities.

    Death, IMO, would be too nice.
    BBM

    How about:

    on an Island somewhere to fend for themselves, "Lord of the Flies" style.

    Pedophisland.
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this child. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

    Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:


  34. #168
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Crossroads of America
    Posts
    1,692
    Oh, so many violent options. It bothers me when the perceived solution to violence is violence in retaliation. I wanted to vote for "Long prison term with intense counseling then review for possible parole" but it doesn't seem that counseling is effective with pedophiles; nor is incarceration. There are so many repeat offenders. I think the only rational option is life without parole. I did consider life in a mental health ward with heavy sedation also. Oh, and I do like LisaB's idea of Pedophisland. I've often thought a penal colony on a remote island, where prisoners farm their own food, would be fitting for lifers.
    Whoever has no rule over his own spirit Is like a city broken down, without walls. - Proverbs 25:258

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Indy Anna For This Useful Post:


  36. #169
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,781
    i read a bumper sticker or something that said something like: "Armless keeps them Harmless"

    not exactly an answer -- but i ponder it from time to time... all i believe is that there is no such thing as rehab for these guys...and that some of the people listed as offenders are not true offenders which totally complicates EVERYTHING. and the term "sex offender" is too vague... i wanna know if they attack children, boys or girls or both and of what ages or is this some kind of peeper/stalker adult violent stranger raper...not someone who pee'd outside the bar and got arrested or some 18yr old with a 16year old girlfriend...kwim?

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:


  38. #170
    I hate that these criminals are the reason for so much fear in our communities.

    And I hate that so much money, time and effort must be put into law- and policy-making because of them. That so many resources that could be used elsewhere must go toward making sure child sex offenders are caught and prosecuted, that potential victims (ie, any child at all, anywhere) are not more at risk than can be helped, and that abused kids get what they need to heal.

    I hate that when these sickos go to jail, WE are paying for their keep, their legal aid.

    I hate to even think about how many families and futures have suffered because of habitual child molesters.

    And I hate that the terrible harm they do outweighs the kindness that is natural to my spirit, and makes me a hateful, frightened person who wishes nothing better than death for those with this incurable psychopathy.

    Lethal injection for third strike.

    ^ I'd say 'first strike', because hell, there's at least TWO more young and innocent lives ruined right there, but that stubborn patch of kindness in me says 'there's always room for error'. Once, at a very large stretch twice. Three times? No way.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Ausgirl For This Useful Post:


  40. #171
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    S.E. England
    Posts
    823
    After the recent cases in Wyoming, Colorado and the UK, I've changed my vote to the cabin in the woods. Quite frankly, anything else is too good for them.

  41. #172
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    870
    Castration is the best idea, along with a ton of therapy. But there's two problems:

    1. Most people who sexually attack others do it for power, it's almost never sexually motivated. So castration could possibly make what future children go through that much worse.

    2. After all of the Eugenics movements and sterilization of the feeble-minded all the way until the 70's, I doubt that would ever actually happen.

  42. #173
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    16

    Angry LA~Grandparents want justice/Who brutally raped their 2 yr old grandson??

    were the grandparents that havent stopped for justice for our grandson.hopefully it will be solved soon,have new people in sheriffs dept a new sheriff an a wonderful dectective

  43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to calvin359 For This Useful Post:


  44. #174
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northwest Georgia
    Posts
    34
    I voted all of the above, but I don't think anyone who molests/rapes a little child should be paroled. Ever. Unfortunately, they usually are. So I think if they are released back into the world they should have PEDO tattooed onto their forehead, chin, nose, hands, or neck (or all). It should be very, very easy for a mother to spot one of those demented freaks and keep her kids and herself away from him. There should be some kind of visible marking and I would also not be opposed to castration.

    Daily water-boarding for the entire duration of their prison stay would suit me fine and maybe even discourage repeat offenders. It would make it easier for me to accept that I'm helping pay for shelter, food, television, and educations for perverts.
    Until every child is found
    Until tears are shed no more
    Until madmen are locked in cages
    I'll keep a ribbon on my door.

  45. The Following User Says Thank You to LonelyPoet For This Useful Post:


  46. #175
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth (usually)
    Posts
    81
    Either life without parole (in general population) or death.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 02:36 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 02:18 PM
  3. L.A. pastor charged with sexually abusing 2 girls
    By Liz in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 01:17 PM
  4. Father Arrested For Sexually Abusing At Least Six Children
    By cathieq in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 12:11 AM
  5. Judge admits to beating, sexually abusing teens
    By Casshew in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 04:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •