Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW INFORMATION: Natalie Wood's 1981 death not an accident?

Redhead: Thanks for that refresher. Wow, I am impressed - you had that book on your shelf!

He did rule it an alcohol-related accident, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    Redhead: Thanks for that refresher. Wow, I am impressed - you had that book on your shelf!

He did rule it an alcohol-related accident, right?

you're welcome!!

actually, i had that book on the bookshelf right beside my computer desk LOL

(in a pile of "cause of death" books, forensics books and true crime books... i was a criminology major and i kept them close LOL)

noguchi's COD: accidental downing (as a result of the heavy jacket specifically)... with "intoxication... one of the factors involved in the fact she was unable to respond well to the emergency after she was in water" (p. 31). he believes she would have known to take off the heavy jacket if less intoxicated. he also says he tried to "soft pedal" (aka tone down) the fact that alcohol played a part in her death b/c he didn't want the criticism he'd seen/experienced when other celebs had been reported as dying from drugs/alcohol.

also, noguchi states that both he and the police did not suspect foul play but by nightfall that sunday "hollywood was alive with rumors" (p. 24).

any other questions - let me know!!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redheadedgal For This Useful Post:

Relatives want case re-opened

The star's drowning death is one of Hollywood's most enduring mysteries. Although the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office ruled that Wood's death was an accident, and the sheriff says the case is closed, others say there are pieces of the puzzle that don't make sense.

The actress' sister, Lana Wood, and the captain of the yacht Natalie Wood sailed with her husband, actor Robert Wagner, are asking the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office to re-open the case. So far, authorities have not responded to the request.

(more @ link)

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03...ood/index.html

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redheadedgal For This Useful Post:

IMO, Lana is looking for fame and fortune again. She hadn't acted for years and finally started doing bit parts again.

According to IMDB trivia, she's estranged from her sister's children and her family was PO'd when she wrote her "memoirs" about Natalie.

Robert Wagner is a great and well known actor... I think she's trying to ride his tail back to fame herself.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MagicRose99 For This Useful Post:

I have always thought that there was something hinky about Natalie's death. I am undoubtful, however, that the case will be re-opened going on 30 years after her death.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PomMom12 For This Useful Post:

I have always thought the drinking and fighting led to her drowning. She either tried to take off in the dinghy in anger, or somehow fell in. Taking off in the dinghy might be something an intoxicated water-phobe might do - if angry and feeling "dramatic" enough, if that makes sense. I always loved both of them and don't think RJ would have killed her intentionally. But it has always seemed clear there was fighting and overindulgence and that combo can be dangerous, especially on a boat.

Eve

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eve For This Useful Post:

Natalie Wood was always one of my favorite actresses, and I remember hearing about her death. I, too, always thought it seemed a bit suspicious, but it was ruled an accident.

That said, to read that Robert Wagner hung around Warren Beatty's house with a gun hoping to shoot him sure doesn't speak well of Wagner. And then to hear he smashed a bottle on the table on the boat, Splendor because he was jealous of Christopher Walken on the night Natalie perished, gives me pause to wonder.

If Natalie was trying to launch the dingy, then I have to ask, what was happening on that boat that was so bad she was hoping to escape? It may have really been an accident, but I think Robert Wagner may have driven her to want to escape. By his own admission, he had a real problem controlling his temper.
    Last edited by justthinkin; 03-08-2010 at 07:24 PM.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:

I remember when she died. I had just turned sixteen, and the week-end before I had watched 'Splendor in the Grass' for what must have been the kazillionth time. It is still one of my favorite movies. I remember being absolutely shocked by her death.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I cannot imagine Wagner killing her...Christopher Walken however....creepy dude.

While the creepy persona that follows him is undeniable, thanks to the many dark roles he has played in his career, in reality he is not creepy at all... I have followed his career for years and was lucky enough to have encountered him in-person, last week: he is a very nice guy. It is true that he keeps quiet about Natalie... but that goes along with how he lives his life: he keeps his life quiet and well away from the spotlight of Hollywood. (He doesn't live in Hollywood and never fell into the Hollywood lifestyle of putting his personal life and face out there. He loves working, and when he isn't off shooting a movie or doing a play, he's a homebody that prefers his house in the country (in the northeast), with his cats, and wife of 35+ years.)
    Last edited by Elphaba; 03-09-2010 at 05:17 AM.

17. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

Natalie Wood’s family have a right to know what really happened. I have not at all had a good feeling about Robert Wagner.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

Ø My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to arielilane For This Useful Post:

Yes, I think the combo of drinking and the fight led her to do something she wouldn't have normally. However, when I first learned about it, I immediately thought Wagner did her in. Of course, I was like 18 and suspicious!

ELPHALBA, I totally agree with you about Christopher Walken. He is one of my favorite actors of all time! In fact, I'm going to Manhattan for the first time and want to hit a Broadway show. I didn't want to see all the usual ones i.e. Phantom of the Opera, Lion King, West Side Story, etc. So, after doing a little research I found one called, "The Behanding in Spokane". The title made me curious and I'm glad I looked it up! Christopher Walken is in it and I got the best seats I could find! My sister was like, "He's so creepy and weird." to which I replied nearly exactly as you did. Also, he loves to DANCE!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SDkid For This Useful Post:

Lana has always wanted to make this more than an accident. Unfortunately when people drink and are near water sometimes they fall in. Just look at that executive in New Orleans. If there wasn't video showing him drunk and alone I am sure everyone would be claiming foul play and someone pushed him.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WmHersey For This Useful Post:

I thought she was so beautiful. I was hurt when I learned of her death. I have always suspected Robert. Isn't it normal to suspect the spouse.
    Last edited by RayStar; 03-09-2010 at 09:59 PM.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RayStar For This Useful Post:

I didn't know about the finger nail scratches on the dinghy. That's really weird for a movie star to mess up her nails trying to grab onto some boat, drunk as a skunk or not. She was a wealthy star, why didn't she try to rouse the captain, her employee, and have him take her to shore? If it were just some case between unknown people on here, I'd automatically think a drunk husband might have been trying to order his wife off of the boat and forced her over into the dinghy. Maybe the fingernail marks were terror of going into the water on a tiny boat. Not saying he did it, but nice men don't smash bottles, accuse people secluded out on water of cheating, or lay in wait hoping to shoot someone.
    Last edited by txsvicki; 03-11-2010 at 02:06 AM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

As smart blonde stated, I too still remember her death. She was beautiful. Sorry this case, (as I see it as one) was not solved.

She looked like my mom when they were both young.

Gozgals

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gozgals For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I didn't know about the finger nail scratches on the dinghy. That's really weird for a movie star to mess up her nails trying to grab onto some boat, drunk as a skunk or not. She was a wealthy star, why didn't she try to rouse the captain, her employee, and have him take her to shore? If it were just some case between unknown people on here, I'd automatically think a drunk husband might have been trying to order his wife off of the boat and forced her over into the dinghy. Maybe the fingernail marks were terror of going into the water on a tiny boat. Not saying he did it, but nice men don't smash bottles, accuse people secluded out on water of cheating, or lay in wait hoping to shoot someone.
    If someone goes over board drunk or not they are gonna use any means necessary to try and save themselves I highly doubt being a actress and caring about her nails came into play.JMO Alot of people aren't so nice when they drink and smash things and even people who arent drinking say hurtful and accusing things when they are fighting doesnt mean they aren't nice people and sure doesnt mean they would murder.Personally I do believe it was a accident and she fought to stay alive and panic set in. But anything is possible I guess.
    "Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you"... Sincerely, Tricia Griffith and the Websleuths Family

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cuppy199 For This Useful Post:

Just saw this: Natalie Woods death investigation is reopening. Wow, I was always suspicious about this case. I heard she couldn't swim or hated water.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...alie-wood?bn=1

33. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

35. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Wow, the new information must be very compelling. I can't wait to learn more!

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PoppyMcTwist For This Useful Post:

after all this time, I wonder if someone talked?
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/17/justic...ood/index.html

(snip)
    Homicide investigators are taking a new look at one of Hollywood's most enduring mysteries after they were contacted by people who claimed they had "additional information" about the drowning, the sheriff's department said in a statement.
    Authorities didn't provide further details late Thursday and said a news conference on the matter will be held Friday at 11 a.m. (2 p.m. ET).

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Natalie Wood investigation prompted by boat captain's comments
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-comments.html

(snip)
    A law enforcement source added that the department had recently received a letter from an unidentified "third party" who said that the captain had "new recollections" about the case. The source spoke on the condition of anonymity because the case was ongoing.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Audio Interview with TMZ and Authors declaration and petition to LE at the below link.
    Natalie Wood DeathBook Triggered Homicide Investigation
    http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/17/natali...investigation/

Marti Rulli Statement Submitted With Public Petition to LACSD
    http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk...eclaration.pdf

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Hollywood has always been the land of cover up and protect stars from scandal land IMO.I will never forget hearing news of her death.I was 22 and very pregnant with my first baby.I was devastated,I adored her watched all her movies I also was a big fan of Robert's.But I always felt she was murdered by him and that it was covered up because he and Walken were also very big stars.She was terrified of water her whole life,no way would she try to take the dingy,she did not even like being on the yacht but it was Roberts toy.After her death I have not been able to stand either one of them on tv or in a movie,they both make my skin crawl.Growing up I had a huge crush on Robert Wagner but that disappeared the night he IMO killed Natalie.Rumored affair with Walkin,Jealous Husband with a horrible temper and drinking I can see it leading to her murder.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

47. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikeysmommom For This Useful Post:

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    My mom's theory was Natalie caught Robert and Walken together and was gonna spill the beans on them so they tossed her overboard.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

49. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikeysmommom For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast