953 users online (135 members and 818 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MI - Brendan Chobod, 11, Isabella County, 11 Sept 2009

Amber Alert: 11-Year-Old Boy Missing

An Amber Alert has been issued for Brendan Michael Chobod. The Isabella County Sheriff's Office is investigating this endangered missing child incident, and says the boy has gone missing from a trailer near Chippewa and M-20. We're told the child was last seen napping at the home and was gone when checked upon on the afternoon of September 11, 2009. Police say he is believed to be in extreme danger and has a severe disability.

Brendan Chobod is described as eleven-years-old, 4'8" tall and weighing 55 pounds. We're told he has blue eyes and brown hair. There is no clothing description.

The Isabella County Sheriff's Office says Brendan Chobod could possibly be in a gray GMC van with the license plate number CAT 2531. According to police, the person who may be driving that vehicle is not considered a kidnapping suspect.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...alert_isabella

Brendan's NCMEC Poster: http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Brendan was last seen September 11, 2009. He was last seen wearing white sneakers with camouflage stripes. Brendan may be traveling in a blue GMC van with a trailer on the back and Michigan license plates CAT2531. He has a scar on his neck. Brendan may be in need of medical attention.

Chobod, who has the mental capacity of a 5-year-old, is 4 feet, 8 inches tall with light brown hair and blue eyes, and weighs about 50 to 60 pounds, the sheriff said. Mioduszewski said police are concerned because the boy has never left his home without permission from his mother, and that a former neighbor who had been evicted was seen in the area in the past few days.

Police are looking for a vehicle that may be involved: a gray, GMC van, license number CAT2531, which may be driven by a man named Andrew Smith, who is not considered to be a kidnapping suspect.

Although police are not sure what the boy was wearing, he likely was wearing white tennis shoes with camouflage stripes and has a tracheotomy scaron his neck and other surgical scars, the sheriff said. (See detail photo)

Chobod is also highly allergic to bee stings and has asthma, and was without his medication, Mioduszewski said.

Much more at link: http://www.themorningsun.com/article...8391855903.txt

....Police are looking for a vehicle that may be involved: a gray, GMC van, license number CAT2531, which may be driven by a man named Andrew Smith, who is not considered to be a kidnapping suspect.....snipped

Bolded by me and snipped by eyes=======

What does that mean? Andrew Smith is driving the car but not considered to be the kidnapper? Sorry, but I'm confused. TIA
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

I'm confused, too, eyes. At this point, I don't think they're certain it's an abduction. They are just considering that possibility. They have helecoptors, search teams, and dogs out everywhere, according to the articles. Maybe Andrew Smith is the former neighbor that was seen in the area? And at this point they just want to contact him? That's my guess, at this point.

A helicopter is searching from the air, while ground crews are scouring neighborhoods and the woods.
    From http://www.9and10news.com/category/story/?id=169791

Praying for Brendan! I hope he is found soon.

Found an Andrew Smith in MI on family watchdog. Lives 2 1/2 hours from Mt. Pleasant, which is where Brendan went missing from.

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    Found an Andrew Smith in MI on family watchdog. Lives 2 1/2 hours from Mt. Pleasant, which is where Brendan went missing from.
    Oh that's not good. His offense is Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 4th Degree. According to http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/poli...efinitions.asp it looks like that means it was sexual contact with a child 13, 14, or 15. Hoping it's not the same guy.

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    ....Police are looking for a vehicle that may be involved: a gray, GMC van, license number CAT2531, which may be driven by a man named Andrew Smith, who is not considered to be a kidnapping suspect.....snipped

Bolded by me and snipped by eyes=======

What does that mean? Andrew Smith is driving the car but not considered to be the kidnapper? Sorry, but I'm confused. TIA
    So he didn't kidnap him, just TOOK him without permission???

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLil View Post
    So he didn't kidnap him, just TOOK him without permission???
    I don't think LE knows what happened. They are just considering that option. They don't know for sure if Brendan was kidnapped or if something else happened, like he wandered off. The way they are saying it *is really odd though.

Here's how it works. LE does not know for certain this man took the child, therefore they can not say HE DID until it is confirmed. Right now he is wanted for questioning, nothing more. If LE names him as the person who took the child and he was not involved, he could sue LE for defamation. Thus, LE will only say they would like to question him. Hope that explains......
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Hoping for updates on Brenden but not seeing any. Praying that they can find him quickly and that he is safe.

I put in a request to our astros, hopefully they can do a chart on Brendan.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Wow! Sure not much news to be found on this missing special needs fella! I am shocked! I too am confused by the use of the words, "not a suspect" but do you think perhaps LE could be using that sort of language to encourage this guy to drop him off somewhere safe/call in/bring him home, etc?

My prayers go out to this kid!

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    just a few "what?s" from nurse:

~was this kid in school? Why was he home napping today?
    ~was mom the regular caregiver? Did she work? Did she have a babysitter?
    ~if the child was at home why is there no clothing description..
    ~lastly... how is this dude in the car related to the family in the past?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast