1339 users online (314 members and 1025 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

UK - Jayne Hansen, 57, Eastbourne, 28 Aug 2009

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ex/8247811.stm

10 Sept 09

An American woman staying in East Sussex has not been seen for nearly two weeks despite all her belongings still remaining in her hotel room.

Police in Eastbourne have expressed concern for the welfare of Jayne Hansen, 57, from New York, who had been staying alone at the Hydro Hotel.

She booked in on 13 July but has not been seen since 28 August, when she renewed her booking until 2 September.

Items including her passport, cash and credit cards were found in her room.

Ms Hansen, who is divorced, is described as being 5ft 6ins (1.6m) tall, and of medium build.

Father's death

She normally wears glasses and was last seen wearing a light coloured mid-length coat, light blue trousers and white footwear.

Sussex Police said she was originally from the UK, and had visited Eastbourne before and stayed at the same hotel.

Her current visit may have been at least partly connected to the eighth anniversary of her father Alex's death in Eastbourne on 11 September 2001.

more at link

pic
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bob_Me/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-30.png[/IMG]
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

Eastbourne is really close to Beachy Head-famous suicide spot.
    Was she OK? Depressed?

Rest in peace, Jayne.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ex/8252085.stm

Body of Missing US Woman is Found

. . .

Sussex Police said that a body recovered at Beachy Head was that of missing Jayne Hansen.

. . .

I knew Jayne Hansen (nee Donkin) as a beautiful redhaired schoolgirl in the 1960's in Ilford, Essex, UK. Is there anyone who knew her during her time in NY,or anywhere in the USA?

Her sister Christine, in Scotland, would also be interested in news.

There is a Jayne E Hansen listed in Manhattan, and previously in Flushing, NY, which I think must have been her. But here in the UK I cannot sign up to the USA people search sites, because they need a USA phone and Zip code for Credit cards.
    Can anyone help with the information?
    Relatives are stated as Kjetil, Matthew and Anne.