UT - 5 or 6 year old girl assaulted and found in neighbors yard.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Omg, I hope they find the responsible.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7886871

A West Valley City neighborhood is reeling after a shocking act of violence against a little girl. Police say she is 5 or 6 years old and someone assaulted her.

The girl was taken to the hospital in serious condition. West Valley police say they have no suspects in the assault. They're not going into detail about her injuries and are still investigating if this was a sexual assault. The girl was found in the backyard of a home in her neighborhood, but the crime scene spans two homes: the first, where the little girl was found; the second, just over the fence where a neighbor heard her crying.

More at link

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=50531

(snips)

A West Valley City neighborhood is watching its children after a five year old girl was discovered bleeding and unconscious in a backyard.

“Honestly when I first saw her, I thought, she is not alive,” said Shelley Rodriguez.

Her teenage neighbor initially reported finding the girl to his parents, who then called police. He saw her or heard her behind the shared portion of the fence, an area that crime scene investigators and detectives combed throughout Friday evening.
Police say the people who live where the girl was found don’t know the victim, and never saw how she came to be in the yard.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/5-year-old-girl-assaulted-in-West-Valley/7LAQiDVz6E6SPZwqznzV1g.cspx

(snip)
"She had obviously been assaulted. She was conscious, but she really wasn't talking to us a whole lot," West Valley Police Lt. Dalan Taylor said.

West Valley police knew the 5-year old girl lived close to where she was found, but they still don't know how she wound-up there.

Police say the girl was taken to a hospital while they blocked-off two yards to look for evidence of an assault on the child. A neighbor says she was naked from the waist down.

Gosh, this reminds me of the little girl in Broken Arrow, OK awhile back who was kidnapped, raped, and dropped off in the street. :( They still haven't caught the perp, but they have a sketch, description of the vehicle, and I think they also have DNA.

In the KSL report a neighbor says her parents are responsible people and she has seen the girl walking to a friend's house before with her Barbies. She is five years old! How is this responsible parenting?

Was she reported as being missing? Did they even know she was missing? Was she missing at all?

Neighbor Stephanie Warr also got a call from the teenager's parents, who asked her to go over and help. She says the little girl was lying in weeds, drifting in and out of consciousness.

"It was evident that it had recently been done," Warr said.

Warr describes her as a friendly little girl with responsible parents. She's seen her walking down the street to a friends' house before.

"When she's walked by, she's had Barbies. And we've teased her we want to play with her Barbies," Warr said.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7886871 BBM

So are we suspecting the teenage male who found her knowing his parents were not home?

What time did he find her? What was he doing prior to finding her? How old is he?

Again, I have to ask about her parents...where were they while their little girl was being harmed? Where was she last seen? Who was she supposed to be with at the time? Could the parents be responsible for this crime? Are there older siblings? How far away do they live from where she was found?

In the KSL report a neighbor says her parents are responsible people and she has seen the girl walking to a friend's house before with her Barbies. She is five years old! How is this responsible parenting?

Was she reported as being missing? Did they even know she was missing? Was she missing at all?

Neighbor Stephanie Warr also got a call from the teenager's parents, who asked her to go over and help. She says the little girl was lying in weeds, drifting in and out of consciousness.

"It was evident that it had recently been done," Warr said.

Warr describes her as a friendly little girl with responsible parents. She's seen her walking down the street to a friends' house before.

"When she's walked by, she's had Barbies. And we've teased her we want to play with her Barbies," Warr said.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7886871 BBM
bbm

that seems a little normal to me, my son is addicted to trains and he is always carrying his trains around with him, at least once a day someone will say to him. give me them trains i want to play with them

now im always there with him, he is not allowed to wonder the neighborhood
he is 5

The below linked article has more info. She had her clothes on. Evidently LE says that someone caused the injuries, but that yard attracts neighborhood kids who play on the tramp. This might be a case of an accident. Reporting has been horrible in this case. I heard about it when I was out to dinner and it was originally reported she was bleeding, naked on the side of the road. If it's not an accident, I'm feeling the angry neighborhood teenager.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13318716

(snip)
Taylor said detectives determined that the girl's injuries were inflicted by someone and not accidental. He would not elaborate.
Taylor said the girl was wearing clothes when officers arrived.
The residents of the home where the girl was found were unaware she was in their backyard until adjacent neighbors began climbing over their fence to help the girl, Taylor said. Taylor said it isn't uncommon for neighborhood
children to be in that particular back yard jumping on a trampoline. Taylor said it is unclear if that was what the girl was doing, but it is not how she was injured, he said.

The below linked article has more info. She had her clothes on. Evidently LE says that someone caused the injuries, but that yard attracts neighborhood kids who play on the tramp. This might be a case of an accident. Reporting has been horrible in this case. I heard about it when I was out to dinner and it was originally reported she was bleeding, naked on the side of the road. If it's not an accident, I'm feeling the angry neighborhood teenager.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13318716

(snip)
Taylor said detectives determined that the girl's injuries were inflicted by someone and not accidental. He would not elaborate.
Taylor said the girl was wearing clothes when officers arrived.
The residents of the home where the girl was found were unaware she was in their backyard until adjacent neighbors began climbing over their fence to help the girl, Taylor said. Taylor said it isn't uncommon for neighborhood
children to be in that particular back yard jumping on a trampoline.
Taylor said it is unclear if that was what the girl was doing, but it is not how she was injured, he said.

The girl could have quietly wandered into their backyard after her was injured because she's been to their yard before, then lost consciousness.

Looking at the yard there are signs of young to teenaged children living in that home: wooden swing set/gym, pool and trampoline. The yard isn't fenced in the front, so anyone could walk in.

If the residents of the home claimed they didn't even know the little girl was in their backyard (I'm getting more upset with her parents), and it's stated that neighborhood children commonly use their trampoline (negligent w/o supervision imo) I think it's also possible that the residents of that home are accustomed to ignoring the sounds of children playing/squealing in their backyard.

The view of the trampoline from their home is blocked behind a tree (again wtf), and it sits far enough back that if a young child is crying in that area you might not even hear it inside the house, or - being so close to the property line fences - they might have thought the crying was coming from another yard.

I would first look to any children that live in that home. They would be the most comfortable and territorial to assault another child in that backyard in broad daylight while their parents are home inside if that's how it happened.

It seems to me so far that the lack of adult supervision in this neighborhood was taken advantage of by someone familiar with it.

Marlene, I'm pretty shocked about that pool being unfenced. Most cities have a law against that. Those people are lucky a kid hasn't drowned.

bbm

that seems a little normal to me, my son is addicted to trains and he is always carrying his trains around with him, at least once a day someone will say to him. give me them trains i want to play with them

now im always there with him, he is not allowed to wonder the neighborhood
he is 5
While it is normal for children to carry around their favorite toys, it is not normal to allow a five year old to wander the neighborhood alone, imo.

Suzi~ It only said she was wearing clothes when the officers arrived tho. Could be someone put clothes on her after she was found. I still believe the part which said she was bleeding and half undressed.

God this is so sad.

Have they identified and talked to the parents yet?

A West Valley City girl who was found assaulted and bleeding in a neighbor's backyard Friday was released from the hospital Saturday.
West Valley Police say they've decided to leave her and her family alone this weekend to give them a chance to calm down. They plan to re-interview her on Monday.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7899363

Don Bullock is the father of that teenager. He said their hearts go out to the little girl, and that the past 24 hours have been very difficult.

"West Valley police have to do their job and took us all in. It was an ordeal to be uptown and treating him as the number one suspect instead of the hero that found her and got that little girl the help that was needed, so it's just been a traumatic time," he said.

West Valley police were on scene all day and into the night Saturday, going over the crime scene with a black light and taking photos

They've interviewed dozens of people in the neighborhood. They say the little girl lives within walking distance of where she was found.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7899363 BBM

This little girl is five years old and can tell them what happened to her if she isn't blocking it all out.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13325988

(snip)
The 17-year-old boy, meanwhile, alerted neighbors who came to the site to assist while paramedics were en route, Bullock said. Later, police interviewed the 17-year-old boy at the West Valley City police station and took one of his shirts as evidence, Bullock said.
"It turned into they were interrogating him as a suspect. I think that was wrong," Bullock said. "We know he had nothing to do with it He did the right thing, he got that girl some help."
Bullock said his 17-year-old son, who he adopted when the boy was 6, is disabled. He said his son has learning disabilities, and behavioral issues in the past including "inappropriate behavior," but said his son didn't hurt the girl and should be credited for her recovery. The girl's attack has shaken the neighborhood and his son, Bullock said.

One thing we can probably be grateful for this weekend is that she is out of the hospital which means she most likely did not require surgery. A good sign. She is at home safe and sound, hopefully, with parents who love her.

Like I said earlier, unless she blocks it out...she should be able to tell them everything that happened and even give a sketch artist details of the man who harmed her. I know the five year old girl in Broken Arrow did a detailed description and account of her assault. (Still haven't found him yet tho. :()

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back