817 users online (139 members and 678 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Vincent Giovanazzi, 17, Glendora, 27 Aug 2009

EDIT: Vincent has been found by search teams deceased.

This boys family is a friend of an old friend of mine. They are looking for volunteers for a search this weekend. I will try to find out more information.

Please help find Vincent Giovanazzi. He has been missing since about 5 o'clock Thursday afternoon (August 27, 2009).

He has been known to frequent Covina, Azusa, Baldwin Park, and Venice Beach. He is 17 yrs old, six feet tall, brown hair, green eyes.

If you have any information, no matter how subtle or small, please contact the Glendora Police Department at (626) 914-8250.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...30321&seqNum=1

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...0847830&ref=mf

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...0,888006.story
    Last edited by Julessleuther; 09-12-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Missing boy was found deceased.

Praying that Vincent is okay and is found soon.

I asked my contact if the phone records have been searched, and if they have pinpointed his last known location with the cell phone; I will let you know what she says.

I noticed he is listed on NCMEC as endangered runaway, but from what I understand, they are not certain he did run away.

Any local help or guidance on this is very much appreciated!

I noticed the Endangered Runaway listing as well. I also saw that there is a $20,000 reward (http://cbs2.com/local/Vincent.Giovan...2.1175866.html). Is all of that money being put up by the family? That is a very high amount for a runaway. Which makes me agree with you that it may not be a simple runaway case. For Vincent's sake and safety, I hope he did run away and is just hiding somewhere. Praying that the family gets some more answers and that Vincent can come home soon.

I am not sure how the money was raised--it sounds like he/they have a big circle of friends and family who are helping, so probably it is a combination of donations.

It is interesting to me that one of his hangout locations is Venice Beach, not Santa Monica or Manhattan Beach etc. First, is a fair distance from Glendora area, which is the foothills area near where the fires are/where. (I wonder if his disappearance has anything to do with the fires?) Also, Venice has unusual characters and some "shady" areas too. If he goes for the "beach" and surfing, there are definitely some better beaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    I noticed the Endangered Runaway listing as well. I also saw that there is a $20,000 reward (http://cbs2.com/local/Vincent.Giovan...2.1175866.html). Is all of that money being put up by the family? That is a very high amount for a runaway. Which makes me agree with you that it may not be a simple runaway case. For Vincent's sake and safety, I hope he did run away and is just hiding somewhere. Praying that the family gets some more answers and that Vincent can come home soon.

Very sad. My prayers go out to his family.

Yes, just coming here to post this--from the facebook page:

"On the morning of Saturday, September 12, 2009, Vincent Giovanazzi was found by search teams.

Your thoughts are prayers are needed right now as Vincent's family recovers from this terrible tragedy.

Thank you to everyone for all your support during this ordeal. I know that we had the highest of hopes, and we must continue to remain positive for the safe recovery of all missing family members around the globe.

Today, we mourn the loss of Vincent Antonio Giovanazzi."

My condolences to the family.

A handsome young man. Our prayers and condolensces to his family and friends.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Lexiintoronto is offline Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    I'm so sorry, Julessleuther. Such a tragic loss of a young man. A prayer for his loved ones who are grieving their loss.

Prayers for Vincent, his family and friends.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

Rest in peace Vincent

Maz

I'm sorry JS.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Rest in peace Vincent and may your family find the strength to get through these trying times. Julesleuther I am so sorry about the outcome.