975 users online (204 members and 771 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.

CA - Los Angeles, WhtMale UP3713, 30-45, cyanide suicide in hotel room, Oct'93

What do you think?

WARNING: MORGUE PHOTO
    http://coroner.lacounty.gov/htm/uipd...num=1993-09767

NAMUS REPORT:
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/3713

MISSING MAN DOE FILE:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2234dmuk.html

NEWS ARTICLE:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theonesho...christmas.html

Anyone???
    Snufamonbobball
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-06-2014 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Fixed bad link
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

We definitely need a height and weight for your possible match....tough to say.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I think the men look similar. With the passport missing and the car being abandoned at Heathrow, it's possible that Mr Durkin could be anywhere (I know they say he could have been seen in Crete, but I think it's possible he could have also traveled to the US.)

I think the chin area looks similar, the noses of both men seem turned down at the tip (there is a photo of Mr Durkin's profile on the Doe page), and the eyes look as though they could be similar in shape and size.

I'm sure someone with better skills at this will chime in.

Believe chimed in before I could finish typing! I knew someone with wisdom would be here.
    Last edited by Boyz_Mum; 09-12-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: addition

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    I can't believe I can't find a profile anywhere! All I can find is Mr. Durkin has blue eyes and brown hair, which is what the decedant has also.

Maybe his wife doesn't remember anymore and they don't want people to exclude possiblities based on her memory, we have all seen height and weight estimations that are way off, so i guess in that context it makes sense.

Snufamonbobball
    Last edited by Snufamonbobball; 09-13-2009 at 12:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Wink

From our local paper..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dorset/content/..._feature.shtml

And more from the respected Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...r-1505851.html

He seems to have maybe had hidden money troubles...
    I need to read more but I wonder about the steep, unstable cliffs at Burton and the treacherous sea, recently a womans car was found in the sea, along with the missing driver, months after she disappeared. Sea doesn't like to give up its dead here.
    I am waffling off the top of my head and need to read more

ETA I have a mole in Burton, will ask him on monday what he thinks
    Last edited by badhorsie; 09-13-2009 at 07:16 AM.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    The missing man, Sean, was 6'1" - the dead man is 5'9". Quite a difference.

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

It is the COD that intrigues me. Cyanide poisoning? This is a tough way to go...in my mind it is reserved for spies and serial killers who are trying to avoid their fate...you know, the net is closing in type stuff.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

While they look similiar what stood out to me most was the UID's hair looks considerably thinner than the missing man, who clearly has thicker wavy hair. While the UID's hair could be 'matted' from not being clean, I don't think it would appear straigther and thinner than the missing mans.

jmo of course. but that stood out mostly to me.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    From our local paper..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dorset/content/..._feature.shtml

And more from the respected Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...r-1505851.html

He seems to have maybe had hidden money troubles...
    I need to read more but I wonder about the steep, unstable cliffs at Burton and the treacherous sea, recently a womans car was found in the sea, along with the missing driver, months after she disappeared. Sea doesn't like to give up its dead here.
    I am waffling off the top of my head and need to read more

ETA I have a mole in Burton, will ask him on monday what he thinks
    I believe his car was found at Heathrow airport- not that that means jack squat with someone who is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufamonbobball View Post
    I believe his car was found at Heathrow airport- not that that means jack squat with someone who is missing.
    Did it say what was the make of the car?

I have a very stupid question please ignore if it's too outrageous.

The gentleman that was found in LA county USA ~ I don't see any dental details listed UID for the LA County USA man.

I'm not familiar with UK. I did live in Europe for three and half years (I know it's not the same as UK ) but I wonder what the dental details revealed in the UID found in LA USA?

Because at times, when comparing dental work from USA to Europe there can be marked differences in the detailing and materials used.

I think that the UID and the missing man are close enough in resemblence (even with the discrepancy in height) to look further into if this is a match.

I am only suggesting looking to see if there are dental details for the UID, that might give a clue as to what nationality or where this UID might have gotten dental work done. KWIM?

Sorry for the ramble, I saw an email as a point of contact on the Namus and thought questions might be able to be submitted through that email address.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

What strikes me are his lips. Having used cyanide they certainly have a rosy hue to them- and you can really see their shape. Take a look at the lips on the picture of Mr. Durkin where he is straight on-- maybe I'm just wanting to see something, but they look more than a little alike to me.

As for the dentals, I have no clue, I thought the P stood for missing post mortem- somehow I don't think he removed all his teeth just before his death- but maybe he wanted to eliminate the possibility dentals could be used for identification purposes- would you just ask if his dentals showed that the work could have been done in another country?

Snufamonbobball

Quote Originally Posted by Snufamonbobball View Post
    What strikes me are his lips. Having used cyanide they certainly have a rosy hue to them- and you can really see their shape. Take a look at the lips on the picture of Mr. Durkin where he is straight on-- maybe I'm just wanting to see something, but they look more than a little alike to me.

As for the dentals, I have no clue, I thought the P stood for missing post mortem- somehow I don't think he removed all his teeth just before his death- but maybe he wanted to eliminate the possibility dentals could be used for identification purposes- would you just ask if his dentals showed that the work could have been done in another country?

Snufamonbobball
    That struck me too snufamonboball. The IUD's coloring isn't what I would have expected for a cyanide poisoning.

So of course I had to go look it up. I found one article that gave a possible description of post mortem appeareance of cyanide poisoning.

http://cyanidepoisoning.blogspot.com...y-finding.html

As for the questioning of the dental work. I think someone else here would have more experience and knowledge on how to pose a question about dental work to the person at the email.

I rarely, if ever, do any work on the UID's here. I focus more on the missing/support forum.

Good luck and I hope you have been able to identify this man.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by KivaSupporter View Post
    Did it say what was the make of the car?
    I believe one of the articles (in a posting above) said his vehicle was a Volvo. That is the one found at the airport.
    The unidentified was man had a key to a BMW.
    The best advice I give to my children: Tell the truth - whether you like it or not.

I agree about the lips looking so similar. My mole in Burton is in Ireland ATM, when he is back, I will ask him what he knows

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast