AZ - Christina Martinez, 15, abducted & murdered, Phoenix, 3 May 1997 *Arrest*

believe09

Reaction score
Case #: 000410-1058
Victim: Unknown, Jane Doe #7
Suspect: Craig Jacobsen A.K.A. John Flowers
Date: Late April/early May 1997
Synopsis:
On 05-10-1997 the body of an unidentified female was located by hunters in a remote, desert area near Florence, Arizona. On 08-16-1997, the wife of Craig Jacobsen led police to the grave-site of another female, identified as Ginger Rios, which was in very close proximity to the one previously discovered on 05-10-1997. Jacobsen pled guilty to murdering Rios and is currently in the Nevada State Prison system. Jacobsen also admitted to killing the other female in Las Vegas and burying her in Arizona. He said her name was Mary Stoddard and that her father was a chiropractor. She is described as follows: Caucasian female, 16-18 years of age, approximately 5' 4" tall. On her right, pinkie finger she wore a yellow metal ring with two clear stones and one light purple stone. On her left ring finger she wore a yellow metal ring fashioned like two twisted wires with the letters "M" or "W". See below for photographs of the rings. It is believed she was in Las Vegas, Nevada at the time of her murder.

http://www.lvmpd.com/bureaus/homicide_coldcases90.html

There are excellent pictures of her jewelry on the website

I did some preliminary searching around her story that her father was a chiro. I instantly found this:
STODDARD, GARY RALPH (Age 57)
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Associated names:
spacer.gif

STODDARD, GARY DC
spacer.gif

STODDARD, GARY R DC
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Possible Employment / Business Associations:
spacer.gif

ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE PROVIDERS P C
spacer.gif

ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE PROVIDERS, PC
spacer.gif
Available(6)AvailableMESA, AZ
spacer.gif

TEMPE, AZ Possible Roommates / Associates:
spacer.gif

OPIE, VALERRE GAYE (Age 49)
spacer.gif

OPIE, DOUGLAS DCHIROPRACTOR (Age 53)
spacer.gif

OPIE, DELBERT MARLENE (Age 79)
spacer.gif

STODDARD, DEBRA BELLE (Age 55)
spacer.gif

STODDARD, CHRISTINA L (Age 33)
spacer.gif

STODDARD, SCOTT JAMES (Age 33)
spacer.gif

STODDARD, CHARLES
spacer.gif
View

This man is a practitioner at OPIE Chiropracters in Mesa, AZ. He is the right age to have fathered a girl of her alleged age, 16-18 years of age.

I found him listed on a national list of practitioners:
Opie Chiropractic​
Gary​
110 South Mesa Drive
85210​
Stoddard​
AZ​
480-833-8863
http://www.creativebenefitdesign.com/images/Chiro_National.pdf

So I say to myself, what are the chances his youngest child is missing/runaway???

Thoughts anyone?

For reference, here is info about Ginger Rios:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/578369/

and more info about Jane Doe--look at Jane Doe #2 listed here. They offer no info about her being a Stoddard. I know several Stoddards, it is a common name in AZ. According to this site, he is eligible for parole!
http://www.missingnativewomen.ca/arizona.html

I wonder why he would bury them in Florence; I wonder if he had a connection there. Florence is FAR from Las Vegas, all the way on the other side of the state of AZ, and it seems there would be plenty of remote places to put them closer to Las Vegas.

If you google stoddard chiropractic, you get a 3 or 4 different clinics- california, idaho, washington. you would think someone would have talked to the doctors at those clinics, but ya know-- I never believe killers.

Like keith jesperson, her name might have been "Carla" he doesn't know, he didn't care enough to know her name. If they do remember their names, I don't think they would give it up that easily. I think its just something they do to watch the police search, then the police and media come asking for THEIR help, because they are all malignant narcissists. Its just one more way they can play god. :mad:

Hi All,

FYI: DNA tests have proven that this unidentified female is Christina Martinez 15, who had been missing since May 3, 1997 from Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona. She was for years listed as a runaway. With the passage of time that was changed to Missing Endangered.

two days ago I got word from Christina's best friend Valerie that Christina is in fact Pinal County, Arizona Jane Doe found on May 10, 1997, in the desert outside of Florence, AZ. ( I am Internet friends with Valerie And have know since Feb. that they were doing DNA tests)

Yours
Peter Henderson

Here's her Charley page with her photo placed side-by-side with the reconstruction. I'm posting it here so that it will still be accessible when Charley Project removes her page from the site.

Christina Marie Martinez

2329249140045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2924253160045078242S500x500Q851.jpg

Martinez, circa 1997;

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: May 3, 1997 from Phoenix, Arizona
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: May 10, 1981
Height and Weight: 5'4 - 5'6, 115 - 130 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic female. Black hair, hazel eyes. Martinez's ears are double-pierced and she has freckles across her nose. She had her hair cut short before her disappearance.
Medical Conditions: Martinez suffers from a seizure disorder requiring medication.

Details of Disappearance:

Martinez was last seen in Phoenix, Arizona on May 3, 1997. She lived in the vicinty of north 12th Avenue and west Indian School Road at the time of her disappearance. She left home between 7:00 and 8:00 a.m. with a backpack full of clothes, intending to wash them at the laundromat. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

TY Carl,

There is a preamble to Christina going missing, but one I do not feel comfortable with revealing without the OK of those who knew and loved Christina.

Suffice to say the Phoenix PD had reasons to list her as a runaway, although no one who knew and loved Christina felt she had taken off on her own.

Christina Marie Martinez was, in the words of her best friend Valerie,".. a fun person to be around & didn’t mind telling you off if you pissed her off-she always had my back that was for sure! She was a down *advertiser censored* chick with a BIG heart."

Valerie has been haunted by the fact her childhood friend vanished. She hunted all the missing person files and the Doe Network " I hate the way I feel when I’m looking through "Jane Does",sometimes HOPING that one of them will be her. SO then at least I will know SOMETHING. I think about her and all the fun times we had together. How truly she was my best friend & still is to this day!" (Valerie)

Val created MySpace and Facebook pages for Christine, always asking others to pass Christina's picture and information along.

That's how I met Val, on the Internet, When I read what she had to say, my heart broke for her.

When I read; " I don’t care how long it takes I won't ever stop thinking about her or give up. She is more than just a case number to me! I loved her....that’s what "real" love is, never giving up on someone." I knew two things, Christina was loved and missed, and Valerie was a exceptional person.

I'm not sure why the LVMPD page gives that specific street address in Las Vegas when Martinez's body was found about six hours away. The page did mention she was thought to have been murdered there. Google Maps shows a mall on one side of that street and strip malls along the other side.

From November 2015:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...sted--phoenix-cold-case-murder-abrk/30302733/

Craig Leslie Jacobsen, also known as John Flowers, was extradited Thursday from Carson City, Nevada, and taken into custody at a Phoenix airport...

A grand jury on Oct. 14, 2014, charged Jacobsen with first-degree murder and kidnapping in the death of Christina Marie Martinez in Maricopa County...

The indictment said Martinez was restrained and died as a result of the alleged kidnapping, but it did not elaborate on her death or the victim.

From November:

Judge rules Nevada man has been faking mental incompetency to avoid standing trial

http://mynews4.com/news/local/judge-rules-nevada-man-has-been-faking-mental-incompetency-to-avoid-standing-trial

A judge in Phoenix has ruled that a man convicted of a killing a woman in Nevada has been faking being mentally incompetent to avoid standing trial in the Arizona homicide of another woman.

The judge in July had ruled that Craig Leslie Jacobsen was incompetent to stand trial but in a new ruling says Jacobsen is competent and was "malingering to get out of his criminal case."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back