Kanye West ruins another acceptance speech

Indianagirl

Reaction score
UGH!! I don't get this guy! Back in 2004, he rudely interrupted Gretchen Wilson's acceptance speech for Breakthrough New Artist at the AMAS. He rudely walked on stage and stated he was "robbed" of the award.

Fast forward to 2009. Last night at the VMAs, Taylor Swift won Best Female Video. During her acceptance speech, Kanye walked on stage and stole the microphone to announce that fellow nominee Beyoncé had "one of the greatest videos of all time."

I didn't watch the awards show but saw the highlights this morning and I felt so bad for Taylor when I saw the look on her face. How humiliating for her. Luckily, he got booed when his name was read as a nominee! This guy has no class! He needs to be banned from award shows!

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20302940_20304165,00.html

Taylor Swift Wins Best Female Video – Upsetting Kanye West

taylor-swift-2.jpg

I agree. He needs to be banned from the awards shows. Just like a child that can't behave. Beyonce showed real class when she invited Taylor Swift on stage with her when she won her award, and recalled being 17 and winning her first with Destiny's Child.

What can you say? He is what he is. His behavior speaks for him.

I applaud Taylor, she handled it like a pro. I really hope that people stop buying Kanye's albums, his head has gotten way to big.

I don't even know who Kanye is, but he obviously doesn't belong in this crowd. Ugh, ignorance beyond words.

Kanye is an angry man, and has always been, this is not new for him. I think his pedestal is going to be knocked over very soon.

I cannot believe this creep!! Pink was just on the Today show and said that was one time she wished she would of won the award. She did go on to say she doubted he would of interrupted her. She would of beat the crap out of him. I cannot believe how truly classless he is. I was so looking forward to Jay Lenos new show tonight, but since Kanya is a guest I guess I can wait until tomorrow to watch. I will not EVER watch anything this waste of space is on! My heart just broke for Taylor.

Obviously, the guy has an issue with country music, not to mention alcohol. On Fox and Friends Steve D was saying Kanye was spotted on the red carpet swigging directly from a booze bottle. I don't know if that is true or not but maybe Steve was trying to make a joke and show how much of a loser KW is. Fox did go on to show Beyonce's speech and how she asked Taylor to come out and have her moment. Kudos to Beyonce, she was classy, kind and genuine.

I hope she read Kanye the riot act and offered to hook him up with some professional help.

Oh please - I haven't liked Kanye for quite a while now - since his "rant" on another award show when he DIDN'T win. My 15 yr old can't stand him as well.

You watch - he'll show up again.

Betcha Obama appoints him as "Music Czar"!

Here's his half-azz apology:

"I'M SOOOOO SORRY TO TAYLOR SWIFT AND HER FANS AND HER MOM. I SPOKE TO HER MOTHER RIGHT AFTER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING MY MOTHER WOULD'VE SAID. SHE IS VERY TALENTED! I LIKE THE LYRICS ABOUT BEING A CHEERLEADER AND SHE'S IN THE BLEACHERS! …………………… I'M IN THE WRONG FOR GOING ON STAGE AND TAKING AWAY FROM HER MOMENT!…………….. BEYONCE'S VIDEO WAS THE BEST OF THIS DECADE!!!! I'M SORRY TO MY FANS IF I LET YOU GUYS DOWN!!!! I'M SORRY TO MY FRIENDS AT MTV. I WILL APOLOGIZE TO TAYLOR 2MRW. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!! EVERYBODY WANNA BOOOOO ME BUT I'M A FAN OF REAL POP CULTURE!!! NO DISRESPECT BUT WE WATCHIN' THE SHOW AT THE CRIB RIGHT NOW CAUSE … WELL YOU KNOW!!!! I'M STILL HAPPY FOR TAYLOR!!!! BOOOYAAAWWWW!!!! YOU ARE VERY VERY TALENTED!!! I GAVE MY AWARDS TO OUTKAST WHEN THEY DESERVED IT OVER ME… THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!!!!!! I'M NOT CRAZY YALL, I'M JUST REAL. SORRY FOR THAT!!! I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR TAYLOR AND I'M SINCERELY SORRY!!! MUCH RESPECT!!!!!"

http://perezhilton.com/2009-09-14-kanye-west-finally-apologizes

Here's his half-azz apology:

"I'M SOOOOO SORRY TO TAYLOR SWIFT AND HER FANS AND HER MOM. I SPOKE TO HER MOTHER RIGHT AFTER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING MY MOTHER WOULD'VE SAID. SHE IS VERY TALENTED! I LIKE THE LYRICS ABOUT BEING A CHEERLEADER AND SHE'S IN THE BLEACHERS! …………………… I'M IN THE WRONG FOR GOING ON STAGE AND TAKING AWAY FROM HER MOMENT!…………….. BEYONCE'S VIDEO WAS THE BEST OF THIS DECADE!!!! I'M SORRY TO MY FANS IF I LET YOU GUYS DOWN!!!! I'M SORRY TO MY FRIENDS AT MTV. I WILL APOLOGIZE TO TAYLOR 2MRW. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!! EVERYBODY WANNA BOOOOO ME BUT I'M A FAN OF REAL POP CULTURE!!! NO DISRESPECT BUT WE WATCHIN' THE SHOW AT THE CRIB RIGHT NOW CAUSE … WELL YOU KNOW!!!! I'M STILL HAPPY FOR TAYLOR!!!! BOOOYAAAWWWW!!!! YOU ARE VERY VERY TALENTED!!! I GAVE MY AWARDS TO OUTKAST WHEN THEY DESERVED IT OVER ME… THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!!!!!! I'M NOT CRAZY YALL, I'M JUST REAL. SORRY FOR THAT!!! I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR TAYLOR AND I'M SINCERELY SORRY!!! MUCH RESPECT!!!!!"

http://perezhilton.com/2009-09-14-kanye-west-finally-apologizes

Oh dear.. that's no apology. Especially considering he was still taking jabs in the BBM parts. LOL @ him giving up his awards to Outkast. He needs to just STFU and put his tail between his legs. Kayne, you're not real, you're ignorant. Oh yeah, and you abuse the use of exclamation points as well.

lol guess i'm a little dumb, not sure what this has to do with President Obama, oh wait, everyone makes everything to do with President Obama, (insert Eye roll here)

now back to the topic...

Kanye is a pain in the *advertiser censored* but 2 reasons he will be back next year:

1. Mtv eats it up. The ratings boost and they can claim ignorance. BUt really at this point, you DO know better, he does it EVERY time, it's not ignorance.
2. As much as I can't STAND the man, he's a hot producer, if we boycotted Kanye, we'd be boycotting Jay-Z and all of the other artists he produces music for.

Just my 2 cent anyways :)

Obviously, the guy has an issue with country music, not to mention alcohol. On Fox and Friends Steve D was saying Kanye was spotted on the red carpet swigging directly from a booze bottle. I don't know if that is true or not but maybe Steve was trying to make a joke and show how much of a loser KW is. Fox did go on to show Beyonce's speech and how she asked Taylor to come out and have her moment. Kudos to Beyonce, she was classy, kind and genuine.

I hope she read Kanye the riot act and offered to hook him up with some professional help.

It's true, here he is with his hideous girlfriend and an open container. I guess the law doesn't apply here, he is disgusting.

http://www.dlisted.com/files/kanyehenny1.jpg

What really impressed me was that when Beyonce won the best video of the year award, she said that she remembered how special it was when she was 17 and nominated with Destiny's Child. She invited Taylor to come out and have "her moment". Taylor came out and gave the speech she began before Kanye's interruption. Sidenote, Kanye was asked to leave the event and told he would not be permitted back in the arena. He went home and watched the rest of the show on his TV, kickin back with his android girlfriend. Kanye does what he does best. Create controversy. BTW, did you all know he is on Jay Leno's first show TONIGHT??? You know he did it for the attention. Sadly, in the "industry" any attention is good attention. Until we stop rewarding the behavior, it won't stop.

He needs to just STFU. That's all. I personally don't think he's that talented.

Eye of the beholder and all, I guess.

I have always thought that Beyonce was a classy lady and she proved it last night. Poor Taylor. I felt so bad for her. She obviously had no idea how to react.

Hopefully MTV will take the high road and not invite Kanye to anymore award shows. Rushing the stage twice is too much. The guy just can't help making an *advertiser censored* out of himself. I don't deny he is talented but his douche-bag antics are quickly overshadowing his talent. At least he is getting tons of bad press and his little side-show has blown up in his face. Alot of people have lost a lot of respect for him. The fact that he is so narcissistic and egotistical it is really going to bother him getting booed and having people talking about him. He has certainly showed in the past his great need for acceptance and recognition. He is getting recognition now but not the kind he wants.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back